By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activi$ion has learned nothing: games 2 and 3 on Spyro Reignited Trilogy to STILL require patch after delay

Even after a 2 month delay, Activi$ion confirms games 2 and 3 on the Spyro Reignited Trilogy will still require a day 1 patch to play (in full).

Fuck Activi$ion for trying to push their all-digital bullshit on us. These motherfuckers also required a 50GB patch to play the physical editions of Black Ops 4 to gimp players into buying a digital copy that you don't own and can't trade in/sell. I, for one, don't like waiting for downloads and actually like having physical possessions (I still buy music CDs, too, yes, shoot me) and what's the point if they're not gonna put the WHOLE game on the damn disc? Talk about learning nothing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this is the same company that locks remasters behind $80 bundles with games nobody wants before releasing $40 standalone versions months afterward (I'm looking at you, Modern Warfare Remastered) and requires constant updates of their games to stay relevant (Destiny 2). They also locked all BO4 DLC behind a season pass that you can only get with a $100 SE, let's not forget, they're really starting to give EA a run for their money at this point. 

I'd say take a stand and #VoteWithYourWallet, I don't want other companies to start to do this shit.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 31 October 2018

Around the Network

Do these publisher not understand the purpose of physical releases? It's so dumb, and there is no excuse. There is no way the whole collection wouldn't fit on one Blu-Ray

melbye said:
Do these publisher not understand the purpose of physical releases? It's so dumb, and there is no excuse. There is no way the whole collection wouldn't fit on one Blu-Ray

This is the reason consoles are coming with bigger and bigger hard drives, just expect even bigger downloadable patches on next gen titles.

melbye said:

They're trying to discourage physical sales because digital sales are more profitable. Believe me, I get why they're doing this.

Still a dick move, though. It's not even comparable to not fitting all MMXL collection games on 1 cartridge for the Switch, which are more expensive to produce.

In other words, I'm still not getting it unless there's a PC version with a good discount.

Around the Network

I agree with OP. Just avoid all activision games.

Don't care in the slightest. Still buying it day one. Crash was amazing, this will be too.

Needing to download a Day One Patch isn't going to affect that.

Lots of games get delayed and still require day one patches.

Personally with what Activision has done monetizing CoD for the last few years it seems a hefty update is the least scummy thing they’ve done.

I completely agree and understand the OP

...but man....Black Ops 4 is so dam fun!!!

Digital is the future.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.