Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 41 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - October 8-14, 2018

Preorder ratio on COMG:

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PS4 - 1:1315
Super Mario Party NS - 1:2460 (forgot that one last week)

Weekly ratio on COMG:

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PS4 - 1:399
Super Mario Party NS - 1:1075
Assassin's Creed Odyssey PS4 - 1:635
Musou Orochi 3 PS4 - 1:630
Lyrical Star Varnir PS4 - 1:270 (1:433 without CE)
Minecraft NS - 1:578
Marvel's Spiderman PS4 - 1:759

Once again I only include stuff that has more than 10pts on the weekly chart of COMG.
CoD and Varnir have a really bad weekly ratio compared to the other stuff that's why I included the preorder ratios as well.
Sadly it missed a 300k opening by a lot.
COMG really has different preferences compared to overall Japan.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Around the Network

Nice hold for Mario Party!

Huh. I just noticed after verifying some Resetera posts that the Smash Switch bundle is releasing 2 weeks later in Japan than it is in the west. How odd. It's releasing the same time as the Pokemon bundle, so instead of two big weeks for Media Create there will be one humongous week for the bundles.

COD is surprisingly big. Compare how much more it sold than Assassins Creed. I had expected for a western game AssCreed would've resonated better with the japanese customers, seems I'm wrong with this assumption.

Pro-pricecut leads to Pro selling better than base model and overall nice sales bump for PS4.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Megiddo said:
Huh. I just noticed after verifying some Resetera posts that the Smash Switch bundle is releasing 2 weeks later in Japan than it is in the west. How odd. It's releasing the same time as the Pokemon bundle, so instead of two big weeks for Media Create there will be one humongous week for the bundles.

That was known for time now, on 16. November in Japan we will have Pokemon Lets Go game launch, Pokemon Lets Go bundles and Smash Bros bundle.

Easily 200k+ week, maybe even 300k+..

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
COMG ratio is kinda bad with PS4 titles I mean COD was at 500 + points ....

Anywoo, Kirby's back :) Switch hardware didn't decrease by much too :3

What? The ratios are used for preorder numbers, not weekly sales. 1:500 for FW to weekly sales is expectation.

CoD is bigger in Japan than I thought.

Minecraft and Splatoon 2 are back up to 5 and 6 respectively. All of those other games came and went.

Mar1217 said:

The ratio may be bad but the actual sales are anything but. Record breaking sales for cod in Japan baby! 

And its digital sales will be decent unlike most past cods. Some even had no digital. So all in all a fantastic week for the series in Japan. Legs should be good too and it will easily cross 500k. Who knows how much higher though. 

Kerotan said:
Mar1217 said:

The ratio may be bad but the actual sales are anything but. Record breaking sales for cod in Japan baby! 

And its digital sales will be decent unlike most past cods. Some even had no digital. So all in all a fantastic week for the series in Japan. Legs should be good too and it will easily cross 500k. Who knows how much higher though. 

650k ( BO2 ) would be a good target.

Week 3 for Orochi 3 and it's still in the top 4? Awesome!

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702