By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 41 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - October 8-14, 2018

Highest PS4 sales in 8 weeks and 400 units away from the highest in 18 weeks...not bad for insignificance.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
Highest PS4 sales in 8 weeks and 400 units away from the highest in 18 weeks...not bad for insignificance.

That's really low for a week with a price cut and the biggest game in that time frame.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Hardware numbers back to normal.

Other than that, the only thing noteworthy here is COD FW numbers and Super Mario Party legs.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Switch numbers still doing good, COD numbers is rather surprising, did it just give PS4 more of a boost than Spider-Man did in japan?

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

From jarod on resetera.com. Some history made this week!

"From Game Data Library twitter using Famitsu :

- Launch retail sales of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 in Japan is the biggest of the series since Black Ops 2 and the biggest any SKU, with digital it should be the biggest launch for Call of Duty in Japan.

- It's also the second biggest retail launch in Japan for the year so far (MH World is first, Kirby Star Allies third)

- And its the biggest launch for any Sony published title on PS4 in Japan, and the biggest launch for a Sony published title in 8 years, the biggest since Gran Turismo 5 on PS3.

Also yeah for those who don't follow the other markets : Black Ops 4 PS4 retail in Japan > Black Ops 4 PS4 retail in the UK"

Around the Network
Farsala said:

880k is what BO2 eventually did, which looks difficult to achieve.

Where are you getting that number from? If so, then yeah, that is a difficult target.

Mordred11 said:
Farsala said:

880k is what BO2 eventually did, which looks difficult to achieve.

Where are you getting that number from? If so, then yeah, that is a difficult target.

I can't seem to recall the exact thread where I got the numbers or the media create thread where I posted a big post about it. It was quite awhile ago, maybe around the time GT6 released, but either way I cannot retrieve the info without significant time effort. And it might not have even been BO2, but BO.  My bad for no proof, one day I might find it.

Farsala said:
Mordred11 said:

I can't seem to recall the exact thread where I got the numbers or the media create thread where I posted a big post about it. It was quite awhile ago, maybe around the time GT6 released, but either way I cannot retrieve the info without significant time effort. And it might not have even been BO2, but BO.  My bad for no proof, one day I might find it.

Call of Duty BO2 (PS3) from Media Create top 1000 for 2012 and 2013:

180.585 dubbed

322.881 subtitled

25.576 bargain

9.778 standard bargain

total 538.82

Black Ops IIII should be able to match or exceed that 

Train wreck said:
Farsala said:

Call of Duty BO2 (PS3) from Media Create top 1000 for 2012 and 2013:

180.585 dubbed

322.881 subtitled

25.576 bargain

9.778 standard bargain

total 538.82

Black Ops IIII should be able to match or exceed that 

I am well aware of Media Create CY 1000 threads for 2011+. It is the earlier ones that I can't find, wish I could find my old post...

PS4 has 6 items on top 10. It's not Nintendo domination of the top 10 for some weeks.

will Minecraft ever slow down?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?