By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

Kerotan said: 

Damien Maia tore through the welterweight decision taking everybody down and submitting them in what was something like a 10 fight winstreak.

7 wins, 4 decisions and 3 submissions. Since then he's had 3 straight defeats. He's 7-5 in his last 12 fights.



                            

Around the Network
Carl said:
Kerotan said: 

Damien Maia tore through the welterweight decision taking everybody down and submitting them in what was something like a 10 fight winstreak.

7 wins, 4 decisions and 3 submissions. Since then he's had 3 straight defeats. He's 7-5 in his last 12 fights.

When he fought woodley he was on that streak. He's over the hill now though. My point was woodley has faced every type of style and none have worked since he became champ. I remember he was knocked out years ago. I think his only ko but it was to a juiced up nate marquet who was a monster and hit like a truck. Even at that it took quick a few big blows to put woodley out. 

 

What I'm saying is khabib won't take him down and he won't knock him out. 



McGregor is a bully and is often the instigator but not in this case. Khabib was the instigator. He cornered artem and slapped him. He knew mcgregor would take the bait and retaliate. And for the last 2 years he's been shit talking mcgregor long before mcgregor said a bad word about him. Stop rewriting history to suit your anti mcgregor agenda.

And to say a fighter being a bully is bad is laughable. Their job is literally to get in a cage and bully each other. Any sports physiologist will tell you that mental warfare before the fight can have a huge bearing on the result. Mcgregors bully tactics haven't always worked but there's no doubt they have helped him win certain fights. Aldo the prime example. Alvarez probably the next best example.

 

You DO realize Artem made fun of Khabib, right? Khabib already stated he was just talking with him. Nothing crazy, just a civil question as to why he commented on him the way he did? McGregor obviously over exaggerated and took it way too far. He thought he was picking a fight lol. Honestly, I think he would have raided that bus either way. I don't think the artem confrontation was the reason at all. There's already talk about it going deeper than that. 

Don't say crap like I'm trying to re-write history or something. LOL, give me a break. You have an opinion, I have an opinion. You like McGregor, I despise the clown. Simple as that. I've been watching these two for quite some time to be able to form an opinion I'm more than comfortable with stating. Khabib just wants to fight in the ring. McGregor, well...it seems more and more he's trying to be something else. Maybe he should run away to the WWE like Ronda did because honestly, this is exactly who he is reminding me of. All talk. Or if WWE is not his thing, focus on selling his whiskey lol - what a joke that was to me. But hey, a vast majority can relate to this sort of behaviour I guess.

Hey man, BULLY all you want. Just don't bring in family, religion or anything personal into the equation. That shit just gets serious all too often and gets out of hand real quick. You think Khabib cares about McGregor's religion or father or whatever goes on in his life? Stick to saying he's an amateur or newb or somethin (which he quickly proved otherwise) or anything related to the actual fighting. What does anything else even have to do with it? Right?

Last edited by StreaK - on 08 October 2018

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

What? None of the fighters I mentioned lasted 13 seconds. That was aldo who he fought at featherweight. Alvarez he demolished over 2 rounds. I believe about 8mins. Come on Rick, at least know your stuff before making your posts. 

McGregor is a bully and is often the instigator but not in this case. Khabib was the instigator. He cornered artem and slapped him. He knew mcgregor would take the bait and retaliate. And for the last 2 years he's been shit talking mcgregor long before mcgregor said a bad word about him. Stop rewriting history to suit your anti mcgregor agenda. 

 

And to say a fighter being a bully is bad is laughable. Their job is literally to get in a cage and bully each other. Any sports physiologist will tell you that mental warfare before the fight can have a huge bearing on the result. Mcgregors bully tactics haven't always worked but there's no doubt they have helped him win certain fights. Aldo the prime example. Alvarez probably the next best example. 

At lightweight sure it should be expected. Going from fighting at 145 to fighting at 155 and then the last minute you change opponent to fight at 170 who is bigger and much more comfortable at that weight isn't straight forward. Mcgregor was at a huge disadvantage. But massive credit to him for saving that card after RDA pulled out. 

ok so i watched the RDA vs alverz fight, it was pretty even till alverz rocked him and finished the fight in the first round,  its a huge difference between that and just taking the guy down at will for 5 rounds at where he basically can't do nothing, you know the guys chances are slim to none when he's taking you down physically and just dominating you, i watched plenty of ufc fights to know this.

 

I'm not anti mcgregor, i enjoy a bit of shit talking it makes the fight more entertaining, but it goes too far when you mention people's country, racism, death threats, family, i don't get what's hard to understand. of course khabib will call out mcgregor he had the belt at the the time and wouldn't defend it, plus he's a big pay day on top of that, as for artem, kabib never talked about him and the guy was taking shit about him for no reason, khabib calling mcgregor was strictly business, he wants the belt. 

That's pretty much where I'm coming from. Exactly. Why on earth did he have to bring up family and religion? And geez, that death threat - I forgot about that! Man that made me laugh, though. I'll give that to him.



StreaK said:

McGregor is a bully and is often the instigator but not in this case. Khabib was the instigator. He cornered artem and slapped him. He knew mcgregor would take the bait and retaliate. And for the last 2 years he's been shit talking mcgregor long before mcgregor said a bad word about him. Stop rewriting history to suit your anti mcgregor agenda.

And to say a fighter being a bully is bad is laughable. Their job is literally to get in a cage and bully each other. Any sports physiologist will tell you that mental warfare before the fight can have a huge bearing on the result. Mcgregors bully tactics haven't always worked but there's no doubt they have helped him win certain fights. Aldo the prime example. Alvarez probably the next best example.

 

You DO realize Artem made fun of Khabib, right? Khabib already stated he was just talking with him. Nothing crazy, just a civil question as to why he commented on him the way he did? McGregor obviously over exaggerated and took it way too far. He thought he was picking a fight lol. Honestly, I think he would have raided that bus either way. I don't think the artem confrontation was the reason at all. There's already talk about it going deeper than that. 

Don't say crap like I'm trying to re-write history or something. LOL, give me a break. You have an opinion, I have an opinion. You like McGregor, I despise the clown. Simple as that. I've been watching these two for quite some time to be able to form an opinion I'm more than comfortable with stating. Khabib just wants to fight in the ring. McGregor, well...it seems more and more he's trying to be something else. Maybe he should run away to the WWE like Ronda did because honestly, this is exactly who he is reminding me of. All talk. Or if WWE is not his thing, focus on selling his whiskey lol - what a joke that was to me. But hey, a vast majority can relate to this sort of behaviour I guess.

Hey man, BULLY all you want. Just don't bring in family, religion or anything personal into the equation. That shit just gets serious all too often and gets out of hand real quick. You think Khabib cares about McGregor's religion or father or whatever goes on in his life? Stick to saying he's an amateur or newb or somethin (which he quickly proved otherwise) or anything related to the actual fighting. What does anything else even have to do with it? Right?

OK here's a few more things about this so called respectful role model khabib. On more then 1 occasion he has spat on his opponents. On more then 1 occasion his crew has been involved in mass brawls while they came to ufc events as spectators. Khabib and his buddies degraded homeless men in New York while filming and laughing at them. Ironically mcgregor has generously donated to homeless charities in Ireland in the past. He's also donating a portion of his new whiskey sales to first responders around the world. 

 

McGregor is no angel but let's not pretend for a moment khabib is any better.

 

Now a question for any hard-core mma fans in this thread if there are any, do you think Ben Askern would maul khabib like he claimed over the weekend? I genuinely think he would and also he's the only guy currently who could potentially out wrestle woodley. 



Around the Network
Kerotan said:
StreaK said:

McGregor is a bully and is often the instigator but not in this case. Khabib was the instigator. He cornered artem and slapped him. He knew mcgregor would take the bait and retaliate. And for the last 2 years he's been shit talking mcgregor long before mcgregor said a bad word about him. Stop rewriting history to suit your anti mcgregor agenda.

And to say a fighter being a bully is bad is laughable. Their job is literally to get in a cage and bully each other. Any sports physiologist will tell you that mental warfare before the fight can have a huge bearing on the result. Mcgregors bully tactics haven't always worked but there's no doubt they have helped him win certain fights. Aldo the prime example. Alvarez probably the next best example.

 

You DO realize Artem made fun of Khabib, right? Khabib already stated he was just talking with him. Nothing crazy, just a civil question as to why he commented on him the way he did? McGregor obviously over exaggerated and took it way too far. He thought he was picking a fight lol. Honestly, I think he would have raided that bus either way. I don't think the artem confrontation was the reason at all. There's already talk about it going deeper than that. 

Don't say crap like I'm trying to re-write history or something. LOL, give me a break. You have an opinion, I have an opinion. You like McGregor, I despise the clown. Simple as that. I've been watching these two for quite some time to be able to form an opinion I'm more than comfortable with stating. Khabib just wants to fight in the ring. McGregor, well...it seems more and more he's trying to be something else. Maybe he should run away to the WWE like Ronda did because honestly, this is exactly who he is reminding me of. All talk. Or if WWE is not his thing, focus on selling his whiskey lol - what a joke that was to me. But hey, a vast majority can relate to this sort of behaviour I guess.

Hey man, BULLY all you want. Just don't bring in family, religion or anything personal into the equation. That shit just gets serious all too often and gets out of hand real quick. You think Khabib cares about McGregor's religion or father or whatever goes on in his life? Stick to saying he's an amateur or newb or somethin (which he quickly proved otherwise) or anything related to the actual fighting. What does anything else even have to do with it? Right?

OK here's a few more things about this so called respectful role model khabib. On more then 1 occasion he has spat on his opponents. On more then 1 occasion his crew has been involved in mass brawls while they came to ufc events as spectators. Khabib and his buddies degraded homeless men in New York while filming and laughing at them. Ironically mcgregor has generously donated to homeless charities in Ireland in the past. He's also donating a portion of his new whiskey sales to first responders around the world. 

 

McGregor is no angel but let's not pretend for a moment khabib is any better.

 

Now a question for any hard-core mma fans in this thread if there are any, do you think Ben Askern would maul khabib like he claimed over the weekend? I genuinely think he would and also he's the only guy currently who could potentially out wrestle woodley. 

khabib not being any better is your biased opinion. i don't see khabib making death threats or racist comments, along with talking about people's country's and families on the regular like mcgregor. you try and make khabib look bad over anything he does including playing around with homeless but they were also giving them money they just had to work for it.

 



quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

OK here's a few more things about this so called respectful role model khabib. On more then 1 occasion he has spat on his opponents. On more then 1 occasion his crew has been involved in mass brawls while they came to ufc events as spectators. Khabib and his buddies degraded homeless men in New York while filming and laughing at them. Ironically mcgregor has generously donated to homeless charities in Ireland in the past. He's also donating a portion of his new whiskey sales to first responders around the world. 

 

McGregor is no angel but let's not pretend for a moment khabib is any better.

 

Now a question for any hard-core mma fans in this thread if there are any, do you think Ben Askern would maul khabib like he claimed over the weekend? I genuinely think he would and also he's the only guy currently who could potentially out wrestle woodley. 

khabib not being any better is your biased opinion. i don't see khabib making death threats or racist comments, along with talking about people's country's and families on the regular like mcgregor. you try and make khabib look bad over anything he does including playing around with homeless but they were also giving them money they just had to work for it.

 

Jesus christ you don't see it because you don't want to. He insulted the country of ireland, insulted mcgregors grandfather and he made threats to coach kavanagh in the past for making a harmless joke about Islam.

 

They fucking degraded those men. Laughed and mocked them. You are trying so hard to act like khabib doesn't have a bad side to him. 



Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

khabib not being any better is your biased opinion. i don't see khabib making death threats or racist comments, along with talking about people's country's and families on the regular like mcgregor. you try and make khabib look bad over anything he does including playing around with homeless but they were also giving them money they just had to work for it.

 

Jesus christ you don't see it because you don't want to. He insulted the country of ireland, insulted mcgregors grandfather and he made threats to coach kavanagh in the past for making a harmless joke about Islam.

 

They fucking degraded those men. Laughed and mocked them. You are trying so hard to act like khabib doesn't have a bad side to him. 

I never said khabib doesnt have a bad side, but its no where near conor's. all you do is have to watch sports broadcasters talk about khabib or conor, khabib is known as a good guy in the sport by most while connor is known to be jerk and expected thats his thing. show me a video or links of all the bad stuff khabib did and compare to connor its laughable comparison to anyone  who is not blindly biased.



Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

khabib not being any better is your biased opinion. i don't see khabib making death threats or racist comments, along with talking about people's country's and families on the regular like mcgregor. you try and make khabib look bad over anything he does including playing around with homeless but they were also giving them money they just had to work for it.

 

Jesus christ you don't see it because you don't want to. He insulted the country of ireland, insulted mcgregors grandfather and he made threats to coach kavanagh in the past for making a harmless joke about Islam.

 

They fucking degraded those men. Laughed and mocked them. You are trying so hard to act like khabib doesn't have a bad side to him. 

He didn't degrade mcgregors grandad. It is a well known fact mcgregors grandad fought for the British navy against the Irish. Khabib stated a fact, mcgregor labled someone a terrorist.

 

Khabib also gives to charity  He gives a minimum of 2.5% of his wealth every year to charity and he does it without making a scene of it 

 

The issue here is pain and simple . Khabib isn't white, is a Muslim and is pretty much seen as a villain from day one  He is favoured mostly by ethnic minorities and probably the Muslim world. This incident has highlighted favouritism, racism, islamophobia, cherry picking where to include things in time lines and quotes more than anything else.

 

No one is disputing Khabib shouldn't have gone after the guy. Hell even khabib isn't  However, true to any incident in the world where an element of racism etc exists, it is one rule fir us and another for them.

 

What happened after the fight shouldn't have happened  but I believe it was needed to highlight these issues and open up debates so it can improve going forward



People saying khabib was in the wrong don't understand basic human psychology. This hguy was holding in so much hatred and emotions from all the bullshit conor said and did, to focus on the fight. He finally beat it, where was all that bottled up emotion supposed to go? Especially when you got mcgregors coach or whoever his name is probably taunting him from outside the cage.