By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

Fei-Hung said:
Kerotan said:

Jesus christ you don't see it because you don't want to. He insulted the country of ireland, insulted mcgregors grandfather and he made threats to coach kavanagh in the past for making a harmless joke about Islam.

They fucking degraded those men. Laughed and mocked them. You are trying so hard to act like khabib doesn't have a bad side to him. 

He didn't degrade mcgregors grandad. It is a well known fact mcgregors grandad fought for the British navy against the Irish. Khabib stated a fact, mcgregor labled someone a terrorist.

Khabib also gives to charity  He gives a minimum of 2.5% of his wealth every year to charity and he does it without making a scene of it 

The issue here is pain and simple . Khabib isn't white, is a Muslim and is pretty much seen as a villain from day one  He is favoured mostly by ethnic minorities and probably the Muslim world. This incident has highlighted favouritism, racism, islamophobia, cherry picking where to include things in time lines and quotes more than anything else.

No one is disputing Khabib shouldn't have gone after the guy. Hell even khabib isn't  However, true to any incident in the world where an element of racism etc exists, it is one rule fir us and another for them.

What happened after the fight shouldn't have happened  but I believe it was needed to highlight these issues and open up debates so it can improve going forward

Fake news. The last time the British navy fought the Irish was 1916. If mcgregors grandad was involved he'd have to be about 60 years older then his father which is just a straight up lie. You guys peddle so much fake news around here to try and paint khabib as w good guy.

Here's another double standard. Mcgregor cells khabib backwards. Oh he's racist and an islsmaphobe! How many times have ufc fighters called mcgregor a leprechaun and told him to go eat his lucky charms? Nobody cried racism then. Double standards.

This is my final comment on the issue. Mcgregor has had worse pre fight antics then khabib although khabib has done some nasty things outside. But mcgregor is still worse. 

At one of their fights though khabib has behaved by far the worse. Spat on opponent, attacked spectator and caused a massive brawl. Compared to mcgregor who has always been respectful to his opponent after the fight in victory or defeat. 

Neither are angels so it's ridiculous and hypocritical to pretend otherwise. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Fei-Hung said:

He didn't degrade mcgregors grandad. It is a well known fact mcgregors grandad fought for the British navy against the Irish. Khabib stated a fact, mcgregor labled someone a terrorist.

Khabib also gives to charity  He gives a minimum of 2.5% of his wealth every year to charity and he does it without making a scene of it 

The issue here is pain and simple . Khabib isn't white, is a Muslim and is pretty much seen as a villain from day one  He is favoured mostly by ethnic minorities and probably the Muslim world. This incident has highlighted favouritism, racism, islamophobia, cherry picking where to include things in time lines and quotes more than anything else.

No one is disputing Khabib shouldn't have gone after the guy. Hell even khabib isn't  However, true to any incident in the world where an element of racism etc exists, it is one rule fir us and another for them.

What happened after the fight shouldn't have happened  but I believe it was needed to highlight these issues and open up debates so it can improve going forward

Fake news. The last time the British navy fought the Irish was 1916. If mcgregors grandad was involved he'd have to be about 60 years older then his father which is just a straight up lie. You guys peddle so much fake news around here to try and paint khabib as w good guy.

Here's another double standard. Mcgregor cells khabib backwards. Oh he's racist and an islsmaphobe! How many times have ufc fighters called mcgregor a leprechaun and told him to go eat his lucky charms? Nobody cried racism then. Double standards.

This is my final comment on the issue. Mcgregor has had worse pre fight antics then khabib although khabib has done some nasty things outside. But mcgregor is still worse. 

At one of their fights though khabib has behaved by far the worse. Spat on opponent, attacked spectator and caused a massive brawl. Compared to mcgregor who has always been respectful to his opponent after the fight in victory or defeat. 

The spit was never confirmed. dillon called khabib a muslim rat that why he went after him, he was no spectator. as for megregor the only guy who beat him in recent  years before khabib was nate, and nate was never suppose to even fight him, they had no history, so he was just shocked. listen tho what mcgregor says here he took to the next level, so its not surprising what went down.

https://youtu.be/lbR2jVtlaJY?t=361

as for the video where mcgregor apologized trying to say it's just busniess, he doesn't say that, he say's it's just kisses.  

Last edited by quickrick - on 09 October 2018

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

The spit was never confirmed. dillon called khabib a muslim rat that why he went after him, he was no spectator. as for megregor the only guy who beat him in recent  years before khabib was nate, and nate was never suppose to even fight him, they had no history, so he was just shocked. listen tho what mcgregor says here he took to the nest level. so its not surprising what went down.

as for the video where mcgregor apologized trying to say it's just busniess, he doesn't say that, he say's it's just kisses.  

More fake news. Dillon didn't say that. He just taunted him with his hands calling him on. If khabib had any class he'd smile back at him. No point continuing this. Every reply to me contains untruths. Stuff just being made up at this point. 

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

The spit was never confirmed. dillon called khabib a muslim rat that why he went after him, he was no spectator. as for megregor the only guy who beat him in recent  years before khabib was nate, and nate was never suppose to even fight him, they had no history, so he was just shocked. listen tho what mcgregor says here he took to the nest level. so its not surprising what went down.

More fake news. Dillon didn't say that. He just taunted him with his hands calling him on. If khabib had any class he'd smile back at him. No point continuing this. Every reply to me contains untruths. Stuff just being made up at this point. 

is the youtube video on conor making death threats also fake as well, lol. i mean if somebody made threats like that to me i would want them dead, because he could be serious, and he sure does sound like it.

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

is the youtube video on conor making death threats also fake as well, lol. i mean if somebody made threats like that to me i would want them dead, because he could be serious, and he sure does sound like it.

It's the fight game. They are literally going into the cage trying to kill each other. Mohammad Ali said similar things about his opponents. All part of the mental warfare. Is Ali a horrible person too? What about tyson? Double standards from the mcgregor haters as usual.

BTW i never said mcgregor didn't say that I said danis said nothing outside the cage. Khabib was mentally insane and got triggered by the sight of him. If every fighter who has had personal shit thrown at him pre fight reacted the way khabib did after MMA would be banned in almost every western country. 

You do realise as soon as khabib won he turned towards mcgregors corner where danis was also seated just behind and fired his gumshield at them. Its not ridiculous to think danis would stand up calling him on with his hands. A professional mma fighter like khabib should be able to control himself from physically attacking them. So after the fight he was a bad winner, then when 1 of them stands up to him he goes batshit crazy. One of the all time low moments from an mma fighter and the worst winner in a long time. 

Now predictably you'll say but but the bus incident is as bad. And yes it is as bad. Hence why I'm not saying khabib is no worse then mcgregor. But he's no angel either. But 1 wrong doesn't justify a professional mma fighter committing another wrong. 

Around the Network

^^^^ I'm done with all the mcgregor hater bs and the good guy khabib bs. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and there's no point trying to change someone's mind when they are set in stone.

So now the dust is settling. The final ppv numbers are not in but the ufc has announced it smashed the 2m mark by a wide margin, but not the 3m Mark. The previous highest ufc event was diaz vs mcgregor at 1.6m buys. But this has smashed the 2m mark. Mcgregor has now been involved in 5 of the 6 biggest ufc events. His is the golden goose and this just proves again he doesn't need any particular opponent, because he is the draw that people pay for.

With fights like mcgregor diaz 3, mcgregor vs gsp, mcgregor v aldo 2 at lightweight, mcgregor v ferguson, mcgregor v woodley, and mcgregor v khabib 2 there are no shortage of massive money making possibilities. Now i just hope he isn't stupid enough to fight woodley at welterweight because he'll never be the same again. At least against fighters like khabib at lightweight he doesn't take much damage. But woodley smokes him badly. Just too big, strong and also a good wrestler and now a black belt. I hope he fights 2 or 3 lads like gsp, aldo, diaz and ferguson at lightweight before thinking of a khabib rematch. And a rematch will do 3m+ ppv buys. Also maybe throw in a cross rules fight against a big name boxer too.

Link to story on ufc 229 doing way over 2m buys. 

https://themaclife.com/featured-posts/way-2-million-dana-white-forecasts-record-breaking-ufc-229-ppv-sales/

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10/9/17954146/jose-aldo-calls-for-rematch-conor-mcgregor-nowhere-to-run-ufc

Aldo just called out mcgregor. At lightweight. Paddy's day next year would be epic. But I don't see conor taking it as he has nothing to gain. justin gaethje or Nate at 155 next. The ufc will want a stand up fight.

Kerotan said:
Darc Requiem said:

Did I just read that Conor was at a disadvantage fighting Nate at 170lbs? That is Conor's natural weight. Nate came in on 10 days notice and had to cut weight. He was literally on vacation when UFC called. He didn't train at all for the fight. He had to spend the entire time cutting weight. I give Conor credit for coming back and edging out a decision in the second fight. That said not having to cut weight was to his advantage. More fighters are starting to realize that.

Have you ever fought before or played sports at a high level? You know mcgregor didn't even make the 170 mark. He weighed in at 168. The fact he beat diaz when they both had a full camp just proves my point. Diaz wasn't any better but mcgregor was. The reason diaz wasn't any fitter was because he's a triathlete and as a result his cardio is top notch all year around. Meanwhile mcgregor who had been training to fight at 145 for years was finally going back to 155. His entire camps cardio would be based on weighing in at 155. Instead he fights at welterweight and for the first time in his career gassed around just 1 and a half rounds. 

Your theory of fighting close to your natural weight makes no sense. Your natural out of camp walk around weight is not where you'll perform best. Your lowest weight when you've cut every ounce of fat is. Khabib walks around out of camp close to 185 and in the past when he wasn't as dedicated over 200. If khabib ever fought in those weight classes he might literally be killed. 

If woodley fought at light heavy weight the same. He'd gas out after 1 round. Now middleweight I think woodley could hold his own against most fighters although monsters like yoel romero would batter him. 

I'm wasting so much time in this thread explaining things that if you ever played sport at a high level you'd understand. Just note that mcgregor at 155 isn't even the lowest he can cut. 145 is but personally don't think it's healthy for him to cut that low anymore. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Woodley would ko the shit out of khabib, doubt khabib could do what he does to strikers ,geabbing legs for minutes and make the Gass and then Beat them in ground and pound

Damien Maia tore through the welterweight devision taking everybody down and submitting them in what was something like a 10 fight winstreak. He took on woodley for the title and got schooled. Couldn't get even close to taking woodley down. Khabib has no chance. He'd probably be ko'd before he gets a takedown attempt but even if he does woodley man handles him. Btw not even a woodley fan and I've been waiting for ever to see him lose. But you can't deny the man is a beast. 

It's not a theory. Frankie Edgar was light weight champion at his actual weight. Robert Whitaker was cutting weight to get to 170. He goes up to 185 where he is "too small" and becomes middleweight champion. Kelvin Gastleum struggled to make 170. He's forced to go to 185 by the UFC and has been spectacular. Did you see how Rumble Johnson looked when was cutting a crap ton of weight compared to what he looked like at 205?

Darc Requiem said:
Kerotan said:

Have you ever fought before or played sports at a high level? You know mcgregor didn't even make the 170 mark. He weighed in at 168. The fact he beat diaz when they both had a full camp just proves my point. Diaz wasn't any better but mcgregor was. The reason diaz wasn't any fitter was because he's a triathlete and as a result his cardio is top notch all year around. Meanwhile mcgregor who had been training to fight at 145 for years was finally going back to 155. His entire camps cardio would be based on weighing in at 155. Instead he fights at welterweight and for the first time in his career gassed around just 1 and a half rounds. 

Your theory of fighting close to your natural weight makes no sense. Your natural out of camp walk around weight is not where you'll perform best. Your lowest weight when you've cut every ounce of fat is. Khabib walks around out of camp close to 185 and in the past when he wasn't as dedicated over 200. If khabib ever fought in those weight classes he might literally be killed. 

If woodley fought at light heavy weight the same. He'd gas out after 1 round. Now middleweight I think woodley could hold his own against most fighters although monsters like yoel romero would batter him. 

I'm wasting so much time in this thread explaining things that if you ever played sport at a high level you'd understand. Just note that mcgregor at 155 isn't even the lowest he can cut. 145 is but personally don't think it's healthy for him to cut that low anymore. 

Damien Maia tore through the welterweight devision taking everybody down and submitting them in what was something like a 10 fight winstreak. He took on woodley for the title and got schooled. Couldn't get even close to taking woodley down. Khabib has no chance. He'd probably be ko'd before he gets a takedown attempt but even if he does woodley man handles him. Btw not even a woodley fan and I've been waiting for ever to see him lose. But you can't deny the man is a beast. 

It's not a theory. Frankie Edgar was light weight champion at his actual weight. Robert Whitaker was cutting weight to get to 170. He goes up to 185 where he is "too small" and becomes middleweight champion. Kelvin Gastleum struggled to make 170. He's forced to go to 185 by the UFC and has been spectacular. Did you see how Rumble Johnson looked when was cutting a crap ton of weight compared to what he looked like at 205?

What you're talking about is a fighter cutting to a weight he can't perform at. Mcgregor could perform at 145 for example and tore through the decision. But if he doesn't cut anything and fights at 170 he will be mauled by the big guys cutting to WW. WHITTAKER is a great example of a guy moving to a more suitable weight but you best believe he's still cutting to make middleweight so the theory doesn't hold. 

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

Hilarious. So khabib does what mcgregor does aka being a trash talking bully and he gets a free pass. I can't believe you say its just business for khabib which in fact its not. His unprofessional behaviour after defending his belt proved its not business and instead personal. In fact his actions were anti business. They didn't pay him the 2m he was due and he'll be heavily fined and suspended possibly losing the belt.

McGregor on the other hand has always said its business after his fights even with aldo who he mentally destroyed for 2 years before they fought. Showed him respect as soon as he beat him. I find this hilarious because when mcgregor fought khabib he actually told khabib its just business. He said it just as round 3 ended which mcgregor won according to the judges scorecards. That's also the first round khabib lost his entire career. Anyway it's clearly shown at the very start of this video. It's only business and mcgregor is damn good at making business. 

https://youtu.be/u5nU45sueFc

OMG man do you have a reading comprehension problem? there are levels to talking trash, talking about your family, disrespecting your religion and country, and making death threats, is a huge difference then  calling out someone to fight, trash talking is ok by me, but conner is on a different level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_McGregor

So trash talk is fine... as long as it doesn't involve family, religion, country or threatening someone? I mean... it's going to be pretty damn tame trash talking you allow by your standards, it's below the level of primary school "your mom" trash talk that 10 year olds do.

Unless you're talking about someone else entirely, this Conner person? I could be having a reading comprehension problem.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive