By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

Kerotan said:

He's already backed it up more then almost any fighter ever will. He enjoys fighting and making money. So he'll keep doing it win or lose and he'll keep promoting his fights with his mouth to make him more money. 

BTW i'd love to be a loud mouthed loser who has been champion in 2 different weight classes and worth that much money. Khabib may be better then mcgregor but I'd like to see khabib move up a weight class and try emulate mcgregors feat. Spoiler alert, Tryon Woodley would maul him. 

You back it up by winning and defending your titles, defending your position at the top. He's never defended a UFC title, despite being a two weight champion.

McGregor didn't "move up" a weight class. He's been moving in and out of Lightweight and Featherweight his entire career. He boxed Mayweather at 154, pretty much Lightweight in the UFC. He's comfortable at both. When he actually "moved up" and fought Diaz, known as a very average fighter, he was taught a lesson. He tapped early in the first fight and just managed the decision in the 2nd.

Woodley is a great fighter, not sure he could match Khabib though.

GSP would beat all of 'em.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

What? None of the fighters I mentioned lasted 13 seconds. That was aldo who he fought at featherweight. Alvarez he demolished over 2 rounds. I believe about 8mins. Come on Rick, at least know your stuff before making your posts. 

McGregor is a bully and is often the instigator but not in this case. Khabib was the instigator. He cornered artem and slapped him. He knew mcgregor would take the bait and retaliate. And for the last 2 years he's been shit talking mcgregor long before mcgregor said a bad word about him. Stop rewriting history to suit your anti mcgregor agenda. 

And to say a fighter being a bully is bad is laughable. Their job is literally to get in a cage and bully each other. Any sports physiologist will tell you that mental warfare before the fight can have a huge bearing on the result. Mcgregors bully tactics haven't always worked but there's no doubt they have helped him win certain fights. Aldo the prime example. Alvarez probably the next best example. 

At lightweight sure it should be expected. Going from fighting at 145 to fighting at 155 and then the last minute you change opponent to fight at 170 who is bigger and much more comfortable at that weight isn't straight forward. Mcgregor was at a huge disadvantage. But massive credit to him for saving that card after RDA pulled out. 

ok so i watched the RDA vs alverz fight, it was pretty even till alverz rocked him and finished the fight in the first round,  its a huge difference between that and just taking the guy down at will for 5 rounds at where he basically can't do nothing, you know the guys chances are slim to none when he's taking you down physically and just dominating you, i watched plenty of ufc fights to know this.

I'm not anti mcgregor, i enjoy a bit of shit talking it makes the fight more entertaining, but it goes too far when you mention people's country, racism, death threats, family, i don't get what's hard to understand. of course khabib will call out mcgregor he had the belt at the the time and wouldn't defend it, plus he's a big pay day on top of that, as for artem, kabib never talked about him and the guy was taking shit about him for no reason, khabib calling mcgregor was strictly business, he wants the belt. 

Hilarious. So khabib does what mcgregor does aka being a trash talking bully and he gets a free pass. I can't believe you say its just business for khabib which in fact its not. His unprofessional behaviour after defending his belt proved its not business and instead personal. In fact his actions were anti business. They didn't pay him the 2m he was due and he'll be heavily fined and suspended possibly losing the belt.

McGregor on the other hand has always said its business after his fights even with aldo who he mentally destroyed for 2 years before they fought. Showed him respect as soon as he beat him. I find this hilarious because when mcgregor fought khabib he actually told khabib its just business. He said it just as round 3 ended which mcgregor won according to the judges scorecards. That's also the first round khabib lost his entire career. Anyway it's clearly shown at the very start of this video. It's only business and mcgregor is damn good at making business. 

https://youtu.be/u5nU45sueFc

Carl said:
Kerotan said:

He's already backed it up more then almost any fighter ever will. He enjoys fighting and making money. So he'll keep doing it win or lose and he'll keep promoting his fights with his mouth to make him more money. 

BTW i'd love to be a loud mouthed loser who has been champion in 2 different weight classes and worth that much money. Khabib may be better then mcgregor but I'd like to see khabib move up a weight class and try emulate mcgregors feat. Spoiler alert, Tryon Woodley would maul him. 

You back it up by winning and defending your titles, defending your position at the top. He's never defended a UFC title, despite being a two weight champion.

McGregor didn't "move up" a weight class. He's been moving in and out of Lightweight and Featherweight his entire career. He boxed Mayweather at 154, pretty much Lightweight in the UFC. He's comfortable at both. When he actually "moved up" and fought Diaz, known as a very average fighter, he was taught a lesson. He tapped early in the first fight and just managed the decision in the 2nd.

Eh hello? He didn't move up and fight nate at lightweight. He moved up two weight classes to Welterweight. It's pretty unheard of ufc fighters doing that the way mcgregor did. Can't think of a similar situation ever. 

Khabib is huge for lightweight and it's why he can dominate smaller fighters so easily. Woodley is a legit welterweight beast and would knock the living shit out of khabib. First of all khabib isn't taking woodley down. Secondly woodley probably could take khabib down. But he doesn't need to because he's got monster power in his hands and would light khabib up. 

McGregor is a man who can make featherweight. Woodley could fight at middleweight. Khabib would have serious balls to take this fight but something tells me he'd rather take no risks and fight smaller lightweights. 

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

ok so i watched the RDA vs alverz fight, it was pretty even till alverz rocked him and finished the fight in the first round,  its a huge difference between that and just taking the guy down at will for 5 rounds at where he basically can't do nothing, you know the guys chances are slim to none when he's taking you down physically and just dominating you, i watched plenty of ufc fights to know this.

I'm not anti mcgregor, i enjoy a bit of shit talking it makes the fight more entertaining, but it goes too far when you mention people's country, racism, death threats, family, i don't get what's hard to understand. of course khabib will call out mcgregor he had the belt at the the time and wouldn't defend it, plus he's a big pay day on top of that, as for artem, kabib never talked about him and the guy was taking shit about him for no reason, khabib calling mcgregor was strictly business, he wants the belt. 

Hilarious. So khabib does what mcgregor does aka being a trash talking bully and he gets a free pass. I can't believe you say its just business for khabib which in fact its not. His unprofessional behaviour after defending his belt proved its not business and instead personal. In fact his actions were anti business. They didn't pay him the 2m he was due and he'll be heavily fined and suspended possibly losing the belt.

McGregor on the other hand has always said its business after his fights even with aldo who he mentally destroyed for 2 years before they fought. Showed him respect as soon as he beat him. I find this hilarious because when mcgregor fought khabib he actually told khabib its just business. He said it just as round 3 ended which mcgregor won according to the judges scorecards. That's also the first round khabib lost his entire career. Anyway it's clearly shown at the very start of this video. It's only business and mcgregor is damn good at making business. 

https://youtu.be/u5nU45sueFc

OMG man do you have a reading comprehension problem? there are levels to talking trash, talking about your family, disrespecting your religion and country, and making death threats, is a huge difference then  calling out someone to fight, trash talking is ok by me, but conner is on a different level.

Kerotan said:

Eh hello? He didn't move up and fight nate at lightweight. He moved up two weight classes to Welterweight. It's pretty unheard of ufc fighters doing that the way mcgregor did. Can't think of a similar situation ever. 

Khabib is huge for lightweight and it's why he can dominate smaller fighters so easily. Woodley is a legit welterweight beast and would knock the living shit out of khabib. First of all khabib isn't taking woodley down. Secondly woodley probably could take khabib down. But he doesn't need to because he's got monster power in his hands and would light khabib up. 

McGregor is a man who can make featherweight. Woodley could fight at middleweight. Khabib would have serious balls to take this fight but something tells me he'd rather take no risks and fight smaller lightweights. 

I just said that when he did actually move up from his natural weight, the Diaz fights, he was humbled. McGregor has been between Feather and Light his entire career. Those are his "natural" weights. His "move up" was to Welter.

I'm not too bothered about what Khabib does next, he can stay Light or move up and go for it. It's far more interesting to see what's next for McGregor. He has far more options open to him. Diaz 3, drop back down to Feather, try for the rematch with Khabib or go try Boxing again.

Around the Network
Carl said:
Kerotan said:

I just said that when he did actually move up from his natural weight, the Diaz fights, he was humbled. McGregor has been between Feather and Light his entire career. Those are his "natural" weights. His "move up" was to Welter.

I'm not too bothered about what Khabib does next, he can stay Light or move up and go for it. It's far more interesting to see what's next for McGregor. He has far more options open to him. Diaz 3, drop back down to Feather, try for the rematch with Khabib or go try Boxing again.

He spent the vast majority of his career at featherweight. It's like saying to emulate mcgregors achievements khabib has to win the welterweight belt and then beat some fighters at middleweight. It puts into perspective what mcgregor has done.

Only a few like DC and gsp have pulled it off to name a few. 

I'd like to see Khabib take on Lewis.

Or Khabib take on Tony Ferguson.

My kids like John Cena anyways...

Lots of RESPECT for these FighterZ!! History was made.

[edit: Good to see Ken Shamrock...OG Octagon King]

[edit edit: Ferguson and Pettis was the true Blood Sport title card]  ~ MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

Last edited by Mospeada21CA - on 08 October 2018

Did I just read that Conor was at a disadvantage fighting Nate at 170lbs? That is Conor's natural weight. Nate came in on 10 days notice and had to cut weight. He was literally on vacation when UFC called. He didn't train at all for the fight. He had to spend the entire time cutting weight. I give Conor credit for coming back and edging out a decision in the second fight. That said not having to cut weight was to his advantage. More fighters are starting to realize that.

Last edited by Darc Requiem - on 08 October 2018

Carl said:
Kerotan said:

Woodley would ko the shit out of khabib, doubt khabib could do what he does to strikers ,geabbing legs for minutes and make the Gass and then Beat them in ground and pound

Darc Requiem said:

Did I just read that Conor was at a disadvantage fighting Nate at 170lbs? That is Conor's natural weight. Nate came in on 10 days notice and had to cut weight. He was literally on vacation when UFC called. He didn't train at all for the fight. He had to spend the entire time cutting weight. I give Conor credit for coming back and edging out a decision in the second fight. That said not having to cut weight was to his advantage. More fighters are starting to realize that.

Have you ever fought before or played sports at a high level? You know mcgregor didn't even make the 170 mark. He weighed in at 168. The fact he beat diaz when they both had a full camp just proves my point. Diaz wasn't any better but mcgregor was. The reason diaz wasn't any fitter was because he's a triathlete and as a result his cardio is top notch all year around. Meanwhile mcgregor who had been training to fight at 145 for years was finally going back to 155. His entire camps cardio would be based on weighing in at 155. Instead he fights at welterweight and for the first time in his career gassed around just 1 and a half rounds. 

Your theory of fighting close to your natural weight makes no sense. Your natural out of camp walk around weight is not where you'll perform best. Your lowest weight when you've cut every ounce of fat is. Khabib walks around out of camp close to 185 and in the past when he wasn't as dedicated over 200. If khabib ever fought in those weight classes he might literally be killed. 

If woodley fought at light heavy weight the same. He'd gas out after 1 round. Now middleweight I think woodley could hold his own against most fighters although monsters like yoel romero would batter him. 

I'm wasting so much time in this thread explaining things that if you ever played sport at a high level you'd understand. Just note that mcgregor at 155 isn't even the lowest he can cut. 145 is but personally don't think it's healthy for him to cut that low anymore. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Carl said:

Woodley would ko the shit out of khabib, doubt khabib could do what he does to strikers ,geabbing legs for minutes and make the Gass and then Beat them in ground and pound

Damien Maia tore through the welterweight devision taking everybody down and submitting them in what was something like a 10 fight winstreak. He took on woodley for the title and got schooled. Couldn't get even close to taking woodley down. Khabib has no chance. He'd probably be ko'd before he gets a takedown attempt but even if he does woodley man handles him. Btw not even a woodley fan and I've been waiting for ever to see him lose. But you can't deny the man is a beast. 

Last edited by Kerotan - on 08 October 2018