By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

nobody is perfect especially in a bloodsport like this, but McGregor takes it too far, by making death threats and insulting a entire country people.

Imo khabib takes it too far by bringing religion into it. I remember he had a back and forth with John kavanagh for making a joke about Allah. Warning John not to joke about Islam. Like fuck me how extremist is he? 

And just for some balance before someone accuses me of being biased mcgregor takes it too far before his fights too. Although he's always been respectful in victory or defeat after. So neither are better then the other and people like yourself should start recognising that and acting like it's any different. 

I have no problem with respecting a religious person views as long they are respectful of the other persons beliefs, conor on the other hand is just doing everything he can to disrespect the person its a huge difference. like if i was talking to kabib i would be like ok he really religous not my type of people but its ok, mcgregor would be disrespectful how your country, your family, and to you.

khabib even said he doesn't like to discuss politics.

Last edited by quickrick - on 08 October 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:

nate diaz is garbage and connor basically lost 2 fights, to him and nate was destroyed by RDA a person khabib destroyed the writing was on the wall.

You're trying to state that as if it means a huge deal. It doesn't. Only people who don't really watch fights believe past results are definitive proof towards future fights' outcomes. Jose Aldo was beat by Conor in 13 seconds. By your logic, that would make Conor an absolute god among men. It doesn't, circumstances matter in a fight. Fighting styles matter in a fight. A fighter's condition matters in a fight. People make mistakes. Anything can happen.

Nate Diaz is garbage? Who exactly are you to even say that? Smh.

Kerotan said:
StreaK said:

Please, I don't wanna read these excuses for the man. All the bull that this guy said about Khabib. Going into the fight with these kinds of words? Did you even watch the presss conference? Did you not hear how this disgusting freak insulted his father and claimed his family are all terrorists? This is unforgivable. And you know what I say to your excuse for Conor? Khabib has that effect on all fighters. Everything I have seen of him he makes everyone look like they just stepped into the ring for the first time.

Khabib is the real deal and I think a lot of people finally understand that about him now. 27-0 - this is no joke! 

I mean, did anyone see how he nearly broke johnson's arm in that submission. 

Lastly...Khabib is a true gangster for what he did at the end. I think FINALLY he was awarded with that satisfaction. Good on him for doing it. It's nowhere near the level of Conor's stunts.

Lol your posts are hilarious. You should chill. Khabib isn't exactly a role model. His after victory antics are some of the worst ever witnessed after a ufc title fight if not the worst. He cornered a ufc fighter with his posse and slapped him earlier this year. He insulted the people of ireland because most of us speak English on a daily basis. He falsely claimed mcgregors grand father killed irish people while in the british army. 

Now just remember 50% of ireland doesn't even like mcgregor. A lot of people who are mcgregor haters in Ireland hate khabib now too where as originally they wanted him to beat mcgregor. They look at khabib now as just another thug like mcgregor. Khabib is no angel and if you watch some documentaries on him back home he's extremely disrespectful to women because of his religion. Not exactly a role model for the world.

I just find it hilarious you'll bend the truth out of your hatred for a more successful human then yourself. While your watching mcgregor get beat again, just remember khabib is actually the 5th guy to submit conor and for 20mins of tiring but not overly damaging work, mcgregor earned 50m. I'm sure he'll be OK. And if he wants he'll earn another few hundred million too.

Like the mcgregor bus attack, khabib last night has damaged the image of the ufc around the world. The media in Ireland is very anti mma and i know many countries are similar. The mma haters are going to have a field day thanks to the two lads fighting last night. 

Laugh all you want. This is just the internet.

And yeah sure he's no role model and I didn't say he was but all I'm saying here is that McGregor is the bully and the instigator. You and no one can deny that. These guys are fighters so of course they're gonna do their thing. But my point is, Khabib for the most part was handling everything McGregor threw at him more civilly. This comes down right to the fact that no, I simply do NOT like Conor - his attitude, his over-the-top behaviour and his crazy antics - all in the public eye. I don't care what these guys do privately, but when it comes down to the fight just please avoid acting like a clown. I mean shit, I'll say it right now - ever since Conor came along he pretty much makes the UFC look like a joke.

While Khabib was solely focused on the fight at hand, McGregor was the one making this personal. Do you think Khabib would ever say what he did if not for McGregor's accusations of him? Look around, man. Everyone knows he created this mess. It's all on him. I mean jesus, even calling Khabib a fake? When it's more clear now that McGregor is the fake making his millions more out of his crazy antics rather than the fights himself. The fact he has this so-called star power now is what's getting him paid the big bucks. Like a brand. I really can't respect this guy much as a fighter anymore.

Dana is guilty for all of this too. The dude lately bugs the shit out of me the way he kisses Conor's ass - literally! What's wrong with him?  He's his bread and butter and no matter what he does, he fully supports it. Very hypocritical for the shit McGregor gets away with and gets praised for while Khabib is immediately seen as the villain for doing far less harm lol. I don't care what anyone says, I see with my own eyes the hypocrisy at display here. I really wish I can understand why the public is sucking on this guys balls the way that they are.

So yeah, Khabib did what he had to do. How can I NOT root for this guy? Very easy to like the dude for the way he speaks alone. "I will humble this guy. I will teach him." Oh yeah, teach him is exactly what he did. Sorry, I just love watching the guy get what he deserved. We're watching this guy spit out garbage out of his mouth and it's time to FINALLY watch him eat his words. I call this KARMA.

I wasn't even a Khabib fan until recently. My guy will always be GSP. But man, it's just really easy to like Khabib the way he always kept his cool and always acted like he already won the fight before the fight even begun. THAT is pro! Just saying exactly how it is and what he was going to do. I don't give a shit what goes on behind closed door...this guy is a fighter. I want to watch him kick some ass. He gave that to me. 

Last edited by StreaK - on 08 October 2018

Mordred11 said:
quickrick said:

nate diaz is garbage and connor basically lost 2 fights, to him and nate was destroyed by RDA a person khabib destroyed the writing was on the wall.

You're trying to state that as if it means a huge deal. It doesn't. Only people who don't really watch fights believe past results are definitive proof towards future fights' outcomes. Jose Aldo was beat by Conor in 13 seconds. By your logic, that would make Conor an absolute god among men. It doesn't, circumstances matter in a fight. Fighting styles matter in a fight. A fighter's condition matters in a fight. People make mistakes. Anything can happen.

by garbage i mean hes not exactly top 5 fighter. everyone expected McGregor to destroy nate.

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

Nate at 155 is garbage you mean. Or at 170 against top class 170 fighters he's garbage you mean. If mcgregor could beat him at 170 he would destroy him at 155. Diaz is too big for lightweight and has to kill himself to make weight. He's too skinny, to weak and lacks energy compared to him at 170.

You really are not coming across as a knowledgeable mma fan I'm afraid to say. You just committed the cardinal sin of applying mma math which just doesn't work. By your flawed logic mcgregor should also destroy RDA, because RDA was destroyed by Alvarez who mcgregor demolished. You see where I'm going? Yeah mma math doesn't work buddy. Don't want to call you a casual but you should think these things through before you say them. 

Imo RDA beats mcgregor at WW but at LW he is killing himself and has no energy. He admitted it himself and that's why he moved to 170. 

its hard gauge how better a fighter is then another when it only lasted 13 seconds, those other  fights went 5 rounds much better to gauge how fighters compare then a 13 second KO.

What? None of the fighters I mentioned lasted 13 seconds. That was aldo who he fought at featherweight. Alvarez he demolished over 2 rounds. I believe about 8mins. Come on Rick, at least know your stuff before making your posts. 

StreaK said:
Kerotan said:

Lol your posts are hilarious. You should chill. Khabib isn't exactly a role model. His after victory antics are some of the worst ever witnessed after a ufc title fight if not the worst. He cornered a ufc fighter with his posse and slapped him earlier this year. He insulted the people of ireland because most of us speak English on a daily basis. He falsely claimed mcgregors grand father killed irish people while in the british army. 

Now just remember 50% of ireland doesn't even like mcgregor. A lot of people who are mcgregor haters in Ireland hate khabib now too where as originally they wanted him to beat mcgregor. They look at khabib now as just another thug like mcgregor. Khabib is no angel and if you watch some documentaries on him back home he's extremely disrespectful to women because of his religion. Not exactly a role model for the world.

I just find it hilarious you'll bend the truth out of your hatred for a more successful human then yourself. While your watching mcgregor get beat again, just remember khabib is actually the 5th guy to submit conor and for 20mins of tiring but not overly damaging work, mcgregor earned 50m. I'm sure he'll be OK. And if he wants he'll earn another few hundred million too.

Like the mcgregor bus attack, khabib last night has damaged the image of the ufc around the world. The media in Ireland is very anti mma and i know many countries are similar. The mma haters are going to have a field day thanks to the two lads fighting last night. 

And yeah sure he's no role model and I didn't say he was but all I'm saying here is that McGregor is the bully and the instigator. You and no one can deny that. These guys are fighters so of course they're gonna do their thing. But my point is, Khabib for the most part was handling everything McGregor threw at him more civilly. This comes down right to the fact that no, I simply do NOT like Conor - his attitude, his over-the-top behaviour and his crazy antics - all in the public eye. I don't care what these guys do privately, but when it comes down to the fight just please avoid acting like a clown. I mean shit, I'll say it right now - ever since Conor came along he pretty much makes the UFC look like a joke.

While Khabib was solely focused on the fight at hand, McGregor was the one making this personal. Do you think Khabib would ever say what he did if not for McGregor's accusations of him? Look around, man. Everyone knows he created this mess. It's all on him. I mean jesus, even calling Khabib a fake? When it's more clear now that McGregor is the fake making his millions more out of his crazy antics rather than the fights himself. The fact he has this so-called star power now is what's getting him paid the big bucks. Like a brand. I really can't respect this guy much as a fighter anymore.

Dana is guilty for all of this too. The dude lately bugs the shit out of me the way he kisses Conor's ass - literally! What's wrong with him?  He's his bread and butter and no matter what he does, he fully supports it. Very hypocritical for the shit McGregor gets away with and gets praised for while Khabib is immediately seen as the villain for doing far less harm lol. I don't care what anyone says, I see with my own eyes the hypocrisy at display here. I really wish I can understand why the public is sucking on this guys balls the way that they are.

So yeah, Khabib did what he had to do. How can I NOT root for this guy? Very easy to like the dude for the way he speaks alone. "I will humble this guy. I will teach him." Oh yeah, teach him is exactly what he did. Sorry, I just love watching the guy get what he deserved. We're watching this guy spit out garbage out of his mouth and it's time to FINALLY watch him eat his words. I call this KARMA.

I wasn't even a Khabib fan until recently. My guy will always be GSP. But man, it's just really easy to like Khabib the way he always kept his cool and always acted like he already won the fight before the fight even begun. THAT is pro! Just saying exactly how it is and what he was going to do. I don't give a shit what goes on behind closed door...this guy is a fighter. I want to watch him kick some ass. He gave that to me. 

McGregor is a bully and is often the instigator but not in this case. Khabib was the instigator. He cornered artem and slapped him. He knew mcgregor would take the bait and retaliate. And for the last 2 years he's been shit talking mcgregor long before mcgregor said a bad word about him. Stop rewriting history to suit your anti mcgregor agenda. 

And to say a fighter being a bully is bad is laughable. Their job is literally to get in a cage and bully each other. Any sports physiologist will tell you that mental warfare before the fight can have a huge bearing on the result. Mcgregors bully tactics haven't always worked but there's no doubt they have helped him win certain fights. Aldo the prime example. Alvarez probably the next best example. 

quickrick said:
Mordred11 said:

by garbage i mean hes not exactly top 5 fighter. everyone expected McGregor to destroy nate.

At lightweight sure it should be expected. Going from fighting at 145 to fighting at 155 and then the last minute you change opponent to fight at 170 who is bigger and much more comfortable at that weight isn't straight forward. Mcgregor was at a huge disadvantage. But massive credit to him for saving that card after RDA pulled out. 

Around the Network

How embarrassing for McGregor.

Runs his mouth vs Mayweather and gets schooled. Runs his mouth vs Khabib and gets schooled.

Carl said:

Runs his mouth vs Mayweather and gets schooled. Runs his mouth vs Khabib and gets schooled.

150m in the bank. Schools everybody on good business. Here's a nice juicy fact. Mcgregor paid more vs khabib then the entire ufc roster including khabib has been paid in 2018.

Kerotan said:
Carl said:

150m in the bank. Schools everybody on good business. Here's a nice juicy fact. Mcgregor paid more vs khabib then the entire ufc roster including khabib has been paid in 2018.

To keep that business flowing you've got to back it up, otherwise you're just a loud mouthed loser.

Carl said:
Kerotan said:

To keep that business flowing you've got to back it up, otherwise you're just a loud mouthed loser.

He's already backed it up more then almost any fighter ever will. He enjoys fighting and making money. So he'll keep doing it win or lose and he'll keep promoting his fights with his mouth to make him more money. 

BTW i'd love to be a loud mouthed loser who has been champion in 2 different weight classes and worth that much money. Khabib may be better then mcgregor but I'd like to see khabib move up a weight class and try emulate mcgregors feat. Spoiler alert, Tryon Woodley would maul him. 

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

its hard gauge how better a fighter is then another when it only lasted 13 seconds, those other  fights went 5 rounds much better to gauge how fighters compare then a 13 second KO.

What? None of the fighters I mentioned lasted 13 seconds. That was aldo who he fought at featherweight. Alvarez he demolished over 2 rounds. I believe about 8mins. Come on Rick, at least know your stuff before making your posts. 

StreaK said:

McGregor is a bully and is often the instigator but not in this case. Khabib was the instigator. He cornered artem and slapped him. He knew mcgregor would take the bait and retaliate. And for the last 2 years he's been shit talking mcgregor long before mcgregor said a bad word about him. Stop rewriting history to suit your anti mcgregor agenda. 

And to say a fighter being a bully is bad is laughable. Their job is literally to get in a cage and bully each other. Any sports physiologist will tell you that mental warfare before the fight can have a huge bearing on the result. Mcgregors bully tactics haven't always worked but there's no doubt they have helped him win certain fights. Aldo the prime example. Alvarez probably the next best example. 

quickrick said:

At lightweight sure it should be expected. Going from fighting at 145 to fighting at 155 and then the last minute you change opponent to fight at 170 who is bigger and much more comfortable at that weight isn't straight forward. Mcgregor was at a huge disadvantage. But massive credit to him for saving that card after RDA pulled out. 

ok so i watched the RDA vs alverz fight, it was pretty even till alverz rocked him and finished the fight in the first round,  its a huge difference between that and just taking the guy down at will for 5 rounds at where he basically can't do nothing, you know the guys chances are slim to none when he's taking you down physically and just dominating you, i watched plenty of ufc fights to know this.

I'm not anti mcgregor, i enjoy a bit of shit talking it makes the fight more entertaining, but it goes too far when you mention people's country, racism, death threats, family, i don't get what's hard to understand. of course khabib will call out mcgregor he had the belt at the the time and wouldn't defend it, plus he's a big pay day on top of that, as for artem, kabib never talked about him and the guy was taking shit about him for no reason, khabib calling mcgregor was strictly business, he wants the belt.