By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

goopy20 said:
Khabib's stand up sucks so I see him get slept early when McGregor lands some heavy counters.

I love it when people post garbage like this lol. And now looking back, it was actually Khabib that destroyed Conor on standup as well. Don't believe me? Just watch how he knocked Conor down from that shocking moment he connected a power jab. Unbelievable fight! It wasn't even close, Khabib mauled that loser McGregor like the little fake and fraud that he is.

Don't even get me started on the submission, man. Couldn't have ended better, I say. That is EXACTLY what McGregor deserved. To feel Khabib's death touch. That my friend's, was a moment where Conor was as close to death as he's ever gonna be.

He can have all that money. The world knows that he's a fake now. Over hyped, trash-talking, piece of cra** drunk!

D I hate this guy??? Damn right I do! The better man won and I think I'm gonna go now and watch that fight again and again.

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
quickrick said:
just as i predicted, kabib has faced great stikers before, and won easily, the man has never been rocked. those who were saying conner is on another level were clearly wrong hes the best the ufc has but not on another level

Yeah, he cleaned the floor with Conor, but Conor wasn't  exactly outputing his best there. That was a weak performance from Conor as well.

Please, I don't wanna read these excuses for the man. All the bull that this guy said about Khabib. Going into the fight with these kinds of words? Did you even watch the presss conference? Did you not hear how this disgusting freak insulted his father and claimed his family are all terrorists? This is unforgivable. And you know what I say to your excuse for Conor? Khabib has that effect on all fighters. Everything I have seen of him he makes everyone look like they just stepped into the ring for the first time.

Khabib is the real deal and I think a lot of people finally understand that about him now. 27-0 - this is no joke! 

I mean, did anyone see how he nearly broke johnson's arm in that submission. 

Lastly...Khabib is a true gangster for what he did at the end. I think FINALLY he was awarded with that satisfaction. Good on him for doing it. It's nowhere near the level of Conor's stunts.

Kerotan said:
Kyuu said:

Relax "buddy" that wasn't directed at you personally. You're repeating the same rhetoric some media outlets and salty McGregor fanboys (like Dillon) are spreading; making a big deal out of a few seconds of nothing, and attempting to sell it as "Dillon smashing Khabib and making him back off"

I'm not interested in all of the irrelevant stuff you're saying. Go tell that to an active McGregor hater, which I'm not, I generally like the guy.

I'm just pointing out facts. If fanboys and media outlets point them out also it doesn't make them any less right. Khabib fanboys and mcgregor haters are going on like he took out mcgregors whole team. He had a quick 5 second duel with danis and got fucked up. Whether he beats him on the street or in the cage is irrelevant. He didn't get the better of Denis on this occasion. https://www.facebook.com/734989616564617/posts/2078030985593800/

@rick

I don't think you know how a street fight works. If he hugs somebody's leg like he did to mcgregor to try take them down on the street, the back of his head will get elbowed until he has brain damage. Ufc rules greatly protect wrestlers from strikers. If he hugged mcgregor on the street like he did that first round his ear is getting bit off. 

There is a reason fighters like khabib wrestle the fuck out of people until they gas out. That reason being they know they can't stand and bang from the get go. On the street a man's first with no glove on will do a hell of a lot more damage. As I said, the rules of the ufc greatly favour fighters with styles like cormier, khabib, gsp and Damien maia. 

that pic shows security guards carrying khabib off, doesn't mean anything. 

as for ufc rules favoring wrestlers i disagree, they can't knee a down opponent, they can't hit the back of the head as well, that protects every kind of fighter.regardless of what you think a scenario in real life plays ufc is the closest we will get to see a one on one fight with elite fighters, and i highly disagree with the elbows on back of the head playing that big role from defending a take down attempt as you will need every part of your body to defend and get out of the situation, and power shots will not be delivered.

StreaK said:
Mordred11 said:

Yeah, he cleaned the floor with Conor, but Conor wasn't  exactly outputing his best there. That was a weak performance from Conor as well.

Please, I don't wanna read these excuses for the man. All the bull that this guy said about Khabib. Going into the fight with these kinds of words? Did you even watch the presss conference? Did you not hear how this disgusting freak insulted his father and claimed his family are all terrorists? This is unforgivable. And you know what I say to your excuse for Conor? Khabib has that effect on all fighters. Everything I have seen of him he makes everyone look like they just stepped into the ring for the first time.

Khabib is the real deal and I think a lot of people finally understand that about him now. 27-0 - this is no joke! 

Lastly...Khabib is a true gangster for what he did at the end. I think FINALLY he was awarded with that satisfaction. Good on him for doing it. It's nowhere near the level of Conor's stunts.

What I said wasn't an excuse, Conor's performance was disappointing. That's exactly what I said. I merely gave a justification as to why people ( myself included ) thought Conor would knock Khabib out. He had the tools and he didn't use them.

Also I'm tired of people like you who keep talking over and over about the drama outside the fight. "Did you even watch the press conference?" Miss me with that bullshit.

Mordred11 said:
StreaK said:

What I said wasn't an excuse, Conor's performance was disappointing. That's exactly what I said. I merely gave a justification as to why people ( myself included ) thought Conor would knock Khabib out. He had the tools and he didn't use them.

Also I'm tired of people like you who keep talking over and over about the drama outside the fight. "Did you even watch the press conference?" Miss me with that bullshit.

nate diaz is garbage and connor basically lost 2 fights, to him and nate was destroyed by RDA a person khabib destroyed the writing was on the wall.

Around the Network
StreaK said:
Mordred11 said:

Lol your posts are hilarious. You should chill. Khabib isn't exactly a role model. His after victory antics are some of the worst ever witnessed after a ufc title fight if not the worst. He cornered a ufc fighter with his posse and slapped him earlier this year. He insulted the people of ireland because most of us speak English on a daily basis. He falsely claimed mcgregors grand father killed irish people while in the british army. 

Now just remember 50% of ireland doesn't even like mcgregor. A lot of people who are mcgregor haters in Ireland hate khabib now too where as originally they wanted him to beat mcgregor. They look at khabib now as just another thug like mcgregor. Khabib is no angel and if you watch some documentaries on him back home he's extremely disrespectful to women because of his religion. Not exactly a role model for the world.

I just find it hilarious you'll bend the truth out of your hatred for a more successful human then yourself. While your watching mcgregor get beat again, just remember khabib is actually the 5th guy to submit conor and for 20mins of tiring but not overly damaging work, mcgregor earned 50m. I'm sure he'll be OK. And if he wants he'll earn another few hundred million too.

Like the mcgregor bus attack, khabib last night has damaged the image of the ufc around the world. The media in Ireland is very anti mma and i know many countries are similar. The mma haters are going to have a field day thanks to the two lads fighting last night. 

Kerotan said:
StreaK said:

Lol your posts are hilarious. You should chill. Khabib isn't exactly a role model. His after victory antics are some of the worst ever witnessed after a ufc title fight if not the worst. He cornered a ufc fighter with his posse and slapped him earlier this year. He insulted the people of ireland because most of us speak English on a daily basis. He falsely claimed mcgregors grand father killed irish people while in the british army. 

Now just remember 50% of ireland doesn't even like mcgregor. A lot of people who are mcgregor haters in Ireland hate khabib now too where as originally they wanted him to beat mcgregor. They look at khabib now as just another thug like mcgregor. Khabib is no angel and if you watch some documentaries on him back home he's extremely disrespectful to women because of his religion. Not exactly a role model for the world.

I just find it hilarious you'll bend the truth out of your hatred for a more successful human then yourself. While your watching mcgregor get beat again, just remember khabib is actually the 5th guy to submit conor and for 20mins of tiring but not overly damaging work, mcgregor earned 50m. I'm sure he'll be OK. And if he wants he'll earn another few hundred million too.

Like the mcgregor bus attack, khabib last night has damaged the image of the ufc around the world. The media in Ireland is very anti mma and i know many countries are similar. The mma haters are going to have a field day thanks to the two lads fighting last night. 

nobody is perfect especially in a bloodsport like this, but McGregor takes it too far, by making death threats and insulting a entire country people.

quickrick said:
Mordred11 said:

nate diaz is garbage and connor basically lost 2 fights, to him and nate was destroyed by RDA a person khabib destroyed the writing was on the wall.

Nate at 155 is garbage you mean. Or at 170 against top class 170 fighters he's garbage you mean. If mcgregor could beat him at 170 he would destroy him at 155. Diaz is too big for lightweight and has to kill himself to make weight. He's too skinny, to weak and lacks energy compared to him at 170.

You really are not coming across as a knowledgeable mma fan I'm afraid to say. You just committed the cardinal sin of applying mma math which just doesn't work. By your flawed logic mcgregor should also destroy RDA, because RDA was destroyed by Alvarez who mcgregor demolished. You see where I'm going? Yeah mma math doesn't work buddy. Don't want to call you a casual but you should think these things through before you say them. 

Imo RDA beats mcgregor at WW but at LW he is killing himself and has no energy. He admitted it himself and that's why he moved to 170. 

Last edited by Kerotan - on 08 October 2018

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

nobody is perfect especially in a bloodsport like this, but McGregor takes it too far, by making death threats and insulting a entire country people.

Imo khabib takes it too far by bringing religion into it. I remember he had a back and forth with John kavanagh for making a joke about Allah. Warning John not to joke about Islam. Like fuck me how extremist is he? 

And just for some balance before someone accuses me of being biased mcgregor takes it too far before his fights too. Although he's always been respectful in victory or defeat after. So neither are better then the other and people like yourself should start recognising that and acting like it's any different. 

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

Nate at 155 is garbage you mean. Or at 170 against top class 170 fighters he's garbage you mean. If mcgregor could beat him at 170 he would destroy him at 155. Diaz is too big for lightweight and has to kill himself to make weight. He's too skinny, to weak and lacks energy compared to him at 170.

You really are not coming across as a knowledgeable mma fan I'm afraid to say. You just committed the cardinal sin of applying mma math which just doesn't work. By your flawed logic mcgregor should also destroy RDA, because RDA was destroyed by Alvarez who mcgregor demolished. You see where I'm going? Yeah mma math doesn't work buddy. Don't want to call you a casual but you should think these things through before you say them. 

Imo RDA beats mcgregor at WW but at LW he is killing himself and has no energy. He admitted it himself and that's why he moved to 170. 

its hard gauge how better a fighter is then another when it only lasted 13 seconds, those other  fights went 5 rounds much better to gauge how fighters compare then a 13 second KO.

Last edited by quickrick - on 08 October 2018