By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

Ganoncrotch said:
quickrick said:

OMG man do you have a reading comprehension problem? there are levels to talking trash, talking about your family, disrespecting your religion and country, and making death threats, is a huge difference then  calling out someone to fight, trash talking is ok by me, but conner is on a different level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_McGregor

So trash talk is fine... as long as it doesn't involve family, religion, country or threatening someone? I mean... it's going to be pretty damn tame trash talking you allow by your standards, it's below the level of primary school "your mom" trash talk that 10 year olds do.

Unless you're talking about someone else entirely, this Conner person? I could be having a reading comprehension problem.

bringing moms or family is something children or idiots would do. how many fighters have brought up family in trash talking?  its very rare as it is now. usually its im gonna dominate this guys hes trash or im ko him first round is enough. i have heard you're dead before but the way coner said it was dead serious and not just talking about the fight game, he was clearly making death threats outside the ring.

Last edited by quickrick - on 10 October 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Ganoncrotch said:

So trash talk is fine... as long as it doesn't involve family, religion, country or threatening someone? I mean... it's going to be pretty damn tame trash talking you allow by your standards, it's below the level of primary school "your mom" trash talk that 10 year olds do.

Unless you're talking about someone else entirely, this Conner person? I could be having a reading comprehension problem.

bringing moms or family is something children or idiots would do. how many fighters have brought up family in trash talking?  its very rare as it is now. usually its im gonna dominate this guys hes trash or im ko him first round is enough. i have heard you're dead before but the way coner said it was dead serious and not just talking about the fight game, he was clearly making death threats outside the ring.

Just shows how good mcgregors trash talking is that people like you genuinely believe it and think its true. He's such a masterclass at making it seem real and this is why he made more off this fight then the entire ufc roster in 2018 combined. 

Muhammad Ali said some horrible things and ruined fraziers life. Mike tyson told a fighter he would eat his kids once. Here's a good article on muhammad ali. Please stop this anti mcgregor narrative. I'm starting to feel embarrassed. Have s good read of this. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/in-trilogy-with-muhammad-ali-the-words-hurt-joe-frazier-most/2011/11/08/gIQAgfUc3M_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e6874b737a88

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

Just shows how good mcgregors trash talking is that people like you genuinely believe it and think its true. He's such a masterclass at making it seem real and this is why he made more off this fight then the entire ufc roster in 2018 combined. 

Muhammad Ali said some horrible things and ruined fraziers life. Mike tyson told a fighter he would eat his kids once. Here's a good article on muhammad ali. Please stop this anti mcgregor narrative. I'm starting to feel embarrassed. Have s good read of this. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/in-trilogy-with-muhammad-ali-the-words-hurt-joe-frazier-most/2011/11/08/gIQAgfUc3M_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e6874b737a88

mike tyson was straight up lunatic, so not sure why you mention him hes not really a good person. as for ali from what i read is was calling ugly, gorrila and stuff like that mainly personal insults, and to be honest im still not a fan of it, he ruined Frazier life you think thats a good thing?

Ganoncrotch said:
quickrick said:

OMG man do you have a reading comprehension problem? there are levels to talking trash, talking about your family, disrespecting your religion and country, and making death threats, is a huge difference then  calling out someone to fight, trash talking is ok by me, but conner is on a different level.

Sorry but if you're implying bringing people's family, race and religion into things is fine then then you're as messed up as Conor is, trash talk is one thing but full on trying to go personal is another thing entirely. The are many instances of trash talk that doesn't even touch those areas.

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

mike tyson was straight up lunatic, so not sure why you mention him hes not really a good person. as for ali from what i read is was calling ugly, gorrila and stuff like that mainly personal insults, and to be honest im still not a fan of it, he ruined Frazier life you think thats a good thing?

Its not a good thing. I'm just showing that regarding personal insults in the fight game mcgregor is nothing special. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

Its not a good thing. I'm just showing that regarding personal insults in the fight game mcgregor is nothing special. 

oh come on man, he considered one of the best trash talkers ever, what he did to jose aldo should be criminal, ill ride to your village and kill anyone who isn't fit work, he actually said that, he fucked the man's head up, the insults were brutal.

Last edited by quickrick - on 10 October 2018

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

oh come on man, he considered one of the best trash talkers ever, what he did to jose aldo should be criminal, ill ride to your village and kill anyone who isn't fit work, he actually said that, he fucked the man's head up, the insults were brutal.

No more brutal then other fighters calling mcgregor a leprechaun which is actually racism. The difference is mcgregor is usually smart enough to not take trash talking to heart. What mcgregor said there about Aldo was so ridiculous and outlandish you'd have to be a fool to take it seriously. 

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

No more brutal then other fighters calling mcgregor a leprechaun which is actually racism. The difference is mcgregor is usually smart enough to not take trash talking to heart. What mcgregor said there about Aldo was so ridiculous and outlandish you'd have to be a fool to take it seriously. 

it depends on the person, it seems like a racist comment to me, he called mayweather, and guards all african americans  monkeys, called khabib a backwards cunt for not drinking, i mean not all people are the same, some people are not gonna take these kind of strong insults and just be cool which is perfectly understandable. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxYGk14Ekmw

this video kinda explains it.

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

it depends on the person, it seems like a racist comment to me, he called mayweather, and guards all african americans  monkeys, called khabib a backwards cunt for not drinking, i mean not all people are the same, some people are not gonna take these kind of strong insults and just be cool which is perfectly understandable. 

In Ireland monkey is not a racist term. We'd often call white people gym monkeys. But again your best come back seems to be "oh mcgregor done it too". Well guess what i never said mcgregor was an angel. 

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

In Ireland monkey is not a racist term. We'd often call white people gym monkeys. But again your best come back seems to be "oh mcgregor done it too". Well guess what i never said mcgregor was an angel. 

I'm not a mcgregor hater, i actually find him funny sometimes, but he's a shit talker, and goes too far sometimes. I'm not sure how you can say him and khabib are the same, as khabib really is one of the most respectful guys in the sport.