By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

India is partially Muslim.

And here we go again with your bias. You justify khabibs attack but you don't justify mcgregors. Mcgregor did it because he was standing up for his buddy artem getting cornered and slapped by khabib the day before. Why do you justify it for one and not the other? 

McGregor could have killed an innocent member on the bus, khabib could have landed on a kid or even just anyone's neck and killed them. Neither was better then the other. 

What you gonna say next, khabib could throw mcgregor off a cliff and it be OK? 

Rick just do yourself a favour and stop. 

Iol totally different , your bias really knows no bounds. i'm not justifying what khabib did, it's just what mgregor did was on another level. the results of his actions clearly show that, cancelled fights, people injured, woman in fear for there lives. people get into fights all the time in the heat of the moment especially with all thats been going on, but to fly from another country and starting hurling a object that can easily kill someone at a bus is just plain stupid to me.That's why you have tons of ufc fighters, analysts  and people understand why khabib did what he did and some actually support it, while almost no one defends  the bus incident.

And do yourself a favor and stop, almost no one has agreed with you, you are just a conor defense force show.

Rick this is how you argue with all the Nintendo fans on this site and its why youalways get made fun of.

I'm a khabib and mcgregor fan. Lots of people justified going over to attack khabib and lots just khabibs bad actions. I personally condone both of them as a fan of both. 

I really have to stop hitting the quote button because the longerw i argue with you the more i want to hurl myself off thatfamous cliff. 

ime

Around the Network

You know, nobody here is saying Khabib is some sort of angel. No matter how religious you are, no one is. But the bottomline is, Khabib is still a far greater human being than McGregor is as far as I can tell. His faith keeps his nature in check. Makes him become a better person. I've watched many fights with Khabib and he too acknowledges other fighters and commends them for their work. He is humble in nature and pays respect where it's due. 

Kerotan I think is stretching...stretching long and hard it seems for something that isn't there. Sounds like he's hurt that he's in the minority here and most are on Khabib's side. And why shouldn't they be? It's natural to relate more with Khabib than McGregor. I honestly cannot even begin to comprehend how any one can take Conor's side. It's actually quite shocking to me, but I just don't care anymore...I wasn't a fan of either until I learned about Khabib through THIS fight. 

These too will be my final words, but there is a reason why Khabib is commanding so much respect for what he did that night after the fight. We're seeing this all over the internet. All over youtube! One just has to take a look at all the comments praising Khabib. In fact, I'm not seeing much support for Conor anywhere. Khabib may have made some poor decisions, but Conor deliberately goes out of his way to be an ass. To the point, at least for me, where it's just unforgivable. It's just impossible for me to like this guy now. He's just such a douche and WAY over his head.

This video right here pretty much displays the vast majority of what people are thinking and/or saying and it hits home hard.

https://youtu.be/zxYGk14Ekmw

Whatever Khabib has done PALES in comparison to all the stunts and trash talking Conor was involved with. Conor still has a lot of fans rooting for him so no matter what they'll always stand with him. And like someone here has already mentioned, it really comes down to the fact Khabib is both Muslim AND Russian, two qualities that Americans will vilify him by. 

But here's what I think's gonna happen. While Khabib may never dethrone Conor as the face of UFC - his popularity will most likely remain because people love him more for his persona than that as a fighter - I feel Khabib's star power rising. His Instagram page just grew from like 6 million to 12 million after the McGregor fight and will be growing. He's garnered a HUGE following and I feel it's gonna keep growing day by day. He's the one that will be calling the shots now. Well deserved, too.

Final FINAL word: Khabib is ready to even leave the UFC if his brothers are fired. He also went as far as to say they can all shove his $2 million down their throats that defending their honor was more important than anything. If this guy hasn't earned his respect from this than I don't know what will. I mean, I've said it before but it's REALLY difficult to hate on this guy. He's like the ULTIMATE guy to root for here. He's going against the industry to fight for what he believes in. He's standing up for the sport and good for him. This is the kinda guy I want leading UFC. Nothing or no one will change my mind. I've seen and heard it all.

Last edited by StreaK - on 14 October 2018

StreaK said:

You know, nobody here is saying Khabib is some sort of angel. No matter how religious you are, no one is. But the bottomline is, Khabib is still a far greater human being than McGregor is as far as I can tell. His faith keeps his nature in check. Makes him become a better person. I've watched many fights with Khabib and he too acknowledges other fighters and commends them for their work. He is humble in nature and pays respect where it's due. 

Kerotan I think is stretching...stretching long and hard it seems for something that isn't there. Sounds like he's hurt that he's in the minority here and most are on Khabib's side. And why shouldn't they be? It's natural to relate more with Khabib than McGregor. I honestly cannot even begin to comprehend how any one can take Conor's side. It's actually quite shocking to me, but I just don't care anymore...I wasn't a fan of either until I learned about Khabib through THIS fight. 

These too will be my final words, but there is a reason why Khabib is commanding so much respect for what he did that night after the fight. We're seeing this all over the internet. All over youtube! One just has to take a look at all the comments praising Khabib. In fact, I'm not seeing much support for Conor anywhere. Khabib may have made some poor decisions, but Conor deliberately goes out of his way to be an ass. To the point, at least for me, where it's just unforgivable. It's just impossible for me to like this guy now. He's just such a douche and WAY over his head.

This video right here pretty much displays the vast majority of what people are thinking and/or saying and it hits home hard.

Whatever Khabib has done PALES in comparison to all the stunts and trash talking Conor was involved with. Conor still has a lot of fans rooting for him so no matter what they'll always stand with him. And like someone here has already mentioned, it really comes down to the fact Khabib is both Muslim AND Russian, two qualities that Americans will vilify him by. 

But here's what I think's gonna happen. While Khabib may never dethrone Conor as the face of UFC - his popularity will most likely remain because people love him more for his persona than that as a fighter - I feel Khabib's star power rising. His Instagram page just grew from like 6 million to 12 million after the McGregor fight and will be growing. He's garnered a HUGE following and I feel it's gonna keep growing day by day. He's the one that will be calling the shots now. Well deserved, too.

Final FINAL word: Khabib is ready to even leave the UFC if his brothers are fired. He also went as far as to say they can all shove his $2 million down their throats that defending their honor was more important than anything. If this guy hasn't earned his respect from this than I don't know what will. I mean, I've said it before but it's REALLY difficult to hate on this guy. He's like the ULTIMATE guy to root for here. He's going against the industry to fight for what he believes in. He's standing up for the sport and good for him. This is the kinda guy I want leading UFC. Nothing or no one will change my mind. I've seen and heard it all.

Khabib talking about fighting mayweather lol. I hope khabib goes  back to UFC, but they have done him dirty like when they lied to him about a title shot, and instead gave it to conor, let the referee basically cheat to help conor, and now banning his teammate only because he hit the golden rooster.  

quickrick said:
StreaK said:

Khabib talking about fighting mayweather lol. I hope khabib goes  back to UFC, but they have done him dirty like when they lied to him about a title shot, and instead gave it to conor, let the referee basically cheat to help conor, and now banning his teammate only because he hit the golden rooster.  

Again biased unfounded logic. Anybody no matter who would get banned and heavily disciplined if they did what his team mates did. Artem lobov got pulled from his fight for accompanying mcgregor during the bus attack even though he didn't do anything and look visibly shocked when mcgregor threw the dolly. 

So why didn't the team mate of the golden boy get let off for a lot less? Can't wait for this justification xD

BTW mcgregor has a hell of a lot more respect for people like the homeless, women's rights and people with opinions on religion. I don't ever see mcgregor threaten anyone who disses Christianity. 

quickrick said:
StreaK said:

Lol dude, say no more...the more I hear or read about it the more pissed I get. But seriously? For real? MAYWEATHER??? Noooo way.

I also heard that 50 cent offered to pay him $2 million for fighting in Bellator lol. 

Around the Network
StreaK said:
quickrick said:

Lol dude, say no more...the more I hear or read about it the more pissed I get. But seriously? For real? MAYWEATHER??? Noooo way.

I also heard that 50 cent offered to pay him $2 million for fighting in Bellator lol. 

Zero chance belator get him. Ufc have him locked in on a contract. 

khabib vs woodley is the only fight i want to see next

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

Again biased unfounded logic. Anybody no matter who would get banned and heavily disciplined if they did what his team mates did. Artem lobov got pulled from his fight for accompanying mcgregor during the bus attack even though he didn't do anything and look visibly shocked when mcgregor threw the dolly. 

So why didn't the team mate of the golden boy get let off for a lot less? Can't wait for this justification xD

BTW mcgregor has a hell of a lot more respect for people like the homeless, women's rights and people with opinions on religion. I don't ever see mcgregor threaten anyone who disses Christianity. 

i really have no problem with McGregor hes seems like a cool guy, but hes a  extreme shit talker imo.

as  for biased logic. if macgregor didnt throw a  sucker punch first it would be cool, the jumping in deserves the ban but those fighters were doing whats natural it was melee because of khabib but conor is the one that brought it to the ring. i don't expect anyone from both sides to watch there teammate get punched in the face and just stand there. lets be real here anyone else in ufc would have been banned if they got 3 fights canceled and people injured with the bus incident. only McGregor could get away with it.

Last edited by quickrick - on 15 October 2018

quickrick said:
Kerotan said:

i really have no problem with McGregor hes seems like a cool guy, but hes a  extreme shit talker imo.

as  for biased logic. if macgregor didnt throw a  sucker punch first it would be cool, the jumping in deserves the ban but those fighters were doing whats natural it was melee because of khabib but conor is the one that brought it to the ring. i don't expect anyone from both sides to watch there teammate get punched in the face and just stand there. lets be real here anyone else in ufc would have been banned if they got 3 fights canceled and people injured with the bus incident. only McGregor could get away with it.

Againmore fake news from you. Only mcgregor could get away with it? Do you even watch ufc? Cormier and Jon Jones had a fist fight at a face off and they dished out no serious punishment and the fight wasn't cancelled.

Speaking of jon Jones he's a terrible repeat offender when it comes to drug cheatinga and he received ridiculously light punishment and his return is for the belt. So only mcgregor gets preferential treatment? I can already tell you're not a hard core ufc fan like me. Brock lesner another example and there are many more. f

On the night khabibstarted the post fight melee and mcgregor hit his team mate trying to get involved. Khabib is responsible for what happened that night not mcgregor. Btw please no more fake news. d

Kerotan said:
quickrick said:

Againmore fake news from you. Only mcgregor could get away with it? Do you even watch ufc? Cormier and Jon Jones had a fist fight at a face off and they dished out no serious punishment and the fight wasn't cancelled.

Speaking of jon Jones he's a terrible repeat offender when it comes to drug cheatinga and he received ridiculously light punishment and his return is for the belt. So only mcgregor gets preferential treatment? I can already tell you're not a hard core ufc fan like me. Brock lesner another example and there are many more. f

On the night khabibstarted the post fight melee and mcgregor hit his team mate trying to get involved. Khabib is responsible for what happened that night not mcgregor. Btw please no more fake news. d

I don't why i even bother. there is a huge fucking  difference between fights between 2 guys or even teams to what conor did, he got 3 fights cancelled, and injured several people those guys you mention didn't, what defense you are gonna use, in those incidents nobody really got hurt and no fights were cancelled, what conor did was on a different level of stupid, that dolly could have easily killed somone and it would have been directly his fault. 

khabib is responsible fo what happened, but his team aren't responsible for jumping and hitting conor, they were just defending there team like conor was that was my point.

Last edited by quickrick - on 15 October 2018