By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Best movie trilogy?

Best movie trilogy?

Star Wars original trilogy 18 16.22%

Evil Dead 1 0.90%

Lord of the Rings 48 43.24%

Back to the Future 15 13.51%

The Godfather 4 3.60%

The Matrix 4 3.60%

Spider-Man 2 1.80%

The Dark Knight 12 10.81%

Men in Black 0 0%

Other (please specify) 7 6.31%

Total:111

Back to the Future, then a whole lot of nothing, then Tremors to spite you guys for good measure, then a whole lot of nothing, and then whatever you guys think of as good.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
No offense but why even waste part of the poll on the Star Wars prequels? Sure they have their fans but you could have put other things there.

They were better than the original trilogy at least.

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 20 September 2018

mZuzek said:
No offense but why even waste part of the poll on the Star Wars prequels? Sure they have their fans but you could have put other things there.

Star Wars prequels are way overhated, but... yeah.

Changed it to Evil Dead.

Anyways to answer the question : I can't answer the question!

I've seen some of these but only a couple of movies or too. The only ones that are semi-fresh in my mind are Star Wars, The Godfather, and The Dark Knight trilogies (and those are all from years back, some probably 5 years back).

However I'm kind of thankful this topic was made, because I've been going through movies and I might now use this to check out some classic trilogies

Lord of the Rings for me, easily. Most trilogies have at least one movie that is a lot weaker than the best. The "worst" of LotR is still amazing. And it's holding up really well due to its focus on practical effects and smart angle and perspective tricks in shooting.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Agreed. The prequels had major political themes whereas the original trilogy was about making movies for kids with the ewoks, talking robots and all that.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is the finest and greatest achievement in cinema history.

RolStoppable said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Agreed. The prequels had major political themes whereas the original trilogy was about making movies for kids with the ewoks, talking robots and all that.

And don't forget the ugly 70s haircuts too!

That's an easy one, definitely LotR!

I don't know how they made those films that brilliant, maybe they sold their souls to sauron himself or the stars collided in a weird way but it's an actual miracle that those films turned out so great.

I can't decide on what is my absolute favourite, but LOTR, Star Wars original trilogy. the Dollars trilogy and Back to the Future are very on that list. There are some that I haven't seen entirely, like the Godfather films so I can't say anything about them.