By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best movie trilogy?

Best movie trilogy?

Star Wars original trilogy 18 16.22%

Evil Dead 1 0.90%

Lord of the Rings 48 43.24%

Back to the Future 15 13.51%

The Godfather 4 3.60%

The Matrix 4 3.60%

Spider-Man 2 1.80%

The Dark Knight 12 10.81%

Men in Black 0 0%

Other (please specify) 7 6.31%

Total:111

The Godfather Trilogy by far. Even with the lesser Part III. I love Star Wars and Indiana Jones... but the Godfather was on a whole different level.

Evil Dead Trilogy was a lot of fun too.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Unpopular opinion: Indie 3 best Indiana movie

I would say the Spider-Man trilogy but it has its flaws klike the constant screaming women, the fact that those movies became the cliché of what a super-hero movie looks like (the hero gains his or her abilities, have a love interest, a vilain appears or gains its abilities too, and they fight, most of the time in front of the love interest), or the really bad depiction of Venom by Sam Raimi who didn't like tye character (and who always been a favourite of mine).

Same for the Matrix trilogy too. And also Matrix Reloaded reminds me the death of Michael Jackson, since I was watching the movie just two hours before his death was announced, and was interrupted by the megavideo limit of 52 minutes. This has nothing to do with the quality of the trilogy, but I can't enjoy watching it.

Since Star Wars is an hexalogy, I can't put it here.

Never watched The Lord Of The Ring, I was more a Harry Potter fan, so can't put it neither. Nor Indiana Jones.

So I'll just go with the Iron man trilogy. Always fun to watch rich people fighting each other for make more profits

Acevil said:
Cornetto Trilogy hands down.

I agree! The first one is always hard to top, but at least the following movies do change up the subject sufficiently enough.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Wait u include starwars, but not films like indiana jones, why is that?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
TallSilhouette said:

The theatrical cuts are better paced and edited, but the extended cut contains plenty more great footage that helps round out the story. I think the theatrical cuts make for better first time viewing, then any fans should definitely check out the extended cut after.

MrWayne said:

Good question, I think the first and especially the second film benefits a lot from the extended cut but don't watch them when you're already sleepy

MrWayne said:

Yeah that's maybe the best way to consume them the first time.

Alright, thanks for your help guys !!! Look forward to watching them soon!

I’d actually say you miss too much by watching just the theatrical cuts. And that Return of the King actually benefits the most from the extended editions instead of the other two. In it, there’s a couple plot-points that get wrapped up less rushed and more satisfactory. Can’t really go wrong, but I’d pick the extended editions.

thismeintiel said:
LOTR is really great, but some of the changes made from the source material just had me scratching my head and saying, "What was the point in that change?"

I’m just glad they skipped the whole Tom Bombadil part from the books.

I haven't seen every notable trilogy listed, but I'm leaning towards Star Wars.

Maybe Back to the Future, but I have to rewatch it. Its been a long time.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

HoloDust said:

Dollars trilogy (A Fistful of Dollars; For a Few Dollars More; The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)

Good call, but you can get an even greater Sergio Leone trilogy if you take Once Upon A Time In The West, Once Upon A Revolution (known as A Fistful Of Dynamite) and Once Upon A Time In America.

I'm really surprised at how unpopular The Godfather seems to have become ... although someone mentioned it as their choice I was the first vote for it. Either people here are just too young to rate it or they really hate Part 3.

Die Hard should count because it existed (and was marketed) as a trilogy for a long time before 4.0 was made. It shouldn't win though: the second film is weak and the third only average.

LOTR. One of the few franchises that could coax me into going to see them on the big screen, and it was totally worth it, even with the little kid beside me who kept asking what was going on every 5 minutes during the second one. Not, short, movies. His father and I had a 'friendly' chat afterwards and I immediately understood why the kid was like that.