By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best movie trilogy?

Best movie trilogy?

Star Wars original trilogy 18 16.22%

Evil Dead 1 0.90%

Lord of the Rings 48 43.24%

Back to the Future 15 13.51%

The Godfather 4 3.60%

The Matrix 4 3.60%

Spider-Man 2 1.80%

The Dark Knight 12 10.81%

Men in Black 0 0%

Other (please specify) 7 6.31%

Total:111

Toy story and its really not even close. How is that omitted?

Around the Network

I don't know but for sure John Wick is going to be mine when that third film comes out.

contestgamer said:
Toy story and its really not even close. How is that omitted?

Just going by my childhood self, I always thought 2 was the only one that was REALLY interesting. The plot amazing, the themes great, the new characters fantastic. The first one was mostly a great novelty and the third ... well ...

KManX89 said:
drbunnig said:
Infernal Affairs. Would've been a lock for Die Hard had the last two not ruined things.

Die Hard's not even a trilogy, it has 5 films in its filmography.

...Yeah... that's what I'm saying. If it had stayed at three it'd have been the best.

mZuzek said:
HandofPrometheus said:
I don't know but for sure John Wick is going to be mine when that third film comes out.

I envy you.

He will get his job back, don't worry. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I did vote for LOTR in the poll, but now I'm remembering what a whiny shitbag frodo was. If they released an edited version with all of his scenes removed then it would be the best without question, but as is it's a seriously flawed film trilogy.

I'll go for the Matrix instead then. The films did get progressively worse, but none of them were downright bad at least, and the first was fantastic.

I personally like to pretend the Matrix sequels never existed since they sucked so bad.

Signature goes here!

Definitely LotR, but the new Planet of the Apes trilogy deserves a nomination as well; shocking how consistently good those turned out to be.

mZuzek said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

He will get his job back, don't worry. 

No, he won't. I'm just hoping if and when Vol. 3 comes out, it at least uses his script, because that's the only way it'd be respectable, but I'm not counting on that either.

...I'm genuinely sorry for you  

thats a tough call since i love Back to the Future, but at the same time i have a ton of nostalgia for Spiderman

No question for me, The Lord of the Rings, but there are some other great trilogies out there.