By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Changing lead platforms for the first time since 1998.

OP I have read your previous posts on both consoles and portables. You seem to dislike dedicated devices where their functionality is constrained by software. You can correct me if I am wrong but it seems you prefer mobile-like portables (which have hardware similar to smartphones and tablets) like Vita and Switch to be able to do gaming in addition to the functions of a smart device (lots of entertainment apps, productivity apps, and of course communications features) and you seem to prefer to stationary consoles to become like more multifunctional PCs.

Assuming what I have stated in true, I am curious as to why you do not go into PC gaming for your stationary gaming needs. PCs have support for gamepads and mouse and keyboards, most multiplats are available on PC, you have access to Microsoft's first-party titles, and even some of the console-exclusive PS4 games are on PC. The only downside to a PC is that the interface is not quite as refined, but that can be remedied for the most part with Steam big-picture. On top of that you also get access to the productivity and non-gaming entertainment apps that you like. While the Xbox is more PC-like with regards to its software (and I will say that its interface it more refined for the big screen, but that is about the only downside for the PC versus the Xbox), I still think your particular needs would be better served with an actual gaming PC.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
OTBWY said:
Good, my dude. Glad to see you have chosen to follow what you like instead of brand loyalty over years of being in that same ecosystem. Do not be ashamed or peer pressured for liking Xbox. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Some people can't except that. It shouldn't be your problem, it should be their problem.

Just as he's entitled to no longer accept playstation as his main platform users here are also entitled to not accept his decision. Otherwise what's the point of the thread, to be one massive echo chamber? Some people obviously can't accept that. 

Except it already has become one massive echo chamber. The OP stated their decision to switch platforms and now all the PS users are coming out with reasons to put down the OP for simply switching platforms. The only ones who are accepting OP's opinion are those who do not have PS4 as their only or main platform of choice.

Quite literally a prime echo chamber.

It really isn't OP's problem though at the end of the day, it's everyone else's for simply being tilted at his choice. They can argue their opinion, but at the end of the day their opinion will never trump or dismantle the OP's because it is their decision and theirs alone to make. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Kerotan said:
OTBWY said:
Good, my dude. Glad to see you have chosen to follow what you like instead of brand loyalty over years of being in that same ecosystem. Do not be ashamed or peer pressured for liking Xbox. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Some people can't except that. It shouldn't be your problem, it should be their problem.

Just as he's entitled to no longer accept playstation as his main platform users here are also entitled to not accept his decision. Otherwise what's the point of the thread, to be one massive echo chamber? Some people obviously can't accept that. 

Excuse me what?

That is the saddest thing ever. Why would you not accept his decision when it is his decision to make? It ain't some cult dude.

OTBWY said:
Kerotan said:

Excuse me what?

That is the saddest thing ever. Why would you not accept his decision when it is his decision to make? It ain't some cult dude.

I'm entitled to disagree with his decision. So if trump does something and people disagree are they part of a cult? Ridiculous. 

@chazore OK so all the big bad ps users on here are putting him down.

"The only ones who are accepting OP's opinion are those who do not have PS4 as their only or main platform of choice."

Is that any different to this? 

"The OP stated their decision to switch platforms and now all the PS users are coming out with reasons to put down"

Two sides of the same coin imo but for some reason you think one side is OK but not the other. 

Kerotan said:
OTBWY said:

Excuse me what?

I'm entitled to disagree with his decision. So if trump does something and people disagree are they part of a cult? Ridiculous. 

This is some prime spinning, Kero. Very subtle too.

There is a clear difference between disagreeing and not accepting. You accept it either way cause it already has happened, my dude. Disagreement is just talking about the reasons why. Dear lord.

Around the Network

Go where your heart takes you.

I totally understand this decision. I went from Xbox360 to eventually PS3 as where I buy multiplatforms, and similar reasons why I chose PS4 over Xbox One at the time as well.

I would most likely do the similar decision as you if I had Xbox One X, as in I would buy multi platform on that device. Add in the fact Microsoft has done good job lately with things I like BC, game pass and policies that don't restrict your accounts to one device. Honestly if they could fix their first party line up to the same levels as Sony/Nintendo. They would be the best out of the three of actual value.

I generally lean towards Sony/Nintendo but I don't dismiss alternatives and honestly having blind brand loyalty like some people is just asinine. It doesn't matter what, phones, consoles. You need to value what you value and make decisions on that metric. 

Last edited by Acevil - on 16 September 2018

KBG29 said:

For the first time in 20 years, I am changing my main platform. Microsoft has won me over after 17 years of hard work. They have become open, started listening to consumers, and partners. They are building a Platform, that can continually grow, and reach across the entire spectrum of electronics. They have a vision, and they have been open to the public with where they want to go. This is the company that I want to support. So starting this month my $450 a month entertainment budget is moving to Microsoft.

So, have you already bought a Windows 10 phone and a Surface tablet to get the most out of the Microsoft services and their connectivity?

Kerotan said:

@chazore OK so all the big bad ps users on here are putting him down.

"The only ones who are accepting OP's opinion are those who do not have PS4 as their only or main platform of choice."

Is that any different to this? 

"The OP stated their decision to switch platforms and now all the PS users are coming out with reasons to put down"

Two sides of the same coin imo but for some reason you think one side is OK but not the other. 

Yeah totally, you want to paint on that canvas, go right ahead, but you're the one with the brush and the paint.

yes actually. One person is pointing out a fact, that yes, there are PS users within this very thread taking jabs at the platform as well as OP's decision. No amount of heavy low gravity spin is going to change that.

Not even the same coin mate. You've played that game before so I wouldn't even try justifying it. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Kerotan said:
OTBWY said:

Worst part about this comment is if it were anyone else you could almost believe them if they just meant to say they're entitled to disagree, but I think we all know you literally do not accept his decision. It's his decision to make, there's literally nothing else for you to accept LOL.

Anyways, good on you OP. I made the same leap after PS1/PS2. I still buy Playstation consoles, but they are far from my main platform. Your issues are related to the OS and laziness, mine were about online play and the controller.