By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Changing lead platforms for the first time since 1998.

OTBWY said:
Kerotan said:

I'm entitled to disagree with his decision. So if trump does something and people disagree are they part of a cult? Ridiculous. 

This is some prime spinning, Kero. Very subtle too.

There is a clear difference between disagreeing and not accepting. You accept it either way cause it already has happened, my dude. Disagreement is just talking about the reasons why. Dear lord.

When i said accept I meant disagree. In Ireland if you're debating with somebody and you say "i can't accept that" you disagree with him. 

Of ciyrse6i can accept if he decides to make xbox his main platform. He's entitled to. But I'm entitled to disagree with his reasons for doing so. That's what I meant but I see where the confusion is. 

@chazore 

Not everyone is putting him down. Many disagree with him. Don't be so dramatic. I'm sure he has a thick enough skin to handle it. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

You're definitely right about PS4 OS, they have left it by the wayside. The latest numbered update, 6.0, only had stability improvements, no new features at all. The latest OS update I got on my XB1 added the new avatar system. And we can't forget all of the features that XB1's OS has already that PS4 lacks, achievement tracker, playtime tracker, etc. 

I also agree that Gamepass is a ridiculously good value compared to Sony's comparable streaming service, not only does it cost less, it offers local games instead of laggy cloud games, and it has all 1st party games day 1.

It definitely feels like Sony is getting lazy and overconfident again, just like they did when they let PS2's success go to their head. I worry that they are going to pull a PS3 again when they announce PS5, no crossplay, no backwards compatibility, poor price/performance ratio, a cocky attitude...

If they pulled a PS3 they'd be more likely to have full backwards compatibility with ps1/2/3/4, support for every new connective standard, and probably throw in support for memory card transfers or something thoughtful like that, and expect that everyone will see the value in it because it's the successor to the PS4 .

Kerotan said: 

@chazore 

Not everyone is putting him down. Many disagree with him. Don't be so dramatic. I'm sure he has a thick enough skin to handle it. 

Not everyone is, just the ones who have PS4 as their main platform, as made evident within this thread. Those not so defensive about one person choosing another system have so far been congratulating him or saying that he can go where he wants. 

It's not even being dramatic, it's pointing out that there are folk in here being so overly defensive about one person's choice on moving platform. He has the skin to handle it, but some do not in here, hence the jabs at OP's decision. You can disagree with him all you want, but you can also do that without typing, without talking, without having to take a jab at the console he chose to play on.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Whatever floats your boat my dude. Personally, I bought a decent PC to compliment my PS4 Pro, and there’s literally zero reason for me to buy another XB1. I’m not sure about your experience with PSN. I’ve never experienced any down time, and PS+ has been been excellent for the most part in the last few years. To each their own though; Sony has only reinforced my desire to stay with PlayStation.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Kerotan said:
Chazore said:

If you hadn't already picked up on it by now, he's very much against wanting to use a PC for nearly anything. He wants consoles to fully replace PC's and handle all their tasks and what not. He's used consoles to pay his bills and what not, while opting as much as possible to use them for daily computing tasks.

Literally the only guy in all the world that forces himself to use a console for what PC's have been doing for decades for daily tasks.

Nothing on this earth will convince him to actually use a PC the way average joe's do.

Did he also push for Sony to make a sequel to the vita? Could be mixing him up with some body else. 

Not just a vita, but a vita with so much smartphone functionality, it's not even funny, complete with running the same OS as the PS4, and running similar architecture to the PS4. He thinks millions of people would pay over $500 for that.

Also, KBG, don't let the door hit you on the way out. You won't be missed. Meanwhile, Sony will continue working on things their userbase actually cares about rather than things like web browser, which while is important to you, I bet less than 1% of PS4 users even knows it has one, or would care if it was removed.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 16 September 2018

Around the Network

4K HDR videos in store + Gamepass...... that sounds like most of what OP mentions.

Well enjoy, I guess.

Just seems like an attention grab lol. Which is weird because this is just a video game forum.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Chazore 

Just looking at your sig i already know your preferences.

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 16 September 2018

Lesianimanalo said:
Chazore 

Just looking at your sig i already know your preferences.

And you already know about the mod warning above. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Regarding the OP's decision:

Not sure why your PSN experience has been so poor. It's been fine for me. I get the idea though. I was pretty high on the PS3's superior multimedia functionality last gen when I switched over from the 360 ( still use it almost daily in fact ). It wasn't really why I did it, but was looking forward to BR playback. Although my reasons were quite different, and the transfer to the new platform absolute, I can appreciate the idea of migrating over to a platform that suits your tastes better. TBH, I knew jack shit about the current state of the XBO OS, and it sounds like it has some good stuff going for it. Still....

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."