By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Changing lead platforms for the first time since 1998.

KBG29 said:
S.Peelman said:

This is also why Switch literally doesn't have any of those features and judging by sales nobody in the real world gives a s**t.

If Switch can manage to reach 3DS numbers I will agree. I doubt it though. Just like Handhelds died due to Sony and Nintendos inability to offer the most basic features, I see PlayStation falling off a cliff as well. Nintendo already killed off their Home/Handheld business, and have went to a Hybrid catch all platform, to get whats left of their userbase on a single platform.

Microsoft is the only current console company looking at the long term health of consoles. Sony and Nintendo will be replaced by Apple and Google in due time, if they don't expand their platforms. 

Microsoft looking at the long term health of consoles lolz. Also Switch will easily reach 3DS numbers, unless they cut support for it in a year.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

This is funny,well bye bye.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

KBG29 said:
S.Peelman said:

This is also why Switch literally doesn't have any of those features and judging by sales nobody in the real world gives a s**t.

If Switch can manage to reach 3DS numbers I will agree. I doubt it though. Just like Handhelds died due to Sony and Nintendos inability to offer the most basic features, I see PlayStation falling off a cliff as well. Nintendo already killed off their Home/Handheld business, and have went to a Hybrid catch all platform, to get whats left of their userbase on a single platform.

Microsoft is the only current console company looking at the long term health of consoles. Sony and Nintendo will be replaced by Apple and Google in due time, if they don't expand their platforms. 

Microsoft the only company? That's why they tried to make an online only console with no second hand market. That's why they require xbox live for F2P titles. And that's why they've got by far the worst first party line up between Nintendo and Sony.

Good, my dude. Glad to see you have chosen to follow what you like instead of brand loyalty over years of being in that same ecosystem. Do not be ashamed or peer pressured for liking Xbox. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Some people can't except that. It shouldn't be your problem, it should be their problem.

S.Peelman said:
Isn’t about the games though?

Who needs games when you can download and open a .rar file?

I'll be honest, reading OP it sounds like 1 big thing happened rather than a bunch of these little (arguably pointless) things, possibly did you get some bad customer support in relation to an automatic renewal of a service? Did you limited edition spiderman console arrive with actual spiders on it instead of the official system? It just sounds like now would be one of the worst times to leave the playstation service at a time when the system is looking closer to winding down and talk of a replacement is on the way already where on the ps side you've got the relatively recent releases of some giant titles like Spidey and Dad of War, upcoming TLOU2, I mean... what is the counter to those titles on the X1? are you hoping to find it inside a .rar file?

If the system had a functionality of fully dual booting between X1 and Windows10 OS that would be a very tempting thing to get me to consider buying one, but that said, behind my couch already has a ps4/switch and gaming PC hooked to my projector so even if the X1 would open up to being a fully functional PC it still wouldn't fill a gap in my systems which doesn't already have a more powerful system in there doing it.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
KBG29 said:

PlayStation has finally drove me away. 

For the last 1 1/2 they have completely abandoned PS4. They have stopped supporting any of their services (outside of PlayStation Vue), PSN is down more and more every month, and the OS is getting worse and worse. What the hell are we paying for with PS+?

That is new to me and the other 99% Playstation 4 owners. Tbh your op reads like you were sponsored by Microsoft. But feel free to join the platform you feel the most comfortable with and therefore have fun with your future experiences with Xbox.

OTBWY said:
Good, my dude. Glad to see you have chosen to follow what you like instead of brand loyalty over years of being in that same ecosystem. Do not be ashamed or peer pressured for liking Xbox. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Some people can't except that. It shouldn't be your problem, it should be their problem.

Just as he's entitled to no longer accept playstation as his main platform users here are also entitled to not accept his decision. Otherwise what's the point of the thread, to be one massive echo chamber? Some people obviously can't accept that. 

Dr.Vita said:
KBG29 said:

PlayStation has finally drove me away. 

For the last 1 1/2 they have completely abandoned PS4. They have stopped supporting any of their services (outside of PlayStation Vue), PSN is down more and more every month, and the OS is getting worse and worse. What the hell are we paying for with PS+?

That is new to me and the other 99% Playstation 4 owners. Tbh your op reads like you were sponsored by Microsoft.

Maybe he's going through Internet issues and it keeps cutting out while he plays? It can be very easy to blame it on Sony when in fact it could be your own Internet. Psn has been impeccable for me lately and literally every time i disconnect its because my own Internet has reset or momentarily switched off. 

setsunatenshi said:
i don't get what's the point of this topic? are we supposed to mourn the loss of you on multiplat games?

changing lead platforms implies that some developer swapped the platform they code for, not that some rando user will play multiplats somewhere else, that is a non topic

I think he hopes to either convince others to follow him and join the X1 now that it's entering the peak of the systems popularity (wrestling to stay ahead of weekly 3ds sales) or perhaps the thread was written to see if he could convince himself that what he is doing is correct, but yeah it's so a non issue especially when it comes to the OP is still going to buy and play all Switch and PS4 exclusives while relying on the x1(x presumably) for multiplatformers, still means that a good amount of his time will be spent playing on the other two systems.

The OP to me does read like he had some issue with the ps4 and customer support told him to sod off so he made this topic, it really doesn't read like a topic created because the ps4 can't open rar files or download jpgs, I could be wrong of course.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Kerotan said:
Dr.Vita said:

That is new to me and the other 99% Playstation 4 owners. Tbh your op reads like you were sponsored by Microsoft.

Maybe he's going through Internet issues and it keeps cutting out while he plays? It can be very easy to blame it on Sony when in fact it could be your own Internet. Psn has been impeccable for me lately and literally every time i disconnect its because my own Internet has reset or momentarily switched off. 

Either that or his Playstation 4 is broken.