Yes, almost every day 20 30.30%

Yes, quite often 21 31.82%

Barely 13 19.70%

No, don't want to 10 15.15%

No, can't afford it 2 3.03%

Total:66

Yes, from monday to friday.

Around the Network

Running a Half marathon under 90 minutes requires consistent training, maintaining the required pace for 13.1 miles @ 6m50s per mile pace required to run 90 minutes My best HM time is 85 minutes and that required holding 6m 30 secs mile pace for 13.1 miles. i have ran 10 Half Marathons, 4 times I have ran under 90 minutes including an 85 minute HM. I have ran 9 marathons, 6 marathons 3hours 20 mins or under with a best Marathon time of 3 hours and 4 minutes and I have also ran 3 hours and 5 minutes and 3 hours and 9 minutes. So close to breaking 3 hours but fading badly over the last 10 miles added 10 to 20+ minutes to my finish times.

If you are plodding 9 or 10 minute mile pace for a Half marathon to run around 2 hours, not much training is involved to achieve that goal. You can not expect to take 6 months off and run under 90 minutes in a HM unless you are a talented runner. Discipline, training and conditioning are required to maximise performance in distance running. You must stick to a strict diet, make sacrifices, minimise alcohol and keep weight down to maximise running performance.

Last edited by Dark_Lord_2008 - on 06 April 2019

SvennoJ said:
Jumpin said:

What? No it doesn't. I ran over 15 kilometres last weekend after not really running at all in about 6 months.

When you're in your twenties, sure. I had no trouble going for the occasional long run back then without any training.
Now I'm on the way to 50 I better build it up slowly. If I go at it my knee will tell me to f off after half an hour and I'm limping the next day.
Enjoy youth while it lasts!

I'm 39.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
SvennoJ said:

When you're in your twenties, sure. I had no trouble going for the occasional long run back then without any training.
Now I'm on the way to 50 I better build it up slowly. If I go at it my knee will tell me to f off after half an hour and I'm limping the next day.

I'm 39.

Good luck. I reached my peak fitness level at 42, then was in denial for a few years, now taking it more easy after a few long lasting injuries.

I got back on the bike yesterday. Took it easy for the first ride, 41km route with hills. The last hill hurt and the ride took almost 2 hours while at the end of summer I can do that route in 1h35. It will take a bit of time until I can fly up the hills again instead of going all the way down to 2 and 3rd.

Hell no, I'm as lazy as one can be, why would I ever want to work out? I used to though but that was long ago.

Exception made of walking. Whenever I go out I walk cause I don't want to waste money in public transportation, but then again I almost never go out, why would I ever want to go out? There's people outside, humans. Why would I want to see those?

Around the Network

Yep, I absolutely LOVE fitness and everything to do with being fit. This past summer I racked up around 5,000km on my bike and went on a few 100+km rides.

I also go to the gym at LEAST 3 days a week but the past few weeks have been 5. Weekends are always my rest periods.
Mon - Arm day
Tues - Shoulders
Wed - Chest
Thurs - Back
Fri - Legs

Core/Abs mixed with all the rest. A bit everyday.

Have been working out at the gym for the past 7 years now or so.

Jumpin said:
SvennoJ said:

I'm 39.

Dude, there is just NO excuse, sorry Svenno....

Yeah, I'm also gonna be 38 and in better shape than I was at 25. Age truly is, just a number.

There are 72 year olds that physically can out perform me.

StreaK said:
Jumpin said:

I'm 39.

Dude, there is just NO excuse, sorry Svenno....

Yeah, I'm also gonna be 38 and in better shape than I was at 25. Age truly is, just a number.

There are 72 year olds that physically can out perform me.

Sure.  People can be fit at any age. But, it is definitely true that the human body changes as it ages.  Improvements become harder to make, negatives happen on their own.   Denying that fact is a recipe for disaster.  Injuries happen to all athletes (all humans, really), but they are more frequent (under the same conditions) and recovery is slower when we're older.  That *must* be taken into consideration if one wants to keep their body working reasonably well for 80+ years. 

Here's a pic of me from 2013
https://twitter.com/d21lewis/status/483037401812455424?s=09

I look pretty much the same except less hair. Maybe, just maybe there's a link to my personal Facebook in my bio, though. I'm currently 43...for a few more months, at least.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

Yes. Full body workouts every other day.