By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UPDATED: Xbox to offer All Access

There's been leaks of Microsoft offering a All Access program for there Xbox online.

All Access is rumoured to merge both Live and GamePass together and will include S or X consoles for a discounted fee over a yearly subscription model, similar to a mobile phone plan. This will cut the upfront cost of a console and grant access to 100s of games on day one.

This is just a rumour so far and the details can change. 

UPDATED:

https://bgr.com/2018/08/23/xbox-all-access-price-console-xbox-live-game-pass/

*Xbox All Access subscription plan that will give gamers an easy way to experience all that the Xbox One has to offer without spending a fortune up front

*Microsoft will bundle either an Xbox One X or Xbox One S console with Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass for a monthly fee.

*Xbox All Access will initially only be available in the United States

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-all-access

*Customers will be able to pay around $22 per month and net themselves an Xbox One S, Xbox Live, and Xbox Game Pass for two years. Around $35 will net them an Xbox One X.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 24 August 2018

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Interesting. Game pass is around $10 a month. xblive around $60 a year.
So both is around $180 for both.

If gamepass automatically included Xbox live that would be an interesting bundling.

Who pays live 60 bucks? I have never paid more than 40 in more than a decade... You can probably find deals for game pass too...

I could see the bundle around120 on discount which is decent. maybe 150$  full price(14.99/month)which pretty cool

endimion said:
Bandorr said:
Interesting. Game pass is around $10 a month. xblive around $60 a year.
So both is around $180 for both.

If gamepass automatically included Xbox live that would be an interesting bundling.

Who pays live 60 bucks? I have never paid more than 40 in more than a decade... You can probably find deals for game pass too...

I could see the bundle around120 on discount which is decent. maybe 150$  full price(14.99/month)which pretty cool

The last couple of years, I've not been able to find live deals for less than about $48, then I turn on autopay to get a 13th month free (which I immediately turn back off).  I used to see $40 pretty regularly on Ebay, but I just can't find that anymore.  I remember MS used to offer a steep discount right as your subscription was about to expire, if you hadn't already renewed.  But, I tried that a year or so ago and the offer never came.   

As for Gamepass deals, I've seen 6 months for $30, but I haven't seen that in a while now.  I know MS is running $15 for 3 months right now though.  In general though, it seems to me that MS has tightened up a bit on the deals.  

I'm not, nor have I ever been a Gamepass subscriber.  I've been on the fence several times though, and will probably take the plunge for a few months at some point.  But, if MS were to bundle Live and Gamepass together, and sell a year for $125ish (paid in full, upfront maybe), I'd probably bite.  That would make sense for MS, and it would make sense for me.  

If they don't offer an annual bundle, for example, I'll probably buy a year of live for $50 or so, and subscribe to Gamepass for a few months, which will get them another $45 at most.  So, you're looking at maybe $95 from me, minus whatever cut the (likely) third-party vendor gets when I buy live from them.  MS would be in a much better spot to get $125 from me, and keep all of it.  And, I'd be happy to get a full year of Gamepass.  

Note that there is roughly zero chance that I will ever pay for a MS first-party game outside of Gamepass ever again, unless it is something that I pick up well after release when it is available for next to nothing, if I don't subscribe to Gamepass at the time.  

Finally, if I were MS, whether or not they do anything between now and then, I'd certainly push bundles super hard around the release of Halo 6.  

This is something a lot of people expected

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Expected. They have to do something to try and catch the competition. Like everything else so far can't see it working

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Expected. They have to do something to try and catch the competition. Like everything else so far can't see it working

To be fair, since last E3, it sounds more like they're just trying to remain revelant until their next console launches. Like you said, nothing they did took off, so they probably know they can't catch competition this generation.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said: 

To be fair, since last E3, it sounds more like they're just trying to remain revelant until their next console launches. Like you said, nothing they did took off, so they probably know they can't catch competition this generation.

Lets keep in mind that these services like GamePass and All Access are most likely not going to be exclusive to the X1. I am sure we will see them cross over there there next generation.

Also theres no such thing as catching up to the competition when it comes to making money. Its not about who sells more its all to do with how to make more money.

Kerotan said:

Incredible logic you have. This is clearly MS's plan to crush Sony and Nintendo...

These services aren't designed to be a game changer that moves many units. Its more about getting existing users interested in subscription services, a big source of revenue these days.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Azzanation said:

LipeJJ said: 

Lets keep in mind that these services like GamePass and All Access are most likely not going to be exclusive to the X1. I am sure we will see them cross over there there next generation.

Also theres no such thing as catching up to the competition when it comes to making money. Its not about who sells more its all to do with how to make more money.

Everything MS does is perceived as reactive to being behind in sales among fans of other platforms.

I wasn't even thinking about Sony or Nintendo when I saw this thread. The average Xbox probably sees this as a deal to boosts subscriptions, which is logical in my mind given its a revenue generator.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Azzanation said:

Everything MS does is perceived as reactive to being behind in sales among fans of other platforms.

I wasn't even thinking about Sony or Nintendo when I saw this thread. The average Xbox probably sees this as a deal to boosts subscriptions, which is logical in my mind given its a revenue generator.

Well, seems like it's always the same three or so guys who post their 1-2 liners in these threads just to downplay everything MS does and how it won't help to get back on track and how they lost their war against Sony (don't see Nintendo guys so much in these threads).

I can't take some users serious anymore, that's for sure. At least I can't believe that someone thinks MS really wants to catch up in sales with such a small decision so that the only other option is “I just have to post something negative even if it doesn't make any sense“

MS just tries to make more money like every company does. They obviously know that this won't sell them millions of consoles more.