By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UPDATED: Xbox to offer All Access

LudicrousSpeed said:
PotentHerbs said:

This is a good move for MS.

However, you also have the same MS fans, defending everything MS does. Power was irrelevant, first party was irrelevant, Japanese games were irrelevant, until MS supported these gaming mediums, and their fans flip flopped on the topic. Sony fans did this too, but many of them also criticized Sony, instead of turning a blind eye to their short comings. Only if we could dig up old threads... 

Oh sure. 

Sony will never charge for online.

Indie games don’t matter.

Downloadable games don’t count. 

Rumble is not important.

Power is extremely important, until Scorpio, now it’s irrelevant. 

Etc etc. You’re talking about fans flip flopping to suit their favorite toy maker, which happens all the time on every site, but doesn’t have anything to do with what I said or what I was replying to.

Sure it does.

Why should I take MS fans on this site, who constantly deflect and defend, any more serious than you take Sony fans on this site, who constantly downplay?

All sides have down players. But no other fan base on this site, is as nonchalant as MS fans, when it comes to gaming criticisms. 

BTW, a lot of people expected Sony to charge for online.

I don't remember people discounting indie/ downloadable games. Games like Flower & Limbo were constantly cited in list wars back in PS360 days. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 25 August 2018

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

You complain about a handful of those who "use sales to downplay other products". It is a pointless thing to fret about. Plus, if sales are of no consequence to you, why call them "meaningless stats"? Really, your first paragraph in the quote contradicts this sudden shift.

As far as companies not announcing sales, that would only be Microsoft and they are only not doing so because of their distance to the competition. But, like Nintendo and Sony, they know how important marketshare is. Again, that is Business 101.

I think i made my intentions quite clear with my last post. The issue here is people think i say Sales mean nothing when i clearly state its not the Be all, End all to a business especially when we are talking about a buisness model focusing on online and services more and more. Iv always stated Sales are good, but the way people act as if its everything especially when companies find different ways to profit.

Yes sale figures to me is a meaningless stat, its nice to know but it does nothing to the way i game or decide what to buy. Maybe if i am into shares ill care more. 

When more and more companies start investing heavily within the online services you will start seeing more and more not mention sales figures, unless its to downplay there oppisition.

COKTOE said:
Azzanation said:

I respect this site and the work going in, I never said sales don't matter,

Really? I bet I could find posts where you not only said exactly that, but defended that idea in follow up posts. Do you think I could find such a post?

Please do, find me a post where i stated sales dont matter without me stating in the same post/thread that sales are good to have. Again its not everything. It seems what gets said gets misread.

Besides why are we posting OT in this thread, how about PM me instead. Makes things easier.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 25 August 2018

Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

You complain about a handful of those who "use sales to downplay other products". It is a pointless thing to fret about. Plus, if sales are of no consequence to you, why call them "meaningless stats"? Really, your first paragraph in the quote contradicts this sudden shift.

As far as companies not announcing sales, that would only be Microsoft and they are only not doing so because of their distance to the competition. But, like Nintendo and Sony, they know how important marketshare is. Again, that is Business 101.

I think i made my intentions quite clear with my last post. The issue here is people think i say Sales mean nothing when i clearly state its not the Be all, End all to a business especially when we are talking about a buisness model focusing on online and services more and more. Iv always stated Sales are good, but the way people act as if its everything especially when companies find different ways to profit.

Yes sale figures to me is a meaningless stat, its nice to know but it does nothing to the way i game or decide what to buy. Maybe if i am into shares ill care more. 

When more and more companies start investing heavily within the online services you will start seeing more and more not mention sales figures, unless its to downplay there oppisition.

To me, as long as you call real, useful, data meaningless, you'll never convey the idea that you actually understand this arm of business. And I don't know what your intentions were, but I do think your viewpoint would change under different circumstances.



                                                                                                                                                           

Azzanation said: 

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-all-access

*Customers will be able to pay around $22 per month and net themselves an Xbox One S, Xbox Live, and Xbox Game Pass for two years. Around $35 will net them an Xbox One X.

For those who don't want to take out their calculators, it's 528$ total for the ONE S + XBL + GamePass, and 840$ for an ONE X + XBL + GamePass.

In other words, buying them separately seems a better deal to me, especially for the ONE X or when there's some discount.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 25 August 2018

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Azzanation said: 

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-all-access

*Customers will be able to pay around $22 per month and net themselves an Xbox One S, Xbox Live, and Xbox Game Pass for two years. Around $35 will net them an Xbox One X.

For those who don't want to take out their calculators, it's 528$ total for the ONE S + XBL + GamePass, and 840$ for an ONE X + XBL + GamePass.

In other words, buying them separately seems a better deal to me, especially for the ONE X or when there's some discount.

That's the catch with these types of business models. Buying a product on a plan will always cost you more in the long run. Much like buying a Phone on a Plan, EG - actual Phone is worth $800 but the deal adds up to more than $1200 over 2 years. (Depending on the plan you are with)

As for All Access, I can see where the market is, probably more focused on Uni/College students who cannot afford to outright pay $400+ on a console and add even more for the games. 

$35 a month for a X and 100s of games that will be free via GamePass doesn't sound like much money considering what you are getting, but MS will make there money in the long run by earning close to twice the amount on 1 console purchase over two years etc.



Around the Network

CGI-Quality said:

To me, as long as you call real, useful, data meaningless, you'll never convey the idea that you actually understand this arm of business. And I don't know what your intentions were, but I do think your viewpoint would change under different circumstances.

My view would not change, I never cared for sales in terms of what defines a platform, even when the 360 or Wii were on top, I game on PC majority of the time, a platform that doesn't have hardware sales, its the way I like it. The way I wish console gamers should see it. Unfortunately when I got back into consoles all I read is negativity because one console didn't sell as much as the other. Its like hearing AMD or Nvidia fanboys cry out who's GPU sold more.. I honestly don't care, I buy which one suits my needs at the time. 

I do enjoy the site for its feedback on sales and gaming news and I don't want you to think I disrespect anyone that works hard on this site because people assume I hate numbers. Its far from the truth. I just dislike people misusing the numbers for nothing more than a dig at another.  



Azzanation said:

CGI-Quality said:

To me, as long as you call real, useful, data meaningless, you'll never convey the idea that you actually understand this arm of business. And I don't know what your intentions were, but I do think your viewpoint would change under different circumstances.

My view would not change, I never cared for sales in terms of what defines a platform, even when the 360 or Wii were on top, I game on PC majority of the time, a platform that doesn't have hardware sales, its the way I like it. The way I wish console gamers should see it. Unfortunately when I got back into consoles all I read is negativity because one console didn't sell as much as the other. Its like hearing AMD or Nvidia fanboys cry out who's GPU sold more.. I honestly don't care, I buy which one suits my needs at the time. 

I do enjoy the site for its feedback on sales and gaming news and I don't want you to think I disrespect anyone that works hard on this site because people assume I hate numbers. Its far from the truth. I just dislike people misusing the numbers for nothing more than a dig at another.  

If you didn't really care about the things you continue to mention, you wouldn't bring them up at all. 

And, again, just because you allegedly don't care for sales numbers (something you continue to contradict yourself on), doesn't mean others should follow suit. These companies disclose the data because they matter (even PC numbers are tracked, both pieces of hardware and software). That's not going to change, no matter how much you wish it would.



                                                                                                                                                           

CGI-Quality said:

If you didn't really care about the things you continue to mention, you wouldn't bring them up at all. 

And, again, just because you allegedly don't care for sales numbers (something you continue to contradict yourself on), doesn't mean others should follow suit. These companies disclose the data because they matter (even PC numbers are tracked, both pieces of hardware and software). That's not going to change, no matter how much you wish it would.

CGI, I use examples, to prove a point, it doesn't mean I live my life off my examples. Only way to get through to some people who think sales only matter is by using sales to prove a point. I never once meant to say sales is nothing, of course sales help but in the space of things and how the future is shaping, hardware sales means very little to me especially when a platform has its games on multiple devices. 



Azzanation said:

CGI-Quality said:

If you didn't really care about the things you continue to mention, you wouldn't bring them up at all. 

And, again, just because you allegedly don't care for sales numbers (something you continue to contradict yourself on), doesn't mean others should follow suit. These companies disclose the data because they matter (even PC numbers are tracked, both pieces of hardware and software). That's not going to change, no matter how much you wish it would.

CGI, I use examples, to prove a point, it doesn't mean I live my life off my examples. Only way to get through to some people who think sales only matter is by using sales to prove a point. I never once meant to say sales is nothing, of course sales help but in the space of things and how the future is shaping, hardware sales means very little to me especially when a platform has its games on multiple devices. 

"Sales mean very little to me" - this much we know, Azz. The problem is you continue to talk in circles and it's why people continue to challenge you on it. You also continue to push a narrative of a very small few. It shouldn't matter. Very few people think that only hardware sales matter. Let them live in ignorance.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 25 August 2018

                                                                                                                                                           

 

PotentHerbs said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh sure. 

Sony will never charge for online.

Indie games don’t matter.

Downloadable games don’t count. 

Rumble is not important.

Power is extremely important, until Scorpio, now it’s irrelevant. 

Etc etc. You’re talking about fans flip flopping to suit their favorite toy maker, which happens all the time on every site, but doesn’t have anything to do with what I said or what I was replying to.

Sure it does.

Why should I take MS fans on this site, who constantly deflect and defend, any more serious than you take Sony fans on this site, who constantly downplay?

All sides have down players. But no other fan base on this site, is as nonchalant as MS fans, when it comes to gaming criticisms. 

BTW, a lot of people expected Sony to charge for online.

I don't remember people discounting indie/ downloadable games. Games like Flower & Limbo were constantly cited in list wars back in PS360 days. 

Speaking of deflecting and defending lol.

But take people as seriously as you want, or don’t. I don’t care. I also don’t care what you remember about last gen, I personally remember being told constantly that games like Shadow Complex, State of Decay, Skulls of the Shogun, ‘Splosion Man, etc etc were not “real games” or “didn’t count” until this gen when Sony started with massive amounts of indie/digital titles. Kind of like how BC titles don’t count right now, but they would if PS4 had BC. And your history is off when it comes to teh Chartz if you honestly believe most thought PS4 would require pay to play online.

Of course here’s where you reply saying something about the shoe being on the other foot, etc etc, and I’ll just say again, yeah it happens every time in every community, but is irrelevant to my point or the point I was replying to, which was constant dismissal and downplay and negativity in every Xbox thread from some here. You’re welcome to disagree but I’m not going to debate it anymore :)