By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UPDATED: Xbox to offer All Access

CGI-Quality said:

To me, as long as you call real, useful, data meaningless, you'll never convey the idea that you actually understand this arm of business. And I don't know what your intentions were, but I do think your viewpoint would change under different circumstances.

My view would not change, I never cared for sales in terms of what defines a platform, even when the 360 or Wii were on top, I game on PC majority of the time, a platform that doesn't have hardware sales, its the way I like it. The way I wish console gamers should see it. Unfortunately when I got back into consoles all I read is negativity because one console didn't sell as much as the other. Its like hearing AMD or Nvidia fanboys cry out who's GPU sold more.. I honestly don't care, I buy which one suits my needs at the time. 

I do enjoy the site for its feedback on sales and gaming news and I don't want you to think I disrespect anyone that works hard on this site because people assume I hate numbers. Its far from the truth. I just dislike people misusing the numbers for nothing more than a dig at another.  

Around the Network

CGI-Quality said:

If you didn't really care about the things you continue to mention, you wouldn't bring them up at all. 

And, again, just because you allegedly don't care for sales numbers (something you continue to contradict yourself on), doesn't mean others should follow suit. These companies disclose the data because they matter (even PC numbers are tracked, both pieces of hardware and software). That's not going to change, no matter how much you wish it would.

CGI, I use examples, to prove a point, it doesn't mean I live my life off my examples. Only way to get through to some people who think sales only matter is by using sales to prove a point. I never once meant to say sales is nothing, of course sales help but in the space of things and how the future is shaping, hardware sales means very little to me especially when a platform has its games on multiple devices. 

PotentHerbs said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh sure. 

Sony will never charge for online.

Indie games don’t matter.

Downloadable games don’t count. 

Rumble is not important.

Power is extremely important, until Scorpio, now it’s irrelevant. 

Etc etc. You’re talking about fans flip flopping to suit their favorite toy maker, which happens all the time on every site, but doesn’t have anything to do with what I said or what I was replying to.

Sure it does.

Why should I take MS fans on this site, who constantly deflect and defend, any more serious than you take Sony fans on this site, who constantly downplay?

All sides have down players. But no other fan base on this site, is as nonchalant as MS fans, when it comes to gaming criticisms. 

BTW, a lot of people expected Sony to charge for online.

I don't remember people discounting indie/ downloadable games. Games like Flower & Limbo were constantly cited in list wars back in PS360 days. 

Speaking of deflecting and defending lol.

But take people as seriously as you want, or don’t. I don’t care. I also don’t care what you remember about last gen, I personally remember being told constantly that games like Shadow Complex, State of Decay, Skulls of the Shogun, ‘Splosion Man, etc etc were not “real games” or “didn’t count” until this gen when Sony started with massive amounts of indie/digital titles. Kind of like how BC titles don’t count right now, but they would if PS4 had BC. And your history is off when it comes to teh Chartz if you honestly believe most thought PS4 would require pay to play online.

Of course here’s where you reply saying something about the shoe being on the other foot, etc etc, and I’ll just say again, yeah it happens every time in every community, but is irrelevant to my point or the point I was replying to, which was constant dismissal and downplay and negativity in every Xbox thread from some here. You’re welcome to disagree but I’m not going to debate it anymore :)

Errorist76 said:
If they’re most likely forced to sell the system at a loss anyway they might just lend it right away. I still think for that the monthly cost is a bit too high to be feasible.

You must not be doing the math.

$22-$35 a month is not a lot of money for the average person. We're talking about getting the console and access to many games (day one 1st party games included), that's a pretty good deal.

Also, the subscription services being lumped in means they're making a profit on the subscription services. That covers any losses on the hardware.

Shame they didn't throw in EA Access. That's a bargain at $30 a year.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

That's cheap if you do the numbers and it's a great pricing model, but you have to wonder how they can sustain such cheap offers. They're really trying to entice people to xbox hard, this along with all first party titles being on gamepass, surely their profits are plummeting. The value of Gold has also plummeted, hell Amazon.co.uk are currently selling 6 months of gold for £15...

Microsoft have to be careful that they're not devaluing they're own products too much.

But it's a great deal for consumers.

Around the Network

There have been talks about subsiding consoles through contracts of the services since Gold launched, will this be the time it takes off?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

So the plan is to make consoles like a phone then?
You will get a Xbox bill monthly that shows stuff like:
Xbox One X $15
Xbox Live $10
All Access $10
Total $35

Or something like that. Probably other hidden fees like taxes and what not. People seem ot love paying monthly for new phones all the time.

Be tempting come a new gen. Day 1 you buy a PS5 with zero games for $400.00 or you buy an Xbox 4 for $35 and it lets you play every game.

irstupid said:

Xbox One X $15
Xbox Live $10
All Access $10
Total $35

Or something like that. Probably other hidden fees like taxes and what not. People seem ot love paying monthly for new phones all the time.

Be tempting come a new gen. Day 1 you buy a PS5 with zero games for $400.00 or you buy an Xbox 4 for $35 and it lets you play every game.

People doesn't know how to calculate interest and total cost. They only see if the monthly fee is low enough for him to pay. For me they all deserve to pay more and give more profits for companies... And that shall make sales of Xbox much better if it's goodly implemented.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

chakkra said:

*Customers will be able to pay around $22 per month and net themselves an Xbox One S, Xbox Live, and Xbox Game Pass for two years. Around $35 will net them an Xbox One X.

It will be interesting to see how much this affects the Xbox family sales. 

I think it will help it to keep sales up YoY, not only this year but next year as well.

How? If anything it will slow down sales and up the rents. Not that it matters when we don’t get any sales numbers anyway.

irstupid said:

Xbox One X $15
Xbox Live $10
All Access $10
Total $35

Don’t pretend it’s much different to buying it on a monthly credit.