By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MHW over 10m sold already

PwerlvlAmy said:
Lawlight said:
That’s a great number. Give the person who saw the light and brought MH back to Playstation a raise.

Actually if that were the case, the game wouldve only sold around 4M. Thank the heavens for Xbox and PC for the added 6m sales. 

Ok, wait,  so we know that it sold aroud 2M on pc, so you think monhun sold 4M o xbox!? You realy think xbox and ps numbers are similar? PS sold 3M or more on japan alone dude, if we have 8M console copies PS most likely got 6-7M of those sales.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
The thing is, I don't think it's any sort of 'beck and call' for someone to read a thread that they posted in. To me that's just common sense. If you're not interested in reading the discussion then why bother posting anyway? That's the way I see it at least. This is fairly off topic though, so I'll request that if you wish to continue this dialogue that we do it via private messaging.

In your opinion it makes sense to you, but outside of that it does not, otherwise we would have zero need for notification systems for anything else out there, except we know we need them, so it's just you that doesn't, but that alaso doesn't mean we have to abide by your little rule of not using a button that millions of sites actively make use of on a daily basis. 

What you choose to do is no longer common and actually rather aimless at that, as people these days expect an actual "reply" or usage of the quote button in order to know that said person is replying to them. You know I know that I am replying to you, but outside of this site, not many would think that, had I never quoted you and talked like I was typed like I was typing to myself (which is what it appears as to some people).

I am interested in the thread, not someone who repeats or states the obvious and refuses to make use of the quote button, but that will not stop me from stopping by to point out that 1) The button exists, and 2) There are no rules that suggest I follow your way of thinking, especially since the systems in place assure the opposite.

In future, do not talk of a made up rule and telling me not to talk to you unless I play by them. But I'm sure in time, those colors will reveal themselves. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

contestgamer said:
It's basically a BOTW clone, outselling BOTW...

Oh...  Are you serious ?  

Mnementh said:
Barkley said:

GTX 760 is the minimum GPU listed on steam, which is a 1.8TF-2.2TF card.
It also needs 8gb of ram + 2gb vram card.

Basically listed Minimum requirements are WAY above the Switch, and marginally above the PS4/XBO on ram/gpu and substantially above ps4/xbo on cpu.

Getting the game to run on the Switch Docked, but especially in Handheld, would be an absolute nightmare.

I see Tegra X1 given with 1TF, which is not way below 1.8TF.

Wasn't going to comment until this.

1TF is substantially less than 1.8TF

It's nearly HALF, dude.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

contestgamer said:
JRPGfan said:

Hopefully this is a joke comment? I cant tell over the internet anymore.

Theyre both open world, third person adventure games with fantasy monsters and hunting.

No.

You clearly haven't played one or both of these games to come to that conclusion.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
contestgamer said:

Theyre both open world, third person adventure games with fantasy monsters and hunting.

No.

You clearly haven't played one or both of these games to come to that conclusion.

I beat BOTW and played about 4-5 hours of MHW. So yeah.

Lawlight said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Actually if that were the case, the game wouldve only sold around 4M. Thank the heavens for Xbox and PC for the added 6m sales. 

Yeah, I don’t think the Xbox One version sold as much as the PS4 version. Of the reported 8.3M, the PS4 probably sold 7M.

Fact is PS4 wasnt the saving grace though. Without Xbox One and PC, combined sales wouldnt be where they are. That's all I'm saying. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

contestgamer said:
Azuren said:

No.

I beat BOTW and played about 4-5 hours of MHW. So yeah.

Then you're lying or trolling, because the only similarities between these games are that they are third person fantasy games. They aren't even the same levels of fantasy (Low Fantasy in MHW vs High Fantasy in BotW).

GOWTLOZ said:
Chazore said:
I like how we've managed to turn this from MHW crossing 10m to "let's all thank PS4 and forget everyone else", "Also let's jab at Nintendo just because".

I won't be adding to the number yet, not until Capcom sort out that expensive late PC port .

No one is jabbing at Nintendo, they are jabbing at Nintendo fans who thought MH can only be successful on Nintendo hardware despite its past success on PlayStation.

Its a fair jab.

I don't think Capcom will see this nor will they care, they are getting more than what they bargained for here. For me personally, I double dip when its a really good game. For GTA 5 I triple dipped, PS3, PS4 and PC. I'll do the same for RDR 2 when it releases on PC.

0D0 said:
Dr.Vita said:

And they said that a Monster Hunter game which is not on a Nintendo console wouldn't sell. xD

It was a great move from Capcom to bring this game back to Playstation! Amazing sales!

Indeed it was a brilliant move. Even considering NSW success now, back then, it was the best and maybe only move to keep the franchise going.

Hearing some Nintendo fans saying that the game would fail while trying to explain multiple times that the game had a lot of potential was tough. After the game's success when I pointed out this fact I had to hear how they hated the game. After that I keep staying away from Nintendo fans. I don't mean to upset any Nintendo fan nor trying to generalise it, just sharing my experience.

Really, such fans existed? Is that for real or are these crazy fans made up? Or more likely, were there one or two of fans making such statements?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
bananaking21 said:

I simply never understood why Japanese Devs go exclusive with their games instead of multiplate. Why is persona not on Nintendo? It would sell so much more on there. Same goes for yo Kai watch. Why didn't they release it on PS?. And there are a lot more.

I agree. In these times with multiplatform enabled engines and programming and development tools that support multiple platforms it should be a no brainer. You see it for indies: as these don't care that much about platform politics and their games haven't the visibility and pull of bigger productions they often support a multitude of platforms.

Japanese business is notorious for "you wash my back, I'll wash yours" deals.  Octopath Traveller is a good example.  There is no reason in the world why that game shouldn't be on PS4 and PC.  While favor-for-a-favor business might be great for company executives, it's the customers who get screwed.  That it still seems to be going on in today's world is incredibly short-sighted.