By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the GOTY contenders?

Super Smash Bros Ultimate comes out December 7, the day after the game awards. I think that it will be down to God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Spiderman.

Last edited by LinkDaHero - on 12 June 2018

Around the Network

Racing games seem to always get put in their own category of GOTY. Forza will definitely win Racing game of the year, since The Crew 2 is the only competition and that game is pathetic. But in the odd chance it is nominated and racing games are finally acknowledged for once then it will win. Hands down Forza is the best. God of War will quiver in fear to the presence of Forza Horizon 4, the ultimate fighter, the one card Microsoft has to fuck everyone else to hell.

Red Dead 2 has shitty pre order bonuses, and will be hit hard with terrible micro DLC like GTA Online, it will have a small chance only because of the hype surrounding it.

Smash wont qualify it will be up for 2019.
And as of today, there isnt much competitio tbh feels like its Fortnite vs Gow. Then we will see eventually with the second half but first half was pretty weak.

Out of those? God of War or Red Dead 2. Nothing else stands a chance.

Nothing really blew my mind this year. I doubt Smash will since it's more a Remaster in my opinion, Forza wont because racing games dont win GOTY, they tend to remain in there sub category for RGOTY, so my guess will be out of the obvious, God of War and Red Dead and both games dont interests me the slightest.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 13 June 2018

Around the Network

God of War
Red Dead Redemption 2
Smash
Maybe Spider-Man

Mar1217 said:
LinkDaHero said:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate comes out December 7, the day after the game awards. I think that it will be down to God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Spiderman.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that .... I guess there's D.I.C.E then ?

Otherwise, Smash is really a good contender for 2019 (if it includes a story mode of course,lol)

Should win the fighting game category by default though :P And maybe multiplayer also ...

Dragon Ball Fighterz will win fighting game category. Jump Force should be up there.

Nah of course not. Soulcalibur 6 is the fighting game that will win those awards.

Last edited by GOWTLOZ - on 13 June 2018

One thing is for sure, this year will not have the great contenders like 2017, with Zelda, Horizon and Mario. So far only God of War is a real contender (be serious, a strongly japanese game like MonHun will not get much awards from western reviewers). RDR2, AC Odyssey (this should release this year, right) and Smash will probably contenders. Neither looks like it will reach the quality of the 2017 games.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Smash Bros probably.

God of War, RDR2, Spiderman, monster hunter and Smash bros.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian