By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the GOTY contenders?

To me It's super smash, I will keep on playing it for a long time

Around the Network

God of War'll win.

And again the Spider-Man hype here on VGC. I really don't get that.

Jaicee said:

Celeste is my favorite game released this year so far, but I don't expect it to win much, if anything. Though I'm not good at predicting things, truthfully. I think I'll just go along with the consensus view here and say that the top awards will go to either God of War or Red Dead Redemption 2. That seems like it's probably what will happen.

Given how successful it was, right now it's pretty much a lock for indie game of the year unless some other game shows up out of nowhere. And it deserves it, too. It's a great game. It'll probably be in my top 10 games of the year.

Wouldn't be surprised if Octopath Traveler gets some love by the end of the year

As God of War is the best game I have played so far, great games like far cry, kingdome come and detroit won't be mentioned.

It will be between God of War and the upcoming games:
Read Dead 2
Assassins Creed Oddesey
Forza Horizon 4
Spiderman

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
GOWTLOZ said:

God of War is better than any game released last year and DBFZ is a fantastic game. RDR 2 should be better than any game last year as well and Spiderman will be good.

Meta had the games last year 97, God of War at 94. I'm aware people have different tastes, but Meta should partially outweighs this. Going after personal tastes by the way, MonHun and Zelda for me beat clearly and without question God of War, Mario and RDR. So going after my personal tastes MonHun would be contender, but I'm realistic.

If this for certain game awards, yes you're right. That doesn't say anything to me. DBFZ and FH4 wouldn't be contenders because of their genre though they will be amazing games. These awards are of no influence to my perspective and that's what really matters. 2018 for me is it.

If there was any justice I'd say The Last Guardian. OMFG what an emotional roller coaster that goes above and beyond...

Yeah, I can hear you say: But it's not even a game released in 2018 to what I'd reply: You're right, also The Last Guardian shouldn't be Game of the Year, it should definitely be Game of the Decade.

Sadly very few people will get what I mean, and this post is for them.

Nonomori Torico.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

If there was any justice I'd say The Last Guardian. OMFG what an emotional roller coaster that goes above and beyond...

Yeah, I can hear you say: But it's not even a game released in 2018 to what I'd reply: You're right, also The Last Guardian shouldn't be Game of the Year, it should definitely be Game of the Decade.

Sadly very few people will get what I mean, and this post is for them.

Its an amazing game. Some people just didn't get it and so it got bad press.

GOWTLOZ said:
Mnementh said:
One thing is for sure, this year will not have the great contenders like 2017, with Zelda, Horizon and Mario. So far only God of War is a real contender (be serious, a strongly japanese game like MonHun will not get much awards from western reviewers). RDR2, AC Odyssey (this should release this year, right) and Smash will probably contenders. Neither looks like it will reach the quality of the 2017 games.

God of War is better than any game released last year and DBFZ is a fantastic game. RDR 2 should be better than any game last year as well and Spiderman will be good.

I agree 100%.

Dreams is likely 2019 though

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1