By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the GOTY contenders?

As it stands midway through the year, God of War, hands down.

by the end of the year, maybe much different.

Around the Network

What do I think the trend-following masses will pick? Probably going to see a lot of variation based on the site, honestly. We'll see a bunch of Smash, GoW, and RDR2 winners.

My personal winner, though, is MHW. Not only is it the best MH to date, but it flipped the script into a truly next gen Monster Hunter and broke that barrier into mass appeal of the western market. In the face of Nintendo fans' doubt, MHW went above and beyond just successful by becoming Capcom's best selling game ever.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

LethalP said:
shikamaru317 said:
Red Dead Redemption 2. Rockstar always wins GOTY for their main games.

The Last Of Us won in 2013 over GTA V.

flashfire926 said:

LethalP said:

GTA V won in 2013 over The Last of Us.

Fixed.

Yeah but R D2 should be in that list regardless. I'll be s contender and will possibly win it all in the games awards since it's multiplatform

Whatever my personal game of the year will be, it hasn't been released yet. I am very underwhelmed by the releases so far this year. Looking forward to getting Spider-Man, Smash Bros and Valkyria Chronicles 4 this year. I hope one of them is good enough to be called my game of the year.

As for which game which actually win the awards, it will probably be God of War or RDR2.

Red Dead and God of War will be the ones to get the most awards.
My personal favorite will most probably be Dragon Quest XI tho.

Around the Network

Man GOW is so good, its like school zelda before BOTW, but with the best combat ever imo. RDR2 will probably be mind blowing as well, its between those 2 games for sure.

I believe GOW will win. RDR2 is the only competitor, but for some reason I'm not very convident about RDR2

Pokemon Let's Go won't get anything, it won't even be nominated. Octopath Traveller should get some nominations, it's tied with Dragon Quest XI for my GOTY so far. Will wait until Smash releases to decide which gets it for me though