Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 19): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 7-13, 2018 ( aftermath)

Pretth much slowest week of the year



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Seems switch is not that groundbreaking massive succes i thought it would be in japan( expected every week 100k+)

Ps4 needs pricedrop and games.



 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Seems switch is not that groundbreaking massive succes i thought it would be in japan( expected every week 100k+)

Ps4 needs pricedrop and games.

Wow, cdan you point us to that bold prediction of yours, 100K+ for Switch every week?

PS4 just had GoW.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Here is the week 19 update in terms of the two big consoles in Japan's path to be able to reach the commonly stated (in these sales threads) estimates for 2018 sales (2 mil for PS4, 4 mil for Switch) .

  TWS GD YTD AWN (Change)
PS4 17,688 -16,762 846,355 34,958 (+508)
Switch 31,720 -59,853 918,236 93,386 (+1813)

TWS - This week's sales
GD - Goal differential, the difference between the average week needed from last week compared to this week's sales
YTD - Units sold in 2018 so far including this week's sales
AWN - Average weekly sales needed to reach the estimate for the console.

Both consoles slide in sales post Golden Week. PS4 is now at 1/2 AWN and Switch is at 1/3 AWN. If similar sales continue then by this the Switch will have to sell on average 100,000 console each week for the last half of 2018 to reach 4 million units sold.



xl-klaudkil said:
Seems switch is not that groundbreaking massive succes i thought it would be in japan( expected every week 100k+)

Ps4 needs pricedrop and games.

Literally nobody expected that apart from you I bet.



Around the Network

Switch just needs big Japanese games.. it has no huge seller there except like Splatoon 2.. the rest is good to average.

They need a 2D mario/MH/Animal crossing/Pokemon



http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8798785



Although the number is a bit small, it was roughly correct. I think it is a side effect of Golden week.

Famitsu

Switch PS4

35,498 24,330

54,534 37,356 LW

 

Media Create

31,720 17,688 TW

Last edited by takoyaki7 - on 16 May 2018

Megiddo said:

Here is the week 19 update in terms of the two big consoles in Japan's path to be able to reach the commonly stated (in these sales threads) estimates for 2018 sales (2 mil for PS4, 4 mil for Switch) .

  TWS GD YTD AWN (Change)
PS4 17,688 -16,762 846,355 34,958 (+508)
Switch 31,720 -59,853 918,236 93,386 (+1813)

TWS - This week's sales
GD - Goal differential, the difference between the average week needed from last week compared to this week's sales
YTD - Units sold in 2018 so far including this week's sales
AWN - Average weekly sales needed to reach the estimate for the console.

Both consoles slide in sales post Golden Week. PS4 is now at 1/2 AWN and Switch is at 1/3 AWN. If similar sales continue then by this the Switch will have to sell on average 100,000 console each week for the last half of 2018 to reach 4 million units sold.

...or just sell good holiday numbers. You do know Nintendo consoles have had multiple 300-500k weeks before right?

Last edited by Green098 - on 16 May 2018

Green098 said:
Megiddo said:

Here is the week 19 update in terms of the two big consoles in Japan's path to be able to reach the commonly stated (in these sales threads) estimates for 2018 sales (2 mil for PS4, 4 mil for Switch) .

  TWS GD YTD AWN (Change)
PS4 17,688 -16,762 846,355 34,958 (+508)
Switch 31,720 -59,853 918,236 93,386 (+1813)

TWS - This week's sales
GD - Goal differential, the difference between the average week needed from last week compared to this week's sales
YTD - Units sold in 2018 so far including this week's sales
AWN - Average weekly sales needed to reach the estimate for the console.

Both consoles slide in sales post Golden Week. PS4 is now at 1/2 AWN and Switch is at 1/3 AWN. If similar sales continue then by this the Switch will have to sell on average 100,000 console each week for the last half of 2018 to reach 4 million units sold.

...or just sell good holiday numbers. You do know Nintendo consoles have had multiple 300-500k weeks before right?

Last year over November-December, the Switch averaged 145k over 9 weeks. If the Switch does the same then it will need to average around 75k/week starting next week through October.



Switch dominating in hardware and software!!!



Pocky Lover Boy!