By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 19): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 7-13, 2018 ( aftermath)

takoyaki7 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8798785

Although the number is a bit small, it was roughly correct. I think it is a side effect of Golden week.

Famitsu

Switch PS4

35,498 24,330

54,534 37,356 LW

Media Create

31,720 17,688 TW

Famitsu numbers dont look as depressing as the Media Create ones for the PS4.
Why does Famitsu have like 6,7k higher PS4 numbers than Media Create?

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wouldn't be bad if Labo can maintain 10k/week but as said before I think it's gonna keep dropping. Time will tell!

I think 10k is too high a baseline for Labo, but I could see it chugging along with 4k-7k a week

outlawauron said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wouldn't be bad if Labo can maintain 10k/week but as said before I think it's gonna keep dropping. Time will tell!

It's starting to see some heavy discounting, so not sure how large the additional shipments will be. As long as it has good word of mouth, steady sales should be good enough.

The boxes take a lot more inventory space than a normal game in it's small case, so I was expecting that a bit. Especially after the retailers seemingly expected a bit too much right out of the gate and ordered too many copies.

outlawauron said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

It's starting to see some heavy discounting, so not sure how large the additional shipments will be. As long as it has good word of mouth, steady sales should be good enough.

Hopefully it will sell a lot in the next couple of weeks

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
outlawauron said:

I think if Nintendo continues to support by releasing more packs + ways they can interact together, then it'll give it solid boosts.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Jranation said:

I think if Nintendo continues to support by releasing more packs + ways they can interact together, then it'll give it solid boosts.

In my opinion I think it needs to get Viral. And that could be from any source in the world. We are seeing with Ariana Grande that singers can perform their song with using Labo. 

Or it could be just allowing the Switch userbase to increase more from games like Pokemon, Smash, Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

They should make a Labo Minecraft edition.

They should provide replayability by having a Tamagatchi system with the Labo house creature and a rhythm/practice game with the piano. Boggles my mind how they didn't think to give the Labo games themselves hardly any replayability.