By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 19): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 7-13, 2018 ( aftermath)

Marth said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Aftermath of what?

Of Golden Week. Everything is back to normal prices and its historically the worst week in Japan.

Acevil said:
Marth said:

Of Golden Week. Everything is back to normal prices and its historically the worst week in Japan.

Some summer weeks will be worse, and I think the summer time is generally where the worst week of the year happens. 

@both the worst week is usually in October imo. But of course there are a lot of bad weeks, and it depends on game releases.

Around the Network

That's a post golden week week, alright!

Mnementh said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But do they mean out of 10 or out of 100?

As the other games have review-scores in the 60s, 70s, 80s and so on I assume out of 100.

That game seems to have bad reviews everywhere. It hasn't been well reviewed even on Amazon where it has less than 3 stars.

Is this the worst week of the year for switch?

Megiddo said:
Green098 said:

...or just sell good holiday numbers. You do know Nintendo consoles have had multiple 300-500k weeks before right?

Last year over November-December, the Switch averaged 145k over 9 weeks. If the Switch does the same then it will need to average around 75k/week starting next week through October.

That's bc it was heavily supply constrained some weeks.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
160rmf said:
Megiddo said:

Last year over November-December, the Switch averaged 145k over 9 weeks. If the Switch does the same then it will need to average around 75k/week starting next week through October.

Hold up playa supply contrains only exist for sony consoles

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

160rmf said:
Megiddo said:

Okay, then it would have spilled over into sales in 2018.

kirby007 said:
160rmf said:

Indeed, my bad. For Nintendo is "Artificial Demand", right?

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
kirby007 said:

Indeed, my bad. For Nintendo is "Artificial Demand", right?

Either that, or since you can buy it from scalpers on amazon, not out of stock. 

Megiddo said:
160rmf said:

Okay, then it would have spilled over into sales in 2018.

Well, it kinda did. If it wasn't it would be just like PS4.

We reap what we sow