Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 19): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 7-13, 2018 ( aftermath)

Acevil said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But do they mean out of 10 or out of 100?

Out of 100. It is also only one review. 

Well the game in question is by Konami, so I guess the user review was from someone who really hates Konami, which doesn't really narrow it down.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Seems switch is not that groundbreaking massive succes i thought it would be in japan( expected every week 100k+)

Ps4 needs pricedrop and games.

100k+ every week!? Thats crazy. :)

xMetroid said:
Switch just needs big Japanese games.. it has no huge seller there except like Splatoon 2.. the rest is good to average.

They need a 2D mario/MH/Animal crossing/Pokemon

Switch from June starting to have quite good lineup and later this year it will have some strong hevy hitters like Yokai Watch, Smash Bros and Pokemon.

Ka-pi96 said:
Aftermath of what?

Of Golden Week. Everything is back to normal prices and its historically the worst week in Japan.

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Pokemon Switch has a release date?

Yeesh, this is not a very healthy week in the market.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Marth said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Aftermath of what?

Of Golden Week. Everything is back to normal prices and its historically the worst week in Japan.

Some summer weeks will be worse, and I think the summer time is generally where the worst week of the year happens. 

Marth said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Aftermath of what?

Acevil said:
Marth said:

Some summer weeks will be worse, and I think the summer time is generally where the worst week of the year happens. 

@both the worst week is usually in October imo. But of course there are a lot of bad weeks, and it depends on game releases.

Green098 said:
Train wreck said:

Donkey Kong and Golden week pushed Switch sales to 57k but you think the games you mentioned in a slower time of year will have a bigger impact?  ...Ok

No, I mentioned they'd help on top of bigger holiday numbers. Also all of the games I mentioned are brand new titles not a port... so who knows? For Yokai Watch 4 I can see bigger numbers than 57k for Switch.

But for Super Smash Bros. you can't see a bigger number than 57k?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Marth said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Aftermath of what?

Oh, I must have missed the golden week sales thread then, either that or it was so underwhelming that I didn't even notice the difference.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

That's a post golden week week, alright!