Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 19): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 7-13, 2018 ( aftermath)

xl-klaudkil said:
Seems switch is not that groundbreaking massive succes i thought it would be in japan( expected every week 100k+)

Ps4 needs pricedrop and games.

Whats groundbreaking is your prediction! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Donkey Kong is trashing GOW. Actually almost everything in the top 20 is trashing GOW.

GOW has especially impressive legs given the history of the franchise in Japan.  If you don't keep that in context, it just makes your comment look like nonsense. 

Aftermath of what?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Rainbow 6 doing great. Gow almost 100k. Ps4 up YOY.

Ahhh ! I thought Kirby would have been at 500K by this week ! Next week I guess ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
Green098 said:

...or just sell good holiday numbers. You do know Nintendo consoles have had multiple 300-500k weeks before right?

Last year over November-December, the Switch averaged 145k over 9 weeks. If the Switch does the same then it will need to average around 75k/week starting next week through October.

Seems easy enough. I expect Switch to get a big Japanese seller like Pokemon in November/December which Switch didn't get in 2017, last one was Odyssey in October. So over 9 weeks I expect that number to be closer 200k. Also on top of that the spikes (some small, some big) from Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveller, Yokai Watch 4, Fire Emblem 2018, Super Smash Brothers 2018, Yoshi 2018, etc. should further help that.

DK over 100k!
Splatoon 2 over 2.3mil!
Labo over 200k!
Kirby almost 500k!
Zelda almost 1mil!
1 2 Switch and Arms makes it back to the top 20!!! They are not dead yet!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Green098 said:
Megiddo said:

Last year over November-December, the Switch averaged 145k over 9 weeks. If the Switch does the same then it will need to average around 75k/week starting next week through October.

Seems easy enough. I expect Switch to get a big Japanese seller like Pokemon in November/December which Switch didn't get in 2017, last one was Odyssey in October. So over 9 weeks I expect that number to be closer 200k. Also on top of that the spikes (some small, some big) from Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveller, Yokai Watch 4, Fire Emblem 2018, Super Smash Brothers 2018, Yoshi 2018, etc. should further help that.

Donkey Kong and Golden week pushed Switch sales to 57k but you think the games you mentioned in a slower time of year will have a bigger impact?  ...Ok

Train wreck said:
Green098 said:

Donkey Kong and Golden week pushed Switch sales to 57k but you think the games you mentioned in a slower time of year will have a bigger impact?  ...Ok

No, I mentioned they'd help on top of bigger holiday numbers. Also all of the games I mentioned are brand new titles not a port... so who knows? For Yokai Watch 4 I can see bigger numbers than 57k for Switch.

Last edited by Green098 - on 16 May 2018

About what I expected from the PS4 (16-20k). The Switch is a bit lower than I hoped (35k), but still more or less acceptable