By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the Big 3 Responds Best to What Fans Want?

Who Responds Best to What Fans Want?

Microsoft 10 11.63%

Nintendo 12 13.95%

Sony 64 74.42%

Total:86

So Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all have their passionate fans. They each interact with the fans in their own way whether it is through Nintendo Direct, PlayStation Blog, or Major Nelson (is that even still a thing?) but which of the three shows that they hear what fans are saying and actually gives them what they want.

Here are some examples for each:

Microsoft

Listened:

-When fans hated the Xbox One always online and used game policy they got rid of it before launch.

-Understood that fans wanted to download instead of stream games with Game Pass.

-Saw that PS Plus was giving away free games every month and decided to do that as well.

-Brought back backwards compatibility.

-Embraces certain Cross Platform Online Play

DId Not Listen:

-Canceled Scalebound and Fable Legends (Look what they did to this IP!).

-Forced Kinect bundle with Xbox One Early On

Sony

Listened:

-PS3 fans were jealous of 360 achievements so implemented Trophies.

-Made PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale a game that mostly existed as a forum fan dream concept.

-Did NOT cancel The Last Guardian.

-Scooped up Kojima's Next Game project.

-Gave Freedom Wars a physical release (in Europe) just because fans asked.

-Crash Bandicoot Remaster.

-Fixed Gran Turismo Sport

Did Not Listen:

-No 4K Blu Ray Support for PS4 Pro

-Vita Memory Cards Remained Ridiculously High

Nintendo

Listened:

-Voice acting in Breath of the Wild.

-Unified Online Account

-Added a second analog stick to New 3DS

-Fan feedback for Smash Character

Did Not Listen:

-Sill no Pokemon MMO (Pokemon Go) or Full 3D mainline console Pokemon (Until Switch version hopefully)

-Metroid Prime Federation Force

-Still no trophy or achievement system

-Ignoring Virtual Console

So Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft if you are reading this I hope this helps you understand how fans feel about feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Sony, hands down. They're focused on what gamers want and that's what they were built on. On the other side of the Spectrum we have Nintendo who does whatever the hell they want and more often than not...people still buy their stuff. If Nintendo could just use that other ear, they could really go places, even further than Switch is taking them. Hopefully the new president will put Nintendo's expectations in line with the gamer's expectations.

Sony, easily.

Afterwards, it's between Nintendo and Microsoft for a distant 2nd.

Sony > Microsoft > Nintendo

Any company on the brink has to listen to their consumers. So it's Sony, easily.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
Any company on the brink has to listen to their consumers. So it's Sony, easily.

Didnt knew sony whas still on the brink?

I thought they had massive profits these couple of years?

Ontopic: def sony and nintendo.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
IkePoR said:

Didnt knew sony whas still on the brink?

I thought they had massive profits these couple of years?

Ontopic: def sony and nintendo.

They started listening when they were and have since repeated what fans responded well to.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

At the moment I'll say Sony has listened more. Nintendo is just now starting to listen more,which will bode well for them, but over the long term imo its been Sony

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Sony. It's why they're number one consistently.

a bigger thing you could listen to for Nintendo than the analogue nub on the 3ds would be the fact that the switch is region free.... also that day 1 their eshop now has 100% of releases available, many up there weeks beforehead for download and pre loading to your system for launch night.

Nintendo being so far behind what Microsoft had on offer with their online services was really something I'm delighted they got sorted out.

Achievements and Trophies would be cool... they're in some games like Smash and such with the wall of achievements in those games, but a system wide achievements system would show their really listening.

as for who listens/ed the best? Would have to say it's Sony, the PS3/4 are basically games machines through and through, with the ps4 it was designed as a cheap gaming machine (as in... it is cheap and offers gaming) but they made sure that pretty much every dollar spent on the machine was for gaming features, no gimmicks, just games and a controller.

As for the OP's list of "what fans want" really don't think there is a lot of fans torn up that the console can't play 4k UHD disks, I mean really how many of those are available now? in my area they're pretty much just in one store and a selection of them so limited you could count on one hand. And sure... you can go online and buy them, but if you have the internet you also probably have the ability to get Netflix with UHD 4k shows on there to cheer you up that the ps4 doesn't play those disks.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive