By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sonic Forces sells more on Switch than any other console combined

Barkley said:

Oh dear, how did that many people on Switch get tricked into buying it?

Though the switch version is superior, it only runs at 30fps and the less you see of that game the better.

I thought it ran worse than the PS4 and XB1 versions?

Around the Network
Qwark said:
If it proves anything it's that people who own a PS4 or Xbox One have better taste when it comes to games which feature a blue hedgehog.

its not nice to lie like that :O

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Given the game, I wouldn't consider this a great milestone to represent the Switch or its userbase XD;

Alkibiádēs said:
Qwark said:
If it proves anything it's that people who own a PS4 or Xbox One have better taste when it comes to games which feature a blue hedgehog.

*Looks at the best selling PS4 games and sees nothing but yearly iterations of Fifa and CoD*

So? 

Yay?

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
sonic should just be exclusive to Nintendo or just give the IP to Nintendo is what I really want xD

The last sonic I really enjoyed was Sonic - Lost World on the 3ds.
Simply because it kinda reminds me about of galaxy.

I wouldnt mind nintendo getting the IP, and if they made a new game in the Lost World vaine, that would be okay.
I think Sonic should drop the timer + raceing elements, and focus on the level designs that worked in a 3D sonic.
Sonic Lost World wasnt a bad game.

Have you played Mania?

Darwinianevolution said:
By the way, seeing this makes me wonder why hasn't Sega released a retail version of Sonic Mania. I guess they want to maximize those sweet digital sales, though.

That is strange, considering how well that game has performed.  Maybe they'll whip up some additional levels and release a retail version that includes the new content this holiday, and charge $30 for it, to get some of us to double dip.  

Barkley said:

Oh dear, how did that many people on Switch get tricked into buying it?

Though the switch version is superior, it only runs at 30fps and the less you see of that game the better.

Sometimes, you just don't make any sense.

Not too surprising. Despite Sega and Nintendo's history of being major rivals, their games are actually quite similar in some ways (minus the quality drop off of most Sega games as compared to many Nintendo games of late).

I actually chose to review the game on XB One mainly because of the superior graphics and achievements, though I guess the portability of the Switch makes it almost even depending on what your preferences are.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I'm not sure if having the best selling version of Sonic Forces is really a thing to be proud of.