By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sonic Forces sells more on Switch than any other console combined

KLAMarine said:
I enjoyed the game. Made myself an adorable pink bunny with a punk look.

That sounds cool, actually!

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
By the way, seeing this makes me wonder why hasn't Sega released a retail version of Sonic Mania. I guess they want to maximize those sweet digital sales, though.

This must be the reason, I guess.

JRPGfan said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
sonic should just be exclusive to Nintendo or just give the IP to Nintendo is what I really want xD

The last sonic I really enjoyed was Sonic - Lost World on the 3ds.
Simply because it kinda reminds me about of galaxy.

I wouldnt mind nintendo getting the IP, and if they made a new game in the Lost World vaine, that would be okay.
I think Sonic should drop the timer + raceing elements, and focus on the level designs that worked in a 3D sonic.
Sonic Lost World wasnt a bad game.

I'm just confused how they had a great formula with generations between modern and classic sonic,but then completely miffed up the mechanics in forces the way they did. Forces with its ideas,story shouldve been vastly superior to generations in every way,but it seemed rushed

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

RolStoppable said:
GoOnKid said:

This must be the reason, I guess.

I remember an interview with the developer of Sonic Forces where it was made clear that 3D Sonic must be ensured to stay above 2D Sonic. If Sonic Mania was released physically, it would be too much of a threat to the cause.

Like an imbalance of power sort of thing. Interesting.

If it proves anything it's that people who own a PS4 or Xbox One have better taste when it comes to games which feature a blue hedgehog.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

"But third party games don't sell on Nintendo consoles"

Lol.

People need to realize that Nintendo fans simply have different tastes compared to PS / Xbox fans.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Qwark said:
If it proves anything it's that people who own a PS4 or Xbox One have better taste when it comes to games which feature a blue hedgehog.

*Looks at the best selling PS4 games and sees nothing but yearly iterations of Fifa and CoD*

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Qwark said:

*Looks at the best selling PS4 games and sees nothing but yearly iterations of Fifa and CoD*

Isn't GTA V the best selling PS4 game and didn't Uncharted and Horizon both sell north of 7.5 million in one year. Also non of those games feature a blue hedgehog.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

And yet Sega announces a Sega Genesis Classics collection...on PS4 and Xbone...and not Switch. When will they learn, lol.

Not something I would boast xD Hopefully Sonic Team can get their shit together