By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sonic Forces sells more on Switch than any other console combined

That's a bit surprising, since it runs the worst on Switch

Guess Switch owners like Sonic :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Well yeah, it was a pretty mediocre game, but I see it more as - if a mediocre third party title can sell decent on Nintendo hardware one would think a GOOD third party multiplat could sell gangbusters. Perhaps that's my Nintendo bias putting a positive spin on it but that's really more how I see it :P

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Smartie900 said:
JRPGfan said:

The last sonic I really enjoyed was Sonic - Lost World on the 3ds.
Simply because it kinda reminds me about of galaxy.

I wouldnt mind nintendo getting the IP, and if they made a new game in the Lost World vaine, that would be okay.
I think Sonic should drop the timer + raceing elements, and focus on the level designs that worked in a 3D sonic.
Sonic Lost World wasnt a bad game.

Have you played Mania?

I never really was into the whole Sonic 2D platform racer aspect..... I much rather be playing a Mario game then.
But I got Lost World because it had elements like in Mario Galaxy, and felt that was the "right" way to take sonic into 3D.

But no I havnt played Mania.

They feel pretty badly about those numbers, cause Sonic Mania reviewed and sold alot better.

curl-6 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
This is only good if it mean they'll bring us a Sonic Unleashed/Generations doublepack on Switch.

Or better yet, you know, an actual new quality Sonic game.

It almost seems like too much to ask anymore.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Despite the quality of the game, it's another sign that third party games are doing ok on Switch.

Sonic might as well be a Nintendo exclusive tbh.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Sonic might as well be a Nintendo exclusive tbh.

Or at least make Switch the lead platform. It makes no sense for the best selling version of your game to be as hacked down as Forces on Switch was.

Makes you wonder why the Genesis collection is not on Switch. There must be another reason than Sega just didn't want to

Qwark said:
If it proves anything it's that people who own a PS4 or Xbox One have better taste when it comes to games which feature a blue hedgehog.

You're talking about Mania? I think it also sold best on Switch. I could be wrong idk

We reap what we sow