By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sonic Forces sells more on Switch than any other console combined

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Sonic Mania wasnt poor quality and it probably sold best on switch..... Is there a point your trying to make with nintendo.... or sega/konami? Im gonna guess the former

Sonic Forces is what we’re talking about here though. I’m just wondering - how do poor games sell so well on the Switch? Add 1-2 Switch to the list.

As many games reported good sales on Switch: How do good games sell so well on the Switch?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

This is Sega's fault. Thre is no way you can have so many potential customers world wide and still appeal to one base. Now, you can always make the Japanese argument about Xbox not selling and their base being less partial to Japanese games, but Sonic is broad appeal. I just blame Sega for not reaching players of other consoles. It seems like a marketing fail.

CosmicSex said:
This is Sega's fault. Thre is no way you can have so many potential customers world wide and still appeal to one base. Now, you can always make the Japanese argument about Xbox not selling and their base being less partial to Japanese games, but Sonic is broad appeal. I just blame Sega for not reaching players of other consoles. It seems like a marketing fail.

The Switch version wasn't marketed any better than the PS4 or Xbone versions though. Nintendo's base simply tend to be more partial to colourful platformers than owners of other systems.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 March 2018

There's no official numbers or words from Sega and people are already pushing narratives. Be careful guys

We reap what we sow