By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sonic Forces sells more on Switch than any other console combined

HoangNhatAnh said:
KratosDrake said:
another proof that Switch owners have low standards, but nothing new after the sucess of games like splatoon and the excessive praise of Zelda BOTW

Agree, just like Knack sales, all reviews also have very low standard when didn't choose Knack as GOTY 2013

Knack sucks ass. It shouldn't even try to be GOTY

Knack 2, on the other hand, is GOTY every single year!

Around the Network

Who cares about Sonic Forces.

WHAT ABOUT SONIC MANIA!!!

I LOVE ICELAND!

Flilix said:
Nem said:

You're making alot of assumptions.

It's simpler than that. Switch is a family friendly Nintendo console. It appeals more to parents and younger audiences wich are more likely to get a Sonic title despite the quality level.

I doubt Sega fans are majorly on the switch. I doubt they are majorly on anywhere specificly. As when good Sonic games come out, they sell well on the "twins". Actually, i wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Mania sold much more on PS4 just cause of the installed base.

So, lets not read more than what is here. Sonic forces sold more on switch according to VGC despite appauling ratings. Good? Not sure i'd consider it good cause it's helping perpetuate a series of games with dwindling quality. Hopefully, it doesn't dilute the message too much.

I was talking about the Sonic fanbase specifically, not the Sega fanbase. Nintendo is indeed the most family-friendly console maker, which is why I'm assuming that most Sonic fans own a Switch.

Well... i'm probably one of the most hardcore Sonic fans in this website and i don't have one. I can see where the idea can come because of the exclusivity contract on Wii U, but if we look at Sonic generations sales, we can see they are on both. It's really just the Switch audience imo, not specifically Sonic fans.

Nem said:

Actually, i wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Mania sold much more on PS4 just cause of the installed base.

Out of curiosity, why would Mania sell much better on PS4 but Forces sell much better on Switch?

Rocketjay8 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Agree, just like Knack sales, all reviews also have very low standard when didn't choose Knack as GOTY 2013

Knack sucks ass. It shouldn't even try to be GOTY

Knack 2, on the other hand, is GOTY every single year!

What are you talking about? Sales, critic reviews and quality gameplay of Knack put everything to shame, and Knack 2, anyone don't have a ps4 to play it aren't deserve to be called a real gamer

Around the Network

@nem

No doubt in my mind that Sonic Mania sold the best on Switch and that Sonic Racing game will also sell better on Switch. Crash Bandicoot N'sane Trilogy will sell better than on Xbox One (not PS4 though, but that's normal as those games are PS classics and PS4 has a much bigger userbase).

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

And it should. Sonic has such a big history with Nintendo and seeing it succeed on what use to be its rival platform is incredible. Nintendos audience was not much different to Segas.

This only suggests that switch owners are more likely to buy mediocre games as long as a popular mascot is included. But we already knew that. The same happens all the time with kirby games.

Azzanation said:
And it should. Sonic has such a big history with Nintendo and seeing it succeed on what use to be its rival platform is incredible. Nintendos audience was not much different to Segas.

Yeah, as someone who remembers the old 16-bit wars, it still feels simultaneously weird and awesome to see Sonic on Nintendo systems, even when it's been happening for like 15 years now. Not really surprising though, Nintendo is the natural home for platformers. I expect Crash Bandicoot will do very well on Switch also.

I think somebody already said it but I think going forwards on Switch we'll see quite a few games that aren't shooters or sports titles selling better than the PS4/Xbone versions.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 March 2018

last92 said:
This only suggests that switch owners are more likely to buy mediocre games as long as a popular mascot is included. But we already knew that. The same happens all the time with kirby games.

Just like Knack sell well on ps4