By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sonic Forces sells more on Switch than any other console combined

Well, according to VGC. It's something!

Congratulations, Sonic. I guess. Many people predicted that this is exactly what would happen because it's a game that fits the Switch well. They were right. What do we learn from this?

1) There is no rivalry between Sonic and Mario anymore. Those fights are long since gone.

2) PS and Xbox fans pretend like he doesn't exist.

How do you think Sega feels with such numbers? Hint: the numbers aren't all that hot. Just a bit under a million all three platforms combined. BUT! It may have legs. And they've gotta go fast.

Around the Network

Smart people.

I guess that was to be expected. Nintendo fans have more consideration for old franchises, plus the fact it is a platformer. What are the numbers of the game when combining all platforms? It must've been pretty profitable, even with low sales.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Oh dear, how did that many people on Switch get tricked into buying it?

Though the switch version is superior, it only runs at 30fps and the less you see of that game the better.

I enjoyed the game. Made myself an adorable pink bunny with a punk look.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Smart people.

Just watched a gameplay playthrough video to see what the gameplay was like.

Yep... other things Id rather play than Sonic Forces tbh.

Barkley said:

Oh dear, how did that many people on Switch get tricked into buying it?

Though the switch version is superior, it only runs at 30fps and the less you see of that game the better.

This made me laugh.

sonic should just be exclusive to Nintendo or just give the IP to Nintendo is what I really want xD

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I would love official numbers.

PwerlvlAmy said:
sonic should just be exclusive to Nintendo or just give the IP to Nintendo is what I really want xD

The last sonic I really enjoyed was Sonic - Lost World on the 3ds.
Simply because it kinda reminds me about of galaxy.

I wouldnt mind nintendo getting the IP, and if they made a new game in the Lost World vaine, that would be okay.
I think Sonic should drop the timer + raceing elements, and focus on the level designs that worked in a 3D sonic.
Sonic Lost World wasnt a bad game.

By the way, seeing this makes me wonder why hasn't Sega released a retail version of Sonic Mania. I guess they want to maximize those sweet digital sales, though.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.