By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendos 2018 Line up is pretty boring for me, so far

Platina said:

The Switch is probably not for you

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=233716&page=1

Here's the text from that post for those who are interested:

Pagan wrote:

Hey people. I just sold all of my consoles. I am console free now. Thought of holding the switch but nah. Just my PC left. But also just for printing something, writing emails and for sure my crypto wallets. 

Why i did that? Gaming is boring. My first "console" was a c64. So i have seen all of the generations. I have a son  now. He is better than every game with a 100 Meta Score.

I really feel free. I am happy about that. Just wanted to tell that to the vgchartz. I will not miss it.

Regards.

Makes the entire thread concept moot, doesn't it?

We all go through gaming lulls.  Sometimes they even happen when games are at their best, but our disposition makes us easily reject them.  Don't fight it and the desire for gaming (console or pc) will return...or it won't.  But we're not going to be able to help you change your mind or care more than you do.  There's plenty other hobbies waiting to be explored.

Around the Network

Unless Pokemon, Metroid Prime 4 or Animal Crossing Switch is announced, I won't be buying any Nintendo games this year. I have SSB on Wii U and don't care for it all that much. The only SSB that I loved (and also own) is Melee so a new title won't interest me. If it's a port, again, why would I get it when I felt Meh about it when I played it on Wii U and further more, why wouldn't I just fucking play it on my Wii U?

This is no indictment on Nintendo, just my personal tastes. Unless a new version of one of those three games I mentioned releases, I won't be buying anything.

super_etecoon said:
Platina said:

The Switch is probably not for you

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=233716&page=1

Here's the text from that post for those who are interested:

Pagan wrote:

Hey people. I just sold all of my consoles. I am console free now. Thought of holding the switch but nah. Just my PC left. But also just for printing something, writing emails and for sure my crypto wallets. 

Why i did that? Gaming is boring. My first "console" was a c64. So i have seen all of the generations. I have a son  now. He is better than every game with a 100 Meta Score.

I really feel free. I am happy about that. Just wanted to tell that to the vgchartz. I will not miss it.

Regards.

Makes the entire thread concept moot, doesn't it?

We all go through gaming lulls.  Sometimes they even happen when games are at their best, but our disposition makes us easily reject them.  Don't fight it and the desire for gaming (console or pc) will return...or it won't.  But we're not going to be able to help you change your mind or care more than you do.  There's plenty other hobbies waiting to be explored.

Yea, gaming is not meant to consume our lives. Not everyone is gonna be able to buy most of these games, let alone play them. Not enough money or time. It can be hard to grasp for some, but there is more to life than gaming. I haven't even finished Bayonetta 1 and haven't started 2 since I've been busy.

its pretty barren if you owned a wiiu/ps4, and don't care for ports.

Its definitely an underwhelming year so far based on 2017's hype and momentum. Perosnal tatse is one thing but there just is not a lot of actual new titles being released. But when you put it in context in a typical Nintendo year its not a bad start, their heavy hitters just seem to be leaning to Q3/4 rather than Q1/2. Kirby, Labo, Mario Tennis + like 4 ports. I think they've carefully calculated the lineup and know they can ride 2017's momentum for a bit and push their biggest titles out further and spread out the love.

The Switch should soon hopefully have at least 1/2 the third party support we saw on the 3DS, but its seems Japanese developers were cautious until sales came in. For me this is one place Switch should succeed where other Nintendo home consoles have failed.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Ck1x said:
The fact that Nintendo just announced Smashbros and its coming out this year should tell us we have no clue what the full line-up will look like for 2018.

Pretty much.

2 months ago we didnt know about Nintendo Labo, Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Tennis, Captain Toad, Smash Bros, Okami, Crash, South Park, The World Ends With You, Dark Souls, etc.

All of those games were announced in by March 8 and pretty much all of them will release by July so its safe to assume we know next to nothing about the August-December lineup.

Agree, Nintendo so far were focusing on March-Summer releases, and dont forget Ys 8 and Little Nightmares, probably only game that we know for sure for now that coming on Switch in August-December period is Smash Bros. so basically we still don't know almost nothing about Switch lineup for that August-December period.

I perfectly agree. In my eyes, Nintendo released all the great, typical system-sellers titles in the first months after the Switch release (probably in order to get create hype for and boost sales of the Switch), and now there's a long period of drought.
I can honestly say that there's currently not a single announced Switch game that I am excited for. And since Zelda released for WiiU as well, the latest Mario is still the only game that even makes me want to own a Switch.

ArnoldRimmer said:
I perfectly agree. In my eyes, Nintendo released all the great, typical system-sellers titles in the first months after the Switch release (probably in order to get create hype for and boost sales of the Switch), and now there's a long period of drought.
I can honestly say that there's currently not a single announced Switch game that I am excited for. And since Zelda released for WiiU as well, the latest Mario is still the only game that even makes me want to own a Switch.

Nintendo didn’t release even 1/3 of their system sellers tho. Pokémon, Super Smash Bros., 2D Mario and Animal Crossing are all bigger games than any game Nintendo released so far, excluding MK8 Deluxe, which is a port and should get a sequel eventually (well, maybe except AC, but seeing how many series are breaking their records on Switch, I’d not be surprised if it sold 15m~20m). 

I don’t see a drought either. I’m assuming you mean exclusives, since third party and indie games and constantly releasing on the system. Feb got Bayonetta 2 + 1, March has Kirby Star Allies, April got Labo 1 and 2, May have DKCTF and Hyrule Warriors DE, June has Mario Tennis Aces and July has Captain Toad Treasure Tracker. At least 1 exclusive each month. If they’re good for a specific person, that’s another question... but there really is not a drought from any perspective. You can say you don’t like any of those games, and that’s ok.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

This year is definitely underwhelming compared to last year. Zelda on its own could carry the whole year, SMO was just an extremely awesome added bonus.

This year we've got Mario tennis and smash, both are meh to me and really aren't blockbuster level amazing.

Compared to that PS4 and Xbox One have increasingly amazing years with high-quality games pushing the boundaries of gaming each year from Witcher 3, Destiny, Fallout 4, MGSV, GTA 5 and HZD to this year's RDR2, Division 2 and GoW. All these games have amazing production quality, blockbuster levels of graphics and are just amazing.

This is extremely disappointing, turn-based RPG's, old ports and pixel art platformers cannot carry a whole year.

adisababa said:
This year is definitely underwhelming compared to last year. Zelda on its own could carry the whole year, SMO was just an extremely awesome added bonus.

This year we've got Mario tennis and smash, both are meh to me and really aren't blockbuster level amazing.

Compared to that PS4 and Xbox One have increasingly amazing years with high-quality games pushing the boundaries of gaming each year from Witcher 3, Destiny, Fallout 4, MGSV, GTA 5 and HZD to this year's RDR2, Division 2 and GoW. All these games have amazing production quality, blockbuster levels of graphics and are just amazing.

This is extremely disappointing, turn-based RPG's, old ports and pixel art platformers cannot carry a whole year.

The Switch just passed its first birthday. As you pointed out with the PS4 and Xbone, the consoles had increasingly amazing years so they had their rough patches initially (though more Xbone than PS4). Things didn't necessarily get off the ground in terms of great games till later. 

We're going at this because the Switch had a first year unlike most consoles ever had, including the PS4 and Xbone.

You named a good amount of great games, but there were also games like Assassin's Creed Unity, Watch Dogs, Knack, Ryse, Rainbow Six Seige, Battlefield Hardline, CoD: Ghosts, and, to some extent, Destiny that either disappointed or were ok games, especially early on in the generation.