By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendos 2018 Line up is pretty boring for me, so far

It looks like i am the only person on the planet who not only dislikes smash but really hates it.

I have tried it on my 64, GC and on my WiiU but it never clicked. I just bought Ryu to play with "standard" controlls. I am really bad at it and i really cant do anyrhing with that. 3 tries should be enough to tell that i cant play that game.

Now to the direct. Luigis mansion 3ds. I dont have a 3ds. Sushi mushi game. Not for me. Aces, maybe i will try it. Splatoon is nothing for me. South park played already. Okami played already. No More Heroes is not what i thought it would be. Dark souls played already.

2 games for me or 3. Maybe south park double dip+aces and for sure octopath. Since i hate smash. What left?

We will have FE in November and smash in September i guess or reverse. 2017 was the greatest line up of all time. I ADORE Zelda. I like Mario. I got both. That was the year of Dreams for me. But the 2018 line up is so weak for me. I think my switch will stay in my Basement until 2019.

If Metroid, PKMN and Bayo 3 will be shown at E3 and at least one of them will be a 2018 title i will take everything back but so far i rated the direct with 2 points for 2 games which were on my radar.

Anyone else feels that way?

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
You know what else is boring?

Not Zelda?

Are you not into Yoshi/Kirby ? The latter comes out next week and seems a good entry

Luke888 said:
Are you not into Yoshi/Kirby ? The latter comes out next week and seems a good entry

Oh i forgott about kirby. Yes i will buy Kirby but this will still not rescue 2018 for me. Octopath is really big. I am extremely Pumped for that. It will defenetly not be my BotW experience which i will never ever experienxe again but even with octopath as i said looks not good at least for me.

It wasn't for you, keep in mind this was just a Nintendo Direct, 30 mins of bonus news on upcoming games, compare it to the shows that MS and Sony have put out so far this year of the games they're getting ready for 2018/19 on those systems.

also

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mZuzek said:
You know what else is boring?

People repeating the same thing over and over again?

Really? So there was someone saying that 2017 was his/her years of Dreams but 2018 is boring and smash is not for him/her? Well thats interesting. Show me that Thread plz. Thx in Forecast for finding my twin.

Octopath Traveller alone renders your opinion useless.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 11 March 2018

Eh, so far Nintendo have concentrated on spring/summer - so maybe there'll be more in the second-half of the year.

Wait till E3. I'm assuming you like JRPGS, given you're looking forward to Octopath Traveler: things like Dragon Quest XI, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Fire Emblem and Pokemon might be autumn/winter releases for Switch in 2018.

And no, I'm not disappointed. There's a mixture of things I want to replay (Crash trilogy (only played original versions), Okami HD), third-party stuff that's new to me (Dark Souls, Ys 8), and new titles (Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveler, Splatoon 2 expansion) that'll keep me very busy over summer. I mean, that's 6 game purchases and an expansion over a 2/3 month period, which is great for me.

Last edited by Asriel - on 10 March 2018

What about Fire Emblem, DragonQuest Builders, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Pillars of Eternity II and Ys VIII? Since you like Octopath you might like those games too.