By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendos 2018 Line up is pretty boring for me, so far

I do have a similar opinion: The only game from the last Direct that I will surely buy is Octopath Traveler. But it is my issue since I dont like 2D plattformers nor fighting games.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
i know a great movie you would like groundhog day

That is truly a great movie. 

kirby007 said:
i know a great movie you would like groundhog day

Comparing Nintendo's 2018 line up with 2014, it looks like it's going to be a groundhog year.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

The Switch is probably not for you

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=233716&page=1

Last edited by Platina - on 11 March 2018

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I love Smash, but my favorite was Brawl, both because outside of Snake it had a really good roster, and because it had a TON of single player content, especially a really big, elaborate Adventure Mode. To me, that was great, because I really don't play online that much. I know for a lot of people, Smash is all about fighting other players, which is fair. But to ME, I just don't do that much, so personally I really enjoyed just how much single player content there WAS in Brawl. Then the uninspired, non-subtitled Wii U game came out, and it felt like an empty room by comparison. Yes, the graphics were better, yes there were even more fighters (even though Sakurai took out the Ice Climbers for the dumbest of reasons). But the modes, outside of literally just fighting other players, was VERY sparse. There was nothing single player of any real value, in my opinion, and it felt like a mostly wasted purchase on my part because of it.

So with this NEXT Smash, if it really IS a new game, and not just a cheap port of Wii U which would honestly make more sense with the way Nintendo's been operating lately, it would be NICE if they would get back to form. Hopefully Sakurai got whatever dumbass mood he was in with Wii U/3DS out of his system, and now they are going to focus on JUST one platform game, and they're going to give us an ACTUAL Adventure Mode again, whether people can *GASP* put spoilers of the cut scenes on Youtube or NOT. And in general just pack the game with content. Actually GIVE me reasons to play it, outside of versing people online. And please, don't just throw in useless, non-Nintendo related characters, just to throw them in there.

As for the Switch itself overall, I personally still don't own one. There just hasn't been anything to WOW me and make me feel like "NOW I need to have one for ____". There hasn't been that game or games yet for me. A new, gorgeous HD Wave Race would be that game, as I've been waiting for one forever. A Pikmin 4 that fixes all the stupid shit they changed for no good reason in Pikmin 3, could be that game. A Star Fox that, for ONCE, isn't saddled with some pointless gimmick, and gets back to what made SF64 great, could be that game.

But for now, more 2.5D Yoshi and Kirby, while neat, doesn't make me NEED to own the console. A new Metroid Prime, which who knows what it'll be like with Retro NOT making it, doesn't make me NEED it. So we'll see. I'm sure I'll get one eventually, but they really need to focus on more NEW games, and less ports and remasters. It's GOOD that Switch is getting (for now) some fairly strong support. But I am really not that rebuying games.

Around the Network

I wish there was a little more 3rd party support. But I think Mario tennis will be awesome. Also stoked about octopath and other games as well. I think Nintendo is smart to use some of their awesome Wii U hits to spread content throughout 2018. I think Nintendo will have an awesome 2019. Just hope they can carry momentum until then.

Not every game is gonna appeal to everyone. I don’t think this is a foreign concept. It applies to PS4, PC, Xbone, and other consoles in a given year. I think Nintendo is fine for now. Third parties are mostly playing catch up and I doubt they’re putting more developers into creating original games until later on in the Switch’s life (outside of a particular few). And Nintendo and its subsidiary teams/partners are already hard at work with other projects.

Here’s what we know from Nintendo and it’s teams/partners for this year and beyond:
Super Smash Bros.
Bayonetta 3 (developed by Platinum Games)
Metroid Prime 4 (presumably co-developed with Bandai Namco)
Pokémon
Pikmin 4 (presumably)
Yoshi
Fire Emblem
Mario Tennis Aces
Kirby Star Allies

That’s a pretty good amount of games being developed (or in Kirby’s case, completed) under Nintendo’s umbrella whether you care for them or not.

Take this time to focus on 3rd parties and indies. Attack on Titan 2 and Atelier Lydie and suelle release this month if those interest you.

Personally, I’m not getting any first party Nintendo game so far this year besides Smash and Fire Emblem. The rest of the games are third parties, the two previously mentioned, Ys 8, Shining Resonance, Wolfenstein 2, Battle Chasers and Crash are preordered. Which is totally fine with me tbh. This has been a nice break to catch up with games and sink time into them.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I’m just glad captain toad is getting a switch version! Best Wii U game ever!

You realize there will be many dozens more games coming out this year than what has been announced right?