By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 8): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - February 19-25, 2018

For everyone who is saying that MGSurvive is a flop. Its not. SWBF2 was also not a flop. People are buying ingame currencies. There is the money. Not in the sales. Konami is pretty happy.

Around the Network

MHW should be at 2m physical soon. With the digital sales from just the first few days, it should already be around 2,5m.
Would be interesting to see how digital sales continued after the first week.

duduspace1 said:
Switch back on top after MHW effect but still around 40k baseline. Question is, is this true baseline or is there still stock constraint impact ?

Nintendo recently said that while you may not find a Switch in the first store you check out, they've now generally supplied them to the point where if you check a few other stores, you should find one.
So it's probably close to what the baseline would look like normally. Considering the games that Nintendo have (or rather haven't) announced for 2018.

Last edited by Hiku - on 28 February 2018

The few coming weeks will reveal whether or not retail PS4 stock issues are of any significance, like Amazon is suggesting to be the case.

Switch hardware baseline is FAR lower than I expected it to be. Both Heihachi KiMishima's statement and Amazon point towards a fairly constant Switch availability.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Road to 2 Million retail for Monster Hunter!

PS4 hardware is doing good!

Around the Network

As expected. MHW bump wore off, Switch back on top. Still MHW killing it in software. Its truly a monster, pun intended

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Switch is in first year and is selling incredibly well WW. We know it has potential in japan so it noy being a huge success now isnt a big deal since it will eventually pick up later with no competition and huge system seller AND being handheld.

The thing is Switch is selling wonders in NA/most of Eu so once japan picks up it will be unstoppable.

Very good result for Girls und Panzers. Above Vita version in its time iirc, which is very impressive. Asian version is selling like hotcakes too.

Senran Kagura Burst Renewal is a lot higher than in Tsutaya. As a remake at that price this seems ok.

Switch is more than 1m behind 3DS launch aligned now.

ryuzaki57 said:

Very good result for Girls und Panzers. Above Vita version in its time iirc, which is very impressive. Asian version is selling like hotcakes too.

Senran Kagura Burst Renewal is a lot higher than in Tsutaya. As a remake at that price this seems ok.

Switch is more than 1m behind 3DS launch aligned now.

Switch is also making much more money so no biggie

It didn't take long before the Switch surpassed the PS4 again. Hopefully PS4 doesn't fall below 30k in the next week, I think a baseline of 30-35k would be decent enough.