By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 8): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - February 19-25, 2018

OTBWY said:
Lawlight said:
Looks like the Switch stock issues are over. Not a bad hold for the PS4 now that the MHW bump is over. It’s been close to 1.5 years without a price drop so this is decent.

How did you conclude that? Last time we got info on the situation there were still huge stock issues going on. BIC and many other big retailers still have signs up. Online is doing better sure, but those sell out quick so my guess is the online stock is low as well. I don't see any sign otherwise.

He’s been saying that since Last year, don’t pay attention. We know There’s still stock issues

Around the Network

Green098 said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Ps4 will be 25-30k until a big release. Switch 40k is really bad. At this rate it won't outsell the ps4 until year 2020 and that's when ps5 arrives

Switch was doing worse than 40k a week at some points if I remember correctly last year too. 

Yep it had a dozen weeks in the 20-30k range last year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Maynard_Tool said:
OTBWY said:

How did you conclude that? Last time we got info on the situation there were still huge stock issues going on. BIC and many other big retailers still have signs up. Online is doing better sure, but those sell out quick so my guess is the online stock is low as well. I don't see any sign otherwise.

He’s been saying that since Last year, don’t pay attention. We know There’s still stock issues

You can go check for yourself. Or you can just carry on being in denial.

40k/week isn't near enough in Japan for Nintendo to come close to their goal of 20 mil next FY. Really hope things pick up in the next few months.

Lawlight said:
OTBWY said:

Based on the fact that the Switch is available on Amazon JP and apparently it’s been available for a couple of weeks now.

Ok. And what does that have to do with it being largely sold out at most major retailers. So Amazon JP (I already addressed this) gave you the idea that stock issues are over? Wew I thought it was actually something.

It has major stock issues and still selling more than the PS4 in Japan. Relatively fast after a major well loved exclusive. That is the situation my dude.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Lawlight said:
Looks like the Switch stock issues are over. Not a bad hold for the PS4 now that the MHW bump is over. It’s been close to 1.5 years without a price drop so this is decent.

Kimishima recently stated that stock issues still exist but its much better than last year.

Basically you cant just walk into any store and expect to see it in stock but if you check a few stores than you have a decent chance of finding one.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Megiddo said:
40k/week isn't near enough in Japan for Nintendo to come close to their goal of 20 mil next FY. Really hope things pick up in the next few months.

They had a dozen weeks in the 20-30k range last year and will have 15m for the FY.

OTBWY said:
Lawlight said:

Based on the fact that the Switch is available on Amazon JP and apparently it’s been available for a couple of weeks now.

Ok. And what does that have to do with it being largely sold out at most major retailers. So Amazon JP (I already addressed this) gave you the idea that stock issues are over? Wew I thought it was actually something.

It has major stock issues and still selling more than the PS4 in Japan. Relatively fast after a major well loved exclusive. That is the situation my dude.

What does that have to do with it being largely sold out at major retailers? Oh nothing at all. Only that people can still buy the Switch if they wanted one...

Lawlight said:
Maynard_Tool said:

You can go check for yourself. Or you can just carry on being in denial.

Sure, you’ve been saying the same for like 8 months now, so now I have to believe you? And not Nintendo itself? Really?

Lawlight said:
OTBWY said:

What does that have to do with it being largely sold out at major retailers? Oh nothing at all. Only that people can still buy the Switch if they wanted one...

So even though it's not widely available through all channels the stock issues are all over. Ok.