By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 8): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - February 19-25, 2018

Pinkie_pie said:
Ps4 will be 25-30k until a big release. Switch 40k is really bad. At this rate it won't outsell the ps4 until year 2020 and that's when ps5 arrives

40k in a week with no releases and still that weird stock situation is not that bad though. It still have a good shot at outselling PS4 in Japan.



Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network



MHW nearing 2m retail. Excellent.

Ps4 hardware nearing 6.5m. I wonder how long Sony will hold out before the next price cut.



PS4's run at the top is over



Happy to see Metal Gear Survive flop. Switch is stable at 40k, PS4's MHW bump seems over. I wonder where it'll settle for PS4.



Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Switch back to #1 it really is holding that 40k zone! Lets see what Kirby and Labo can do to it!

Switch games continues to flash its legs!!!



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Pinkie_pie said:
Ps4 will be 25-30k until a big release. Switch 40k is really bad. At this rate it won't outsell the ps4 until year 2020 and that's when ps5 arrives

Switch was doing worse than 40k a week at some points if I remember correctly last year too. But it had huge weeks from big software releases and the holidays. A couple 100k-500k weeks during the holidays and big release weeks throughout the year could fairly easily off set those numbers. I still expect 4-5 million this year alone for Switch in Japan. Especially if a Pokemon or Animal Crossing is even just revealed in that time.

Last edited by Green098 - on 28 February 2018

Looks like the Switch stock issues are over. Not a bad hold for the PS4 now that the MHW bump is over. It’s been close to 1.5 years without a price drop so this is decent.



Lawlight said:
Looks like the Switch stock issues are over. Not a bad hold for the PS4 now that the MHW bump is over. It’s been close to 1.5 years without a price drop so this is decent.

How did you conclude that? Last time we got info on the situation there were still huge stock issues going on. BIC and many other big retailers still have signs up. Online is doing better sure, but those sell out quick so my guess is the online stock is low as well. I don't see any sign otherwise.



OTBWY said:
Lawlight said:
Looks like the Switch stock issues are over. Not a bad hold for the PS4 now that the MHW bump is over. It’s been close to 1.5 years without a price drop so this is decent.

How did you conclude that? Last time we got info on the situation there were still huge stock issues going on. BIC and many other big retailers still have signs up. Online is doing better sure, but those sell out quick so my guess is the online stock is low as well. I don't see any sign otherwise.

Based on the fact that the Switch is available on Amazon JP and apparently it’s been available for a couple of weeks now.