By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Video: Bayonetta 3 is more important for sales than Pokemon Switch

Bayonetta needs every sale it can get. Come on now pokemon still sells like crack whenever one releases no matter what game it is. Just look at the sales on this website compared to Bayonetta. I loved Bayonetta 1 and 2 I guess it's time to buy a switch soon bruh

Around the Network

Just no, I'm not for a moment suggesting that Bayo 3 isn't an important game, but really to Nintendo Pokemon is up there or above Mario on popularity.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I really don’t understand why Nintendo wastes money on this bad franchise. I will never buy this. A new Ninja Gaiden would be so much better.

From the title of the thread, I'd agree. Pokemon we already know will sell like ''the chosen one'' of gaming. Bayo 3 is important to prove that its still viable for Nintendo to keep funding these types of games for exclusivity. Long run I see Bayo 3 sales meaning more as a whole

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Bayonetta 3 could sell two million copies and as many Switch units.

Won't trump Pokemon, which will sell 10+ million copies and nearly as many Switch consoles.

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9y-YPYp4Y

The gist of this guy's idea is that Pokemon players come to buy for Pokemon, while a Bayonetta player will buy other games like it. 

...I feel as if that were the case, we'd have evidence of Bayonetta fans buying a lot of Dante or Wonderful 101, which I have never heard evidence of. Plus the idea that Pokemon buyers will only buy Pokemon is a tad odd. 

I mean even as a kid, I got non-Pokemon games on my handhelds. I buy other games for my little sisters's 3DS and she had bought other titles, like Poocy and Yoshi's Whooly World. And I see little reason why Pokemon fans would not bleed over into, say, Mario Kart or such. 

Sure they might not help the sales of Awakening or Link Between Worlds, but the point seems weak. 

Well, even if the bolded is the case, that's one million Bayonetta-fans that buy the system ($300) and Bayonetta+4 other games each at $60 (so another $300). That adds up to 600 million $ overall. While 10 million Pokemon-buyers get the system and only Pokemon (let's say overall $350), which adds up to 3.5 billion $.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Uh, no.  Bayonetta wasn't even that big of a seller when it was originally released on the PS360.  It's LTD sales across both platforms (with a combined install base of over 170m WW) is a little over 2 mil, and Bayo 2 on Wii U did less than half that at 850k.

The Switch's larger install base and the fact that a good chunk of its audience skews older than recent Nintendo consoles is much more important for Bayo 3 sales than Bayo 3 sales are for the Switch.  Pokemon shouldn't even be brought up in this conversation because the vast majority of the console sales it drives are from parents who typically buy their kids Nintendo consoles or handhelds for Pokemon, Mario, and not much else.  Bayonetta is the last game they'll be buying.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I don't agree..  But Bayonetta 3 is another excellent 1st party exclusive.  I'll take all I can get.

Pokemon will sell regardless so that shouldnt even be a problem. Hoping Bayo 3 sells well should be all that matters in the end.

Well, I play a lot of non-Pokémon games, but i will be buying Pokémon, while ignoring Bayo, so the point is kind of moot.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon