By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Well will Bayonetta 2 sell on Switch?

Tagged games:

Enough to justify the port

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

I imagine it can do pretty well if Nintendo chooses to market its release...
I don't think Fire Emblem Heroes is any indication of how Bayonetta 2 will do...
If Echoes is anything to go by, Fire Emblem is experiencing some serious series fatigue...
Additionally, Nintendo didn't exactly go all out to advertise the release of Fire Emblem Heroes...
Combine that with the fact that its release was overshadowed by freaking Mario, and it becomes evident that Nintendo wasn't expecting immense success...

Have a nice day...

bowserthedog said:

I think it does reasonably well.  One problem with your numbers right now is you're comparing lifetime sales of games like Pokken Tournament to just a few months on market Switch.

I was specifically only mentioning Week 1 sales when possible.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
bowserthedog said:

I think it does reasonably well.  One problem with your numbers right now is you're comparing lifetime sales of games like Pokken Tournament to just a few months on market Switch.

I was specifically only mentioning Week 1 sales when possible.

I thought you gave the lifetime sales for Bayonetta 2 in the post.

Not sure if it will do better than the wiiu version but i think it can reach similar numbers if not better. We have to consider that the game was showcased in a event that was seen by a very diversified crowd i mean PS guys, MS guys and foremost PC guys. Bayonetta was re-released recently on Steam so it implies 2 thinks: the Bayonetta brand is still hot in our minds and that a indefinied number of pc users who bought the game and really liked the game are potential sales. In the other hand are the nintendo guys which consist of two parts: former wiiu owners that cant stand the wait for Bayo3 and will buy it all over again and the nintendo fans that didnt bought the wiiu. Last facts: PewDiePie made videos about bayo, Bayo is a smash bros character.

solo se hablar español

Around the Network
Dand said:
Mnementh said:

As far as I know it is only sold digital, am I right? So I think 300K-500K. If it releases physical (non-limited) a million is possible.

No, it is confirmed a physical version release, but it will only have the second one on the cartridge, the first will come as a download code.

Isn't that a special edition? At higher price and limited? This will not do much.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'd say around the same as the Wii U version.

Mnementh said:
Dand said:

No, it is confirmed a physical version release, but it will only have the second one on the cartridge, the first will come as a download code.

Isn't that a special edition? At higher price and limited? This will not do much.

It's not. There's also a standard physical edition with the second game on a cartridge.

OT: I think it will sell around 500k or 600k

1M+
lots of gamers have switches and have not played that game.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Bajablo said:
1M+
lots of gamers have switches and have not played that game.

I assume though that many that wanted it got it on the Wii U, and that many newcomers would skip that for Bayonetta 3. I will go with 500k myself.