By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Well will Bayonetta 2 sell on Switch?

Tagged games:

dgboweniii said:
Literally everything sells like gold on the switch, if this momentum keeps up bayonetta will be no different.

Fire Emblem Warriors hasn't been selling like gold.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

As far as I know it is only sold digital, am I right? So I think 300K-500K. If it releases physical (non-limited) a million is possible.

No, it is confirmed a physical version release, but it will only have the second one on the cartridge, the first will come as a download code.

NightDragon83 said:
Price is going to be a big factor here too. If this is released at full MSRP it'll definitely hamper sales, but if it's released at a much lower price point (say under $40) it'll sell alot better.

Sadly it is confirmed to be $60.

On topic:

I believe it will sell around 500k too. I am one that had it on Wii U and will not get it again on Switch.

If Xenoblade 2 is any indication, Bayo 3 should sell about 30% more out of the gate, and have longer legs. As for 1+2 - that's a little harder to say. At a $40 or $50 price point, it should sell nicely and may even beat two LT with a bit of new audience and probably about 40% of the original buyers double-dipping.

I wouldn't expect massively better sales for 1+2, though. It is a port and will do well to match sales of the original and set the stage for growth on 3.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I see this passing a million with ease. the switch will have a bigger install base and a crowd thats not the regular nintendo fan so this might appeal to them.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I think 500k is a good estimate. That's if Bayonetta 3 does decently and sells about 1.3 mil or so. If it really catches on with a new fanbase who's never played Bayonetta I'd bring my estimate up to 750k

Around the Network

There are some wrong points in your reasoning, like the game having sold only 0.84(at least in theory) since thats only the physical sales numbers(so it sold more with digital), and that FE Warriors is a musou game, not really an action game(thus the appeal is lower, at least as far as I see).

But having said that, its hard to say one way or the other.Many of the fans already played 2, and I doubt they will double dip, so unless Bayo manages to bring in new fans(which there is a good chance of happening), I dont think its selling big numbers.500 K WW LT seems like a safe bet.(shipped plus digital)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Not sure, but aeeing how I missed it on Switch, I will be one of the sales for sure.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I would say probably around half of what the second one sold. 1) it’s a port, and 2) unlike games like Pokken or MK8, there’s really nothing Nintendo can add to it to spice up the deal. That’s why they’re not calling it the “Deluxe” version. I also don’t think Portability will do much for it. Maybe with strong marketing, it’ll do better, but Bayo had extremely strong marketing and barely sold half of what the PS3 version of Bayo 1 did.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

One zillion copies!

At $60, I certainly won't be buying it. I'm not buying anything a second time unless it is significantly discounted.

I'm going with >500k LT.