By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Well will Bayonetta 2 sell on Switch?

Tagged games:

Nintendo showed this announcement on a show that mostly MS and Sony fans watch... They are doing great marketing, telling them: look, this is our console hybrid, it's an alternative to your console, and you can get high quality games like these... They want to tempt owners of other consoles to buy a switch and play the Bayonetta saga, it was a brilliant move. It's not a coincidence that they showed this, instead of any other game like Yoshi, Kirby or Fire Emblem.
OT, it has a chance of selling 1 million. People that got upset because bayo 2 was exclusive to Wiiu, and didn't want to buy one, will for sure be more interested in getting a switch, which may be even seen as a handheld instead of a console.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Bajablo said:
1M+
lots of gamers have switches and have not played that game.

I assume though that many that wanted it got it on the Wii U, and that many newcomers would skip that for Bayonetta 3. I will go with 500k myself.

I'm gonna double-dip on this.. cause my wiiU is not plugged in anymore.. the only game left that i want is DK:TF. then the wiiU porting can stop.
OT though, the thing is that ALOT of people that have the switch have never owned a WiiU.

I'm thinking this is gonna stack it up with people like me that will get it again.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

150k-200k FW
1m LT

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

I was kind of hoping they'd package 2 in with 3 when it comes out like they did for 1 and 2, but to be fair that was bizarrely generous by industry standards the first time so it's probably not fair to expect it again lol

RedKingXIII said:
Mnementh said:

Isn't that a special edition? At higher price and limited? This will not do much.

It's not. There's also a standard physical edition with the second game on a cartridge.

OT: I think it will sell around 500k or 600k

OK, that is good. In that case it could go up much higher.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a lot of faith in Bayo 2 sales.

I think a lot of you are forgetting that B2 sold 0.84 (or whatever the number actually is) tied to a 10+ million install base. That's much better than B1 selling 2 million to a 150+ install base.

I think it will hit 1 million. What I'm more concerned about is if B1 and B2 get physical releases. If they don't that could definitely hurt sales and will probably not get that 1M mark. That will take half of the Switch's storage.

Considering how many where saying "I won't buy a Wii U just to play Bayo 2!" and having or planning to buy a Switch, I'd say it will sell substantially better than Bayo 2 on the Wii U. Also, unlike for the first game, this is now a pretty well-known franchise.

So my prediction is:

260k FW, 1.2M LT

And for Bayonetta 3:

360k FW
1.8M LT

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 10 December 2017

Hope it at least reach a million.

More importantly, how much will it take for them to make a profit? This is a double dip, and I can't imagine it took a whole lot of effort to move it to the Switch.

The Switch is to the Wii U what the Wii was to the Gamecube, better tech but more or less the same visuals. That being said, I'm curious if the original 2 on the Wii U made much, if any, of a profit, but I guess Nintendo wouldn't talk about it this much or make a 3rd one if it didn't.

Regardless, I'm going to say this is going to get the MK8 treatment from the fans. There simply weren't a lot of the hardcore that owned a Wii U, so I suspect this version of 1&2 will do BETTER than the Wii U versions, so I'm going to say over a million Lifetime for both versions.