By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577
Machiavellian said:
irstupid said:

To quote a famous politician.

At this point, what difference does it make?

But what incriminating info has been found in the 2 years multiple organization have spent extensively investigating Trump? Feel like the only thing found is that he had his lawyer pay a former playmate a couple hundred thousand to be quiet. 

You forgot about the latest piece of info where he payed his lawyer to hack online polls or he payed his lawyer to lie to congress concerning his negotiations for a Trump Hotel in Russia.  You know that part that is considered to be obstruction of justice and a criminal offense.  I guess none of it really matter since it just lefty media mass hysteria nonsense.  I guess with politics, no one cares unless its the opposition doing the dirty work.

All unsubstatiated stuff.

You sure are quick to believe his lawyer when his lawyer has been caught lying multiple times. 

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Machiavellian said:

You forgot about the latest piece of info where he payed his lawyer to hack online polls or he payed his lawyer to lie to congress concerning his negotiations for a Trump Hotel in Russia.  You know that part that is considered to be obstruction of justice and a criminal offense.  I guess none of it really matter since it just lefty media mass hysteria nonsense.  I guess with politics, no one cares unless its the opposition doing the dirty work.

You sure are quick to believe his lawyer when his lawyer has been caught lying multiple times. 

If it's a contest between Donald Trump and anyone else I would need some real convincing that that person is less trustworthy than Trump. Guy lies like he's not even sure what the truth is. 

Runa216 said:
http://www.cracked.com/article_26157_20-ways-government-shutdowns-destroying-america.html

Not just Trump but the entire republican party.

How can ANYONE support this group? What a republican used to represent (autonomy, tradition, self-responsibility) is a thing of the past. Now it's all anti-science, anti-progress, gun toting religious nutjobs who hate the idea that the world could be a better place if we made some changes. "NO! I only want to stay sexist, racist, and religious and all you science lovin' faggots can stop taking my freedumbs away! and my guns, always my guns!" - That's how republicans sound to me every time they whine about how it's "Merry Christmas" instead of happy holidays, or how climate change/global warming is a myth, or how they have the rights to their guns and don't want the gub'mint taking their guns int he wake of yet another mass shooting. That's why I am baffled that, in the presence of such progress and all the discoveries we've made over the past couple of decades, people still vote republican.

The political party is no longer about responsibility and autonomy, it's about regression and/or tradition in the face of progress.

And I've never seen "Endorsing gay marriage to own the repubs" but I've seen SO many pathetic instances of "Burning my nikes to own the libs". Sad. Pathetic. There shouldn't even be a debate at this point: modern republicans are the bad guys and will not be looked back upon with fondness once Trump is impeached or otherwise taken out of office (be it in 2020 or earlier, depending on whether these investigations have any weight to them.)

personally dont identify with either party but over the last few years Democrats have been terrible on certain issues like abortion, taxes, drone strikes etc. Both parties have terrible positions. It's not all white and black.

irstupid said:
Machiavellian said:

Which part is unsubstantiated.  The part where Trump paid his lawyer to lie to congress or hire a team to hack online polls or that Trump had any knowledge of it.  Since these are the things that Cohen admitted to.

Also, are you now saying you care whether someone is trustworthy because they have been caught lying multiple times.  So who do we believe, the Lawyer Trump has had in his service for how many years or Trump who has a record of lying and cheating for decades.  I guess you picked which dirty liar you want to believe if it's Trump.

Interesting enough, it appears that Mueller may have multiple sources on Cohen claims.  One thing about dirty people like Cohen, when they work for other dirty people, they like to keep records.  Just like that phone conversation between him and Trump on the hush money payments.  Do you actually believe that this was the only thing Cohen recorded or kept.  This man has been in the service for Trump for over a decade and you believe he just now started to keep records on his boss.  Lol, keep up the good fight and believe this ends with just hush money payments.

Will you now play that old card where you say everyone is corrupt so nothing to see here.

konnichiwa said:
EricHiggin said:

Then you can't really claim any measurements for anything. Hillary never was defeated by Obama or Trump, climate change can't exist because it was never hotter or colder. ISIS was defeated at one point in time, but the only constant in life is change, so measurements are only the most useful at the time they were taken, and become less useful as time goes on. The Earth makes one full rotation every 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds, right now at this point in time, but is slowing down due to external effects, and will at some point end up at full 24 hour days. If a giant meteor we don't know about eventually shows up and slams into the planet, you can bet that rotation measurement will change as well, if we're alive to measure it.

It simply is a poor word of choice when ISIS has +30.000 militants in several regions that are trying to win over some Tribal regions to fight with them while being responsibe for daily attacks/carbombs. USA leaving is seen as a victory for ISIS and the recent killing of US servicemen is the icing on the cake.  Allied airattacks/Kurds are the biggest threats for ISIS but with US going out the allied air attacks will be less occuring and Kurds will have to spend more resources with the possibility of an attack of Turkish forces, the threat that ISIS will gain more militants and more territory after US leaving is a possibility. 

How do you know staying would be the better choice?

Machiavellian said:
EricHiggin said:

Well it matters if the region is one they invaded or where they live and started. If you plan to take back everything they stole but leave them with what they had to begin with, then why couldn't that be considered defeating them, at that point in time?

So who else is saying we defeated ISIS in the region.  Has any of the allies in that region saying the same thing.  Is anyone at the Pentagon, on the ground, generals you name it.  You tell me who else is making this claim.  Not even sure why you continue to run this what if scenario.  Hell, even when you try to defend Trump he only will disappoint you by walking back his statements.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-isis-defeated-claim-syria-troops-pull-out-2018-12

Like I said before, in today's world, not saying anything is better than saying something in which could cost you a major headache, or your career or more, now or down the road, so why bother saying something that doesn't need to be said? Who is admitting they haven't been defeated?

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
http://www.cracked.com/article_26157_20-ways-government-shutdowns-destroying-america.html

How can ANYONE support this group?

Their followers are easy to manipulate - perhaps they watch too much TV, but their brains work differently.

All you need is to get any kind of a used car salesman sort up and have him keep repeating simple phrases over and over and over and over and over and over again. This is how to persuade the followers of the republican party. Basic logic will fly over their heads for the most part.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

jason1637 said:
Runa216 said:

How can ANYONE support this group? What a republican used to represent (autonomy, tradition, self-responsibility) is a thing of the past. Now it's all anti-science, anti-progress, gun toting religious nutjobs who hate the idea that the world could be a better place if we made some changes. "NO! I only want to stay sexist, racist, and religious and all you science lovin' faggots can stop taking my freedumbs away! and my guns, always my guns!" - That's how republicans sound to me every time they whine about how it's "Merry Christmas" instead of happy holidays, or how climate change/global warming is a myth, or how they have the rights to their guns and don't want the gub'mint taking their guns int he wake of yet another mass shooting. That's why I am baffled that, in the presence of such progress and all the discoveries we've made over the past couple of decades, people still vote republican.

The political party is no longer about responsibility and autonomy, it's about regression and/or tradition in the face of progress.

And I've never seen "Endorsing gay marriage to own the repubs" but I've seen SO many pathetic instances of "Burning my nikes to own the libs". Sad. Pathetic. There shouldn't even be a debate at this point: modern republicans are the bad guys and will not be looked back upon with fondness once Trump is impeached or otherwise taken out of office (be it in 2020 or earlier, depending on whether these investigations have any weight to them.)

personally dont identify with either party but over the last few years Democrats have been terrible on certain issues like abortion, taxes, drone strikes etc. Both parties have terrible positions. It's not all white and black.

Okay, what? Democrats are widely a group who support pro-choice, so they're on the right side of history in terms of abortion (unless you're some pro-life nutjob who doesn't feel women deserve dominion over what happen in their bodies, I can't see how you feel democrats have been terrible on issues like abortion.)

Taxes? All the best nations in the world (when it comes to important shit like healthcare, progress, inclusion, education, and quality of life) have higher taxes. You put more into the collective pot, it's better for everyone. That's kind of the very foundation of what makes humans so powerful. To deny that is foolish. 

Drone Strikes are..it's war. I have never understood why, in a WAR ZONE, it was somehow considered bad to use the most efficient and quick weapons to end a fight. Unless I completely misunderstand you. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
jason1637 said:

Okay, what? Democrats are widely a group who support pro-choice, so they're on the right side of history in terms of abortion (unless you're some pro-life nutjob who doesn't feel women deserve dominion over what happen in their bodies, I can't see how you feel democrats have been terrible on issues like abortion.)

Taxes? All the best nations in the world (when it comes to important shit like healthcare, progress, inclusion, education, and quality of life) have higher taxes. You put more into the collective pot, it's better for everyone. That's kind of the very foundation of what makes humans so powerful. To deny that is foolish. 

Drone Strikes are..it's war. I have never understood why, in a WAR ZONE, it was somehow considered bad to use the most efficient and quick weapons to end a fight. Unless I completely misunderstand you. 

1. People should have the right to do what they wan't pto their bodies as long as it does not harm aanother life. Abortion is terrible and it's pretty sad that its allowed in this country. I think life should be protected from the womb til death. Don't see how that makes me a nutjob.

2. Taxes are neccesary to keep a country running but some of the proposals to raise taxes to upwards of 70% are terrible. 

3. Drone strikes used in both Obama and Trump's presidency have killed hundreds of regular civilians. 

Jumpin said:
Runa216 said:

How can ANYONE support this group?

Their followers are easy to manipulate - perhaps they watch too much TV, but their brains work differently.

All you need is to get any kind of a used car salesman sort up and have him keep repeating simple phrases over and over and over and over and over and over again. This is how to persuade the followers of the republican party. Basic logic will fly over their heads for the most part.

But that counts for everything politics and not just the republicans,ofcourse you think they have the worst agenda but that might say something about how you are also easy to manipulate but on the other side.

Immersiveunreality said:
Jumpin said:

But that counts for everything politics and not just the republicans,ofcourse you think they have the worst agenda but that might say something about how you are also easy to manipulate but on the other side.

The difference is that Democrats want to help people and raise the standard of living by being inclusive and making the world a better place for its citizens. The Republicans want to dial back progress for women, minorities, and the lower/middle class. They value tradition over progress, and based on the current administration want to go back to a time when non-white, non-males were treated as second class citizens. That's a villain, right there. 

And trump's administration is shutting down the country in a petulant attempt to build a wall that won't work and cost people billions. Immature, regressive, mentally deranged. This is not a party I can respect. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android