By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577

ISIS is defeated! And then today ISIS claims a bombing that killed 2 US soldiers. In my opinion US goes out or stays in the end US should decide themself what they do but you realy can't claim ISIS is down.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
ISIS is defeated! And then today ISIS claims a bombing that killed 2 US soldiers. In my opinion US goes out or stays in the end US should decide themself what they do but you realy can't claim ISIS is down.

Then you can't really claim any measurements for anything. Hillary never was defeated by Obama or Trump, climate change can't exist because it was never hotter or colder. ISIS was defeated at one point in time, but the only constant in life is change, so measurements are only the most useful at the time they were taken, and become less useful as time goes on. The Earth makes one full rotation every 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds, right now at this point in time, but is slowing down due to external effects, and will at some point end up at full 24 hour days. If a giant meteor we don't know about eventually shows up and slams into the planet, you can bet that rotation measurement will change as well, if we're alive to measure it.

EricHiggin said:
konnichiwa said:

Then you can't really claim any measurements for anything. Hillary never was defeated by Obama or Trump, climate change can't exist because it was never hotter or colder. ISIS was defeated at one point in time, but the only constant in life is change, so measurements are only the most useful at the time they were taken, and become less useful as time goes on. The Earth makes one full rotation every 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds, right now at this point in time, but is slowing down due to external effects, and will at some point end up at full 24 hour days. If a giant meteor we don't know about eventually shows up and slams into the planet, you can bet that rotation measurement will change as well, if we're alive to measure it.

Even Fox and Friends didn't buy this lie from Trump, why you even trying support it.  Lol......

EricHiggin said:
konnichiwa said:

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/ContentFeature/GlobalWarming/images/giss_temperature.png

"The Earth makes one full rotation every 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds, right now at this point in time, but is slowing down due to external effects, and will at some point end up at full 24 hour days."

If it keeps slowing down by say ~1 milli-secound every 100 years.

1/1000th of a secound every 100 years...

54 minuets x 60 secounds pr minuet + 4 = 3244 secounds

3244 secounds x 1000 x 100 years =

324,400,000  years until there is a day thats only 24 hours long.

"Hillary never was defeated by Trump"

In a more fair system she would have won, she won the popular vote by more than 2million votes.
Its because the system isnt fair, that the person the least people voted for actually won (imo).
Not to mention the russian ran propaganda campagns for him, against hillary.

You american have a screwed up system for elections :)

" If a giant meteor we don't know about eventually shows up and slams into the planet, you can bet that rotation measurement will change as well, if we're alive to measure it."

Lets cross our fingers and hope it doesnt happend in our lifetimes.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 16 January 2019

deskpro2k3 said:
1,000 hamberders goes down well with some covfefe.

Lowkey you can never go wrong with a hamburger.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
EricHiggin said:

Even Fox and Friends didn't buy this lie from Trump, why you even trying support it.  Lol......

Well since you clearly agree with Fox that it's a lie, it must mean you don't think time frame matters, so technically if ISIS is ever 100% defeated forever, Trump is correct, no matter when it happens.

JRPGfan said:
EricHiggin said:

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/ContentFeature/GlobalWarming/images/giss_temperature.png

"The Earth makes one full rotation every 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds, right now at this point in time, but is slowing down due to external effects, and will at some point end up at full 24 hour days."

If it keeps slowing down by say ~1 milli-secound every 100 years.

1/1000th of a secound every 100 years...

54 minuets x 60 secounds pr minuet + 4 = 3244 secounds

3244 secounds x 1000 x 100 years =

324,400,000  years until there is a day thats only 24 hours long.

"Hillary never was defeated by Trump"

In a more fair system she would have won, she won the popular vote by more than 2million votes.
Its because the system isnt fair, that the person the least people voted for actually won (imo).
Not to mention the russian ran propaganda campagns for him, against hillary.

You american have a screwed up system for elections :)

" If a giant meteor we don't know about eventually shows up and slams into the planet, you can bet that rotation measurement will change as well, if we're alive to measure it." 

Lets cross our fingers and hope it doesnt happend in our lifetimes.

The Hillary and climate change points were backwards on purpose. I was making a point about how everything changes, which is why we have words for that, but when those words are used to make a point, it's based on that specific time frame, not necessarily forever. Hillary ran again, and could run a third time. The climate changes constantly. Defeating someone or something doesn't mean it can't return. ISIS = cancer. Ever heard it proclaimed that somebody fought and defeated cancer, only to have it eventually return?

BTW, if the election system went full blown popular vote tomorrow, you can kiss America goodbye by 2050 if not sooner. One way to look at the electoral college, is that it's like brakes for a motor vehicle. Imagine if companies started making vehicles without brakes to save some money. Great idea right? Just drive really really slow, you'll be fine.

Not sure why you went to the trouble of figuring out how long before we have 24 hour days because it's clearly not happening anytime soon or it would be common knowledge due to the chaos it would create. It doesn't change the fact that it will happen unless something that specifically interrupts the rotation and/or external effects that exist now interferes.

I'm down for a giant meteor, as long as Space X has the tech to safely take it out by then. Would be wicked to watch it happen in 8k HDR. Bruce Willis in a Tesla boring machine armed with not-a-nuke. Moon landing eat your heart out. 

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 17 January 2019

EricHiggin said:
Machiavellian said:

Well since you clearly agree with Fox that it's a lie, it must mean you don't think time frame matters, so technically if ISIS is ever 100% defeated forever, Trump is correct, no matter when it happens.

So what do you constitute as being defeated.  Lets see, none of our allies believe this myth.  The defense secretary quite because of this myth and the so called defeated enemy still has a sizable presences in the region.  

If Trump does defeat ISIS then he should get his props and I have no qualms about ever give Trump credit for any accomplishment.  I am still just waiting to see them first.  But then again since he knows more about ISIS then our generals, I am sure someday we will see his wisdom.

Machiavellian said:
EricHiggin said:

So what do you constitute as being defeated.  Lets see, none of our allies believe this myth.  The defense secretary quite because of this myth and the so called defeated enemy still has a sizable presences in the region.  

If Trump does defeat ISIS then he should get his props and I have no qualms about ever give Trump credit for any accomplishment.  I am still just waiting to see them first.  But then again since he knows more about ISIS then our generals, I am sure someday we will see his wisdom.

Whatever the U.S. goal was, which none of us know exactly. If they reached that goal, which we can at least assume was to put a halt to the ISIS agenda/terrorism, then I would agree they were victorious at that point in time. Military individuals typically aren't big into politics, especially when it comes to the MSM or social media. Why speak up when you don't need to and risk your career or more? Just because the enemy still exists doesn't mean they haven't been defeated. That's like saying Trump didn't defeat Hillary because the Dems still exist. Who cares when the Presidency was the goal?

It's really tough to move rock. That's probably why they voted for DT. The ballot may have said Donald Trump but his base knew it really stood for dynamite.

EricHiggin said:
Machiavellian said:

Whatever the U.S. goal was, which none of us know exactly. If they reached that goal, which we can at least assume was to put a halt to the ISIS agenda/terrorism, then I would agree they were victorious at that point in time. Military individuals typically aren't big into politics, especially when it comes to the MSM or social media. Why speak up when you don't need to and risk your career or more? Just because the enemy still exists doesn't mean they haven't been defeated. That's like saying Trump didn't defeat Hillary because the Dems still exist. Who cares when the Presidency was the goal?

It's really tough to move rock. That's probably why they voted for DT. The ballot may have said Donald Trump but his base knew it really stood for dynamite.

If your defense secretary quit because the President made a decision that was not in line with either him, the Pentagon or any of our allies, I would believe saying it was the US goal a far stretch.  Now if you want to say it was Trump decision then that would be more accurate.  As for your analogy, in war if your enemy still has a presence in a region and continue to make aggressive moves then NO, you did not defeat them.

So Cohen hired an IT team to rig online polls. Is there no end to the corruption that was done by the Trump campaign. The funny part is that we are all to believe this was done without Trump knowledge like Manafort sending private polling data to a Russian agent.