By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump: How Do You Feel about Him Now? (Poll)

Last November,

I supported him and I still do - Americas 91 15.77%

I supported him and I now don't - Americas 16 2.77%

I supported him and I still do - Europe 37 6.41%

I supported him and I now don't - Europe 7 1.21%

I supported him and I still do - Asia 6 1.04%

I supported him and I now don't - Asia 1 0.17%

I supported him and I still do - RoW 15 2.60%

I supported him and I now don't - RoW 2 0.35%

I didn't support him and still don't. 373 64.64%

I didn't support him and now do. 29 5.03%

Total:577

https://immigrationforum.org/article/bridge-act-bipartisan-solution-dreamers/

Democrats should take the deal. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

We don't negotiate with Terrorists. 

Yes, I know I used that 'joke' before but the point still stands. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
jason1637 said:

I've already said that both parties have doen and continue to do pretty bad things. Acting like the Democratic party are this clean party just makes you sound like a sheep.

jason1637 said:
Runa216 said:

I've already said that both parties have doen and continue to do pretty bad things. Acting like the Democratic party are this clean party just makes you sound like a sheep.

I'm sorry, but when the democrats enacted a shutdown in 2013 they did it to keep the affordable care act - something intended to bring healthcare to MORE americans. When the Republicans enacted a shutdown, it was to further their xenophobia by demanding changes be made to a border wall...

So yes, comparatively the democrats are SQUEAKY clean. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
jason1637 said:

I'm sorry, but when the democrats enacted a shutdown in 2013 they did it to keep the affordable care act - something intended to bring healthcare to MORE americans. When the Republicans enacted a shutdown, it was to further their xenophobia by demanding changes be made to a border wall...

But drugs and criminals do come illegally from the border. A wall would protect Americans.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Runa216 said:

But drugs and criminals do come illegally from the border. A wall would protect Americans.

That's a gross and frankly xenophobic misrepresentation of the facts, and no a wall wouldn't do shit. Do your damn research. IT's an icon of border security, it wouldn't actually work.

The actual statistics show that people crossing the border are LESS likely to commit crime than locals...because they don't want to be caught and deported. Do you not actually realize that these are REAL people FLEEING from shitty and dangerous lives? Oh, right, if you actually thought people from south of the border were actual people with hopes and dreams and concerns and desires to feed their family you wouldn't want to erect a wall and treat them like animals. 

Got it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:
jason1637 said:

That's a gross and frankly xenophobic misrepresentation of the facts, and no a wall wouldn't do shit. Do your damn research. IT's an icon of border security, it wouldn't actually work.

The actual statistics show that people crossing the border are LESS likely to commit crime than locals...because they don't want to be caught and deported. Do you not actually realize that these are REAL people FLEEING from shitty and dangerous lives? Oh, right, if you actually thought people from south of the border were actual people with hopes and dreams and concerns and desires to feed their family you wouldn't want to erect a wall and treat them like animals. 

Got it. 

It's not me being xenophobic.

Do criminals cross the border illegally? Yes it happens. Not as much as locals but their are still a few thousands that are criminals.

Do drugs come from the border? Yes and most actually come from check points which reaffirms the need for more border security and drug checking technology.

we can't allow people to keep coming to the country illegally even if they are doing it for their family. They wont be able to work here in the first place, and they might just end up getting deported. We should fix the immigration system while building a wall.

Yeah it appears I would be wrong, as I have looked into this a bit here.

This is actually a "partial government shutdown", as are some others and what I remembered likely was another partial shutdown that didn't affect other operations as it were and was not a "government shutdown" as it would be today(meaning this one, not current times), and yeah when looking it up they didn't reference the late 90s.

Sorry about the confusion, but that happens when going off the cuff right?

However,  yeah my dad would be furloughed from time to time on a infrequent yet, regular basis.  Not that I paid attention much as a kid, but that is my reflective point.

The media would TRY to make this a topic in the 2000s  (to play this same game with the presidents then) but there weren't any takers back then, and they used to air (at least locally here) government workers interviewing smiling and saying it wasn't a big deal.  Somehow, these days are different.

jason1637 said:

Do drugs come from the border? Yes and most actually come from check points which reaffirms the need for more border security and drug checking technology.

If most drugs are transported through existing checkpoints and ports of entry, how would more border wall stop that?

TallSilhouette said:
jason1637 said:

If most drugs are transported through existing checkpoints and ports of entry, how would more border wall stop that?

A wall would stop drugs that don't come from checkpoints while drug detection tech would stop drugs that do.