Dual Joy-Cons no grip 34 18.89%

Dual Joy-Cons with group 27 15.00%

Pro Controller 99 55.00%

Gamecube Controller 15 8.33%

USB / Other Controller 4 2.22%

Total:180
guiduc said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Ah, Nintendo really needs to make a left joycon with a proper d-pad already.

That would literally go against the core concept of the Joycons being symmetrical for duplicating controller purposes.

So? That feature isn't always useful or preferred, so why not have a better option for those times. More options are good for the consumer, and it would also mean more money for Nintendo, a win-win.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Jranation said:
Wheres the option Joycons attached on Switch / Handheld mode

I prefer playing my Switch games on handheld mode. I have better control of it especially on Splatoon.

When was the last time you saw a doctor?

When they checked up on my ears xD 

Why? Whats wrong with playing like that. I know it was weird at the start but I got sooo comfortable with it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Thechalkblock said:
Bristow9091 said:
When people are saying dual joycon no grip, do they mean a joycon in each hand so they could hold their arms wide apart and still play? I couldn't do that, I don't like my hands being too far apart while holding a controller, it's one of the reasons I hated the Wii U gamepad, it just felt so weird having my hands that far apart, even if it wasn't by much, lol.

I don't have a Pro controller, don't feel the need to buy one, I'm more than happy with the joycons in the grip, it's actually a nice design and very comfy to hold for me, when I first saw pictures I thought it'd be more squared to hold but the grip is nice to hold, although I've had it slip down my hands a few times because of how smooth it is and how narrow it gets at the top.

Yeah, that's what we mean. 

I also feel the Joy-Con with the grip feels nice, but for some reason I prefer holding one in each hand now. 

It is what it is.

I don't know, that seems weird to me, I remember trying it with Breath of the Wild and I just felt lost with my arms so far apart (I played sat on the settee with my hands just rested to my sides) and was even forgetting the button layout and found myself having to look at the joycons to figure out which button was which, despite me knowing exactly what each button is, it just confused me somehow, not sure why... I can't even say I've not played a Nintendo console in a while either since literally the day before I got my Switch I was playing my N3DSXL, lol. 

Jranation said:
mZuzek said:

When was the last time you saw a doctor?

When they checked up on my ears xD 

Why? Whats wrong with playing like that. I know it was weird at the start but I got sooo comfortable with it. 

Nah, don't get me wrong. There's absolutely nothing wrong with playing in handheld mode, except, you know... everything. Especially in Splatoon - other games I can understand, but seriously Splatoon? Like, dude. How do you even do that? When I played through the campaign (all of it in handheld mode, because I was at a friend's with other people and no one wanted spoilers) it was so jarring and downright impossible to play like that I ended up just doing tabletop mode all the time even when it shouldn't be possible - like, stacking up boxes and stuff just to get the console on a decent position so I could play with decent controls.

I mean, it's not just a taste thing. Splatoon on handheld mode is objectively crappy, because it only lets you tilt the console so much upwards before it stops resetting the camera proper - and the height it was set for is the height you'd normally use any controller (without a screen) on, so that means you're the one who needs to look down at the game instead of the game's camera being adjustable for your needs. In other words, playing on the bed is pretty much impossible.

All of this isn't an issue if you use stick controls, of course. But if you use stick controls then you've got an even bigger concern.

The Pro Controller is masterful.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

All of this isn't an issue if you use stick controls, of course. But if you use stick controls then you've got an even bigger concern.

Which is what?

I actually mostly play in handheld mode, mainly because I like sitting in the guest room or my bedroom when I play (The dock is in the family room)

However, when I'm doing TV mode I definitely prefer the pro controller. Sometimes though I will prefer to use the joycons separated. Really just depends on my mood, but I'm very excited to be getting the Xenoblade pro controller when it comes out. :D

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Lonely_Dolphin said:
mZuzek said:

Which is what?

I don't know because I'm not a doctor, but it'd definitely be something very serious.

Split joycons all the way.

I love being able to hold my hands further apart, it allows for more relaxed and comfortable arm positions.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Pavolink said:
Pro controller, except for the d-pad

What's wrong with the d-pad?

EDIT: You mean this? http://www.ateijelo.com/blog/2017/07/12/effective-fix-switch-pro-controller-dpad-issues

Last edited by TomaTito - on 27 October 2017

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"