Favorite Nintendo Switch controller?

Single Joy-Con 1 0.56%

Dual Joy-Cons no grip 34 18.89%

Dual Joy-Cons with group 27 15.00%

Pro Controller 99 55.00%

Gamecube Controller 15 8.33%

USB / Other Controller 4 2.22%

Total:180

Pro controller is phenomenal. If only it had analog triggers it would be perfect

Around the Network
Thechalkblock said:

What’s your favorite controller to use while gaming on Nintendo Switch?

Personally, dual joy-cons without the grip are my favorite. At first I used the grip, but when I became more comfortable with the joy cons I felt no need to use the grip any more.

What’s your favorite controller to game with on Switch?

I'm the same way.  I used the grip for the first couple of days before I realized how amazingly comfortable and relaxed it is to play with a loose joycon in each hand.  Haven't experienced that since the Wiimote and nunchuck days.

I mostly use the joy-cons with grip. However, I liked Wii games that made use of the Wiimote and nunchuck for normal controller functions. So, I feel like I should be a fan of dual joy-cons without the grip. Maybe I just haven't gotten used to it yet....

Conina said:

Until now, I only played with the Joy-Cons attached to the Switch (good enough for mobile use), the Joy-Cons connected to the grip and the Joy-Cons unconnected. So far, I prefer the Joy-Cons connected to the grip.

This week I also got a third party charge grip (€13 with shipping, USB-C cable included) with longer and thicker handles... feels much better than the original. And the Joy-Cons get charged that way while playing.

Although I'm still very happy with the grip charge controller with the longer handles, I added a Switch Pro controller to my collection yesterday. Love it so far!

Since 7th gen all my consoles (and other devices connected to the TV) have to be black to be as unobtrusive as possible under the TV.

The controllers on the other hand can be a bit more colorful:

JCs with grip as I've actually found it easier to use claw style of play with thee set up.