By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why would Doom come to Switch?

The Myth still lives in the heart of some

Around the Network

Dragon Ball games are for kids. Shonen manga is aimed at young boys.

niceguygameplayer said:

My point is that adult oriented games will almost certainly fail to succeed on Switch.  I want to see how Dragon Ball Xenoverse sells on Switch worldwide

LOL? 

Shonen

"A genre of Japanese comics and animated films aimed primarily at a young male audience, typically characterized by action-filled plots.

Origin

1980s: from Japanese shōnen ‘boy’. Compare with shojo."

I knew who it was just by the topic title. Stop making such ignorant topics, please.

niceguygameplayer said:

I understand that Switch is doing very well and that some indie games have done better on it than all others platforms combined. The 2 indie games that have done so well on Switch are Nintendo-like games. One like 2d Mario and the other like Zelda. However, a game like Doom is likely doomed on Switch. I think Skyrim will underperform too.

(....)

If Switch does actually succeed in 3rd party games like these, it could be as big a hit or bigger than PS4 in America. I just dont see it happening long term, though. It already will beat PS4 in Japan as long as Nintendo, and 3rd parties, can keep rolling out a lot of games. Europe is PS4 country, though. Regardless of which one wins worldwide, it will be an exciting sales war!  

Of course you shouldn't be expecting Doom and Skyrim to outsell the PS4 versions. I think Bethesda would already be very happy with 1 million lifetime for each.

Around the Network

I think all gamers are child.

We are the world !

im 38 and i cant wait for +18 games (resident Evil and other Hoor game

Well that was a weird assumption about the Switch audience. Ofcourse the Switch should have games like Skyrim and Doom, because.... THAT IS HOW YOU ATTRACT A BIGGER AUDIENCE. That is how those games and the Switch will succeed.

Because Bethesda said, "This would cost less to do than we project it will earn us, meaning we would make money on it."

niceguygameplayer said:

I understand that Switch is doing very well and that some indie games have done better on it than all others platforms combined. The 2 indie games that have done so well on Switch are Nintendo-like games. One like 2d Mario and the other like Zelda. However, a game like Doom is likely doomed on Switch. I think Skyrim will underperform too. These are not kiddie type games. I like Sonic, so don't think I don't like any kiddie games or that I'm insulting anyone.

Dude, adults play more kiddie-like games than kids. Because adults are sure of themselfes that tehy are grown-up, while kids and teenagers have to prove how grown-up they are and distance themself from 'kiddie'-games and what they perceive as such. That's why kids tend to play bloody violent and 'mature' games and giggle over suggested nakedness or sex, while adults are bored with that and expect other things of games. For instance the 'sex'-scene in God of War is clearly intended at young teenagers. On the other hand Pokemon is played by 30-40 years old, who like the complex consideration behind the scenes. 2D-Mario is (as many retro-games) targeted at adults who played games as they were kids 20 years ago.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]