By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why would Doom come to Switch?

We also don't know the arrangement with Nintendo. It could well be that Nintendo themselves have part financed these ports because they feel they need to get more games on the Switch. The fact Skyrim was announced before launch was clear Nintendo had paid for that content. That arrangement may have continued to these later titles. There may not be any financial gamble at all for Bethesda if they have been paid for their development costs.

My guess would be that Nintendo pretty much paid completely for Skyrim but with the successful launch of the Switch have dialed back the incentive somewhat and only partly assisted with development costs for these later games.

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:

I understand that Switch is doing very well and that some indie games have done better on it than all others platforms combined. The 2 indie games that have done so well on Switch are Nintendo-like games. One like 2d Mario and the other like Zelda. However, a game like Doom is likely doomed on Switch. I think Skyrim will underperform too. These are not kiddie type games. I like Sonic, so don't think I don't like any kiddie games or that I'm insulting anyone. 

My point is that adult oriented games will almost certainly fail to succeed on Switch. Of course I could be wrong. We will see. I want to see how Dragon Ball Xenoverse sells on Switch worldwide. I know it has done well in Japan. I will watch these games and more. I predict failing sales. 

If Switch does actually succeed in 3rd party games like these, it could be as big a hit or bigger than PS4 in America. I just dont see it happening long term, though. It already will beat PS4 in Japan as long as Nintendo, and 3rd parties, can keep rolling out a lot of games. Europe is PS4 country, though. Regardless of which one wins worldwide, it will be an exciting sales war!  

Someone who claims that Zelda, Sonic, Mario and other games that tend to be successful on Nintendo platforms as being "kiddie" while simultaneously referring to Dragon Ball Z as being for adults has shot themselves in the foot. I remember, as a child, Dragon Ball Z was being advertised for children and aired on a kids TV network. This is not to say that Dragon Ball Z is only for kids, I would argue that it reaches a large demographic, just like Nintendo titles.

Just because something isn't brutally violent, does not mean it is just for children or that it is "kiddie". This would be like saying the Marvel movies are "kiddie" because they do not have over the top violence. Such a view is very simple-minded. 

That being said, I am not surprised. I mean - you referred to Europe as a country. That would be enough to make me want hide from the Internet and lay low for a few days.

Even if you were right.... (which you aren't), wouldn't the availability of such non child friendly games on the platform make the platform now appeal to all the older folks?

Sry OP your post is very "kiddie".

Maybe because Doom was on the SNES and N64? I don't know. I hope you got a source for saying that adult games will fail on the switch or whatever you base that reasons of yours on.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

I admit its surprising to see Bethesda announce 2 more games before seeing how Skyrim performs. Its probably cheap and easy to port games to the Switch.

I've been bringing my Switch to work since launch and my coworkers always ask "Does it have games like Call of Duty?" and I always respond "Not yet, but it will. It'll have everything."

The Switch doesn't look like a toy and, as a result, it's getting attention from every type of gamer. It needs to have a library for every type of gamer.

You make the strangest threads about Nintendo.......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Miyamotoo said:
Sry OP your post is very "kiddie".

Best one so far xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Flilix said:
The Switch is a lot more focused on young adults than kids. Games like Zelda and Xenoblade have cartoony graphics, but that doesn't mean they're as 'kiddie type' as Animal Crossing and Nintendogs.

Yes, these 18+ third party games look totally different from Nintendo games, but I'm sure that there will be a fair amount of Nintendo fans who enjoy these games too.

Nintendogs and Animal Crossing are hard, core!